The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Mar 8, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #3,451 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by A.Thorsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pay a hefty penalty to whom? And how do you prove this? What's the criteria?

What's the criteria? LOL! Like maybe not having the product available that you're advertising?

Quote:

What criteria is being used to determine whether or not these are "overpriced?" Just because you think so? What's your frame of reference, if any? Are you in the new Grado PS 1000 thread popping this line, too?

Putting down money for a headphone that does not exist? I'd say that "headphone" is overpriced
tongue.gif

Seriously though, any dynamic headphone over $1000 is overpriced IMO.

Quote:

I haven't been following this huge thread very closely, but what information is left that people are looking for? These things aren't shipping until later this month at earliest and probably into April. What's left to say after that?

Imagine a major artist like Radiohead, U2 or Springsteen announcing/promoting a new, highly anticipated release. Millions of people order it. Then they say "Oh, I guess we better go record it now".
rolleyes.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #3,452 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imagine a major artist like Radiohead, U2 or Springsteen announcing/promoting a new, highly anticipated release. Millions of people order it. Then they say "Oh, I guess we better go record it now".
rolleyes.gif

You placed an order? Where? I think most everyone placed a Pre-Order knowing full well that no specific date was set.

Im sorry if you paid by Paypal but its certainly not Sennheisers fault that a retailer has your money already.

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #3,453 of 5,928
Quote:

Radiohead, U2 or Springsteen................new, highly anticipated release........millions of people order it.

The difference is that if said artists molded their own CD's and handpainted the surface of each and every one and created each booklet with paper, pen, pencil, and/or paint rather than send a million to print; and sold the album for $500; there would not be millions of people ordering it nor millions made (mass-production style). Bear in mind that the demand for ultra high-end headphones is tiny relative to music albums; it is an extremely niche market.

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #3,454 of 5,928
Quote:

I haven't been following this huge thread very closely...What's left to say?

What's left to say?
confused_face(1).gif

Your statement says volumes, especially when posting so aggressively.

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #3,455 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And anyway, what's the real difference between a cash deposit on something that doesn't not exist and a "pre-order" confirmed on a CC # for same?

There's a big difference, at least for those who pre-ordered from a reputable dealer in the U.S.. The credit card won't be charged until the order actually ships.

Mar 8, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #3,456 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You placed an order? Where? I think most everyone placed a Pre-Order knowing full well that no specific date was set.

Im sorry if you paid by Paypal but its certainly not Sennheisers fault that a retailer has your money already.

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's left to say?
confused_face(1).gif

Your statement says volumes, especially when posting so aggressively.

What exactly is my statement saying in volumes?

You really think my brief posts in this thread have been "so aggressive?" Really?

Wow, It doesn't take much any more, I guess.

There's two different phenomena that I've seen happening in this thread for a while that yes, I've been taking exception to, and it probably is showing up in my tone a little bit. If you want, I can elaborate on those two things here for you.

I look forward to your response but please don't put words in my mouth when and if you do respond. Thanks.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #3,459 of 5,928
This thread is crazy. One thing that I've realized is that if you have a valid point pro or con to the HD800, there are people on both sides who simply make it an emotional battle.

Want to be positively skeptic and take reviews with a grain of salt? You are labeled as a head-fi/hd800 basher.

Don't think they are overpriced or are excited for their release. You're labeled as a fanboy.

It would be really nice if people could hear different points of view without getting so emotional about it.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #3,460 of 5,928
double post, sorry.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #3,461 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is crazy. One thing that I've realized is that if you have a valid point pro or con to the HD800, there are people on both sides who simply make it an emotional battle.

Want to be positively skeptic and take reviews with a grain of salt? You are labeled as a head-fi/hd800 basher.

Don't think they are overpriced or are excited for their release. You're labeled as a fanboy.

It would be really nice if people could hear different points of view without getting so emotional about it.

Add to this list: "Taking potshots at industry people and having some kind of strange, petty vendetta of sorts with them" and you come pretty close to the kinds of things I've been getting annoyed with in this thread and why my tone may seem "so aggressive" to some.

Thank you for this post.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #3,462 of 5,928
someone's got a new friend...
tongue.gif

You'r all just to eager to get the 800
biggrin.gif
There is bound to be some dissapointments.

1127335646snap-het-niet.jpg

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #3,463 of 5,928
Quote:

Welcome to reality.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #3,465 of 5,928
Quote:

[size=small]It would be really nice if people could hear different points of view without getting so emotional about it.[/size]

Emotion is what it's all about. No joy, No fun, No Life. and if I have to hear one more person say "let's just be professional" I'm gonna Sh*&^&&t a brick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back