The Sennheiser HD-600 thread
Apr 24, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #331 of 672
So, I have had these on pretty much all day and I am impressed! They just seem to do everything right. This out of an Ipod/RSA Hornet M combo. Just really sounding good to me. I'll post more when I get them home on my tube amp setup.

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #332 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, I have had these on pretty much all day and I am impressed! They just seem to do everything right. This out of an Ipod/RSA Hornet M combo. Just really sounding good to me. I'll post more when I get them home on my tube amp setup.

I feel the same way. The only time a song feels like it doesn't sound right is when it was poorly recorded, or if my version is low quality. I couldn't ask for a much more pleasing sound.

Apr 24, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #333 of 672
I have the HD600 and the HD650....Love them both....but
I think the 650 has a slight edge. For me (I listen to alot of guitar instrumental music...Vai, Satriani, Johnson ect...) the 650 pulls out the "tube driven" guitar tones better than the 600. The 600 is in the ballpark but the 650nails it....no question....maybe it's the slightly elevated mids with the 650 compared to the 600, but to my ears it's just a little more "accurate" overall.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #334 of 672
I just got a pair of these. Sorry for the bump

After almost two years almost exclusively listening to my DT770s - I gotta say its a breath of fresh air to listen to these cans. Everything is just so clean and crisp. Definitely remind me of my old HD555's. :]

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #335 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a pair of these. Sorry for the bump

After almost two years almost exclusively listening to my DT770s - I gotta say its a breath of fresh air to listen to these cans. Everything is just so clean and crisp. Definitely remind me of my old HD555's. :]

The DT770 and the HD600 are very different beasts. I feel the HD600 is much better in presenting realistic sound.

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Jul 8, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #337 of 672
Hi,
Has anybody replaced the earpads of his older hd 600(older than 4-5 years)
with new ones?

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #338 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
Has anybody replaced the earpads of his older hd 600(older than 4-5 years)
with new ones?

Yes - it makes them a little less intimate/forward, but a little more crisp and detailed (till they wear down again over the years).

Jul 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #339 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes - it makes them a little less intimate/forward, but a little more crisp and detailed (till they wear down again over the years).

AAAAhhhh thats why I loved the hd600s at first because I thought they were even crisper than my ad2000s with great mids at the same time. After a year they became too muffled and I eventually sold them. The pads are $100 too. I wouldn't want to spend $100 every 6 months on my hd600s to get the sound I like. That would cost as much or more than hd800s in the long term assuming the hd800s pads maintains its shape and size over time.

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #340 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AAAAhhhh thats why I loved the hd600s at first because I thought they were even crisper than my ad2000s with great mids at the same time. After a year they became too muffled and I eventually sold them. The pads are $100 too. I wouldn't want to spend $100 every 6 months on my hd600s to get the sound I like. That would cost as much or more than hd800s in the long term assuming the hd800s pads maintains its shape and size over time.

I've had the HD650s for about 9 months and the pads are still practically brand new. I've used them everyday BTW. The key is to loosen the clamp by bending the lower metallic headband.

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #341 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the HD650s for about 9 months and the pads are still practically brand new. I've used them everyday BTW. The key is to loosen the clamp by bending the lower metallic headband.

Warn people to Bee very careful because HD headbands break too easily.

I wore out my HD600 earpads in one year.

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #342 of 672
The HD600 has quickly become my favorite headphone.
Owned the Ultrasone pro 900, grado rs1i, dt880, and d2000s but in the end I feel like these are keepers (unless the hd650 matches my tastes more).

These have that "all around headphone" factor that I feel is crucial for me as I can't spend my short time after work messing around with different headphones to match my music. Instead, I pop these on my head and bam its musical pleasure. Great soundstage, great crisp dynamic sound signature, very open feel, comfortable, not particularly bad at ANYTHING.

Finally reached a good place. Can't purchase the hd800 so this will have to do, and boy its doing its job.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #343 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Warn people to Bee very careful because HD headbands break too easily.

I wore out my HD600 earpads in one year.

what is the best way to loosen the clamp? put some books or something inbetween?

btw, thought i let ppl know that it is now $11.40 per grill for hd600. man getting pretty costly now

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #344 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the best way to loosen the clamp? put some books or something inbetween?

Wearing them a lot.

I once put my HD600 over the arm of my chair in my bedroom overnight and they were cracked in the morning. I contacted the person who was in charge of re-furbishing my HE60 last year, and persuaded them to replace the headband under warranty, but I wont ever try to loosen the clamping up again.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #345 of 672
What I did to loosen them was to adjust the metal band part only, instead of headband itself. I pulled out the metal band all the way down and bent them outward a little. Be careful not to bend them too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back