The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Jan 8, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #76 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm saving my pennies for speakers. Still love headphones, though...

popcorn.gif

I heard you the first time
wink.gif

I'm not (and probably won't ever be) willing to sacrifice the space for a good speaker rig. Despite the slight geek gear fetish, I prefer a more minimalish living space.

I remain very interested to hear these. I've heard "detailed but not fatiguing" a thousand times, lets see if Sennheiser can deliver!

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #78 of 5,928
Damn, I was saving up for speakers too, but at the same time hoping for an affordable option from Senn since the L3000 was definitely out of reach for me.

These sound too good to me by Jude's words. They look like speaker drivers mounted on a headphone. I'd probably get them next year, when it all settles down.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #79 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I like: it looks super cool, sports a full metal chassis that will help with bass response, and seems to be a finished product!

It's obviously not 100% made of metal, the black parts are some kind of plastic and I believe that the silver parts are not metal but silver painted/sprayed plastic of some sort.

I would expect more for a flagship product above a grand, it looks fragile.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #80 of 5,928
It is terrible looking, and yet I want it so badly.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #81 of 5,928
WOW, I'm glad I held out to upgrade 580's. SCORE!

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #83 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's obviously not 100% made of metal, the black parts are some kind of plastic and I believe that the silver parts are not metal but silver painted/sprayed plastic of some sort.

It looks like the frame holding the driver in place is made out of metal. You can see this picture here:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3508/...23e2c7bf_o.jpg

As for the fragility, the HD 800 looks like it's built like a tank to me. I'm not sure what makes you think it looks fragile?

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #85 of 5,928
Where is the 'Buy Now' button, with overnight shipping?

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #87 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol. Would you fly in a new boeing 787? Wait, think about the composite materials that make up this aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back