The Sennheiser HD-600 thread
Aug 16, 2005 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 672

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
These guys don't do anything particularly great in any one department but they do everything quite well in all departments which is what I like about them.

They're a jack of all trades and I always seem to end up with them back on my head as my main 'phones after short affairs with other headphones... I can't quite describe what it is about them but the sound is like an old glove, it's comfortable it doesn't offend nor does it particularly excite it just does everything you want it to do without bells and whistles.

Nothing shines through or grabs you by the balls yet you find yourself immersed in their syrupy, inoffensive "safe" presentation..... I could ramble on and punt out paragraphs of BS descriptions but will just say I've grown to really respect these 'phones over the past couple of years.. I used to really dislike them but they're the 'phone I always end up falling back on so I guess I like them....

Just thought I'd admit it at last
tongue.gif

Any other HD-600 fans here?

Aug 16, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 672
I'm an HD600 fan.

But isn't there another appreciation thread like this out there? I coulda sworn...

Aug 16, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
I'm an HD600 fan.

But isn't there another appreciation thread like this out there? I coulda sworn...

Probably several hundred of them.

Aug 17, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 672
like liquid lead pouring into my ears. mmmm so rich and creamy
600smile.gif

Aug 17, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #6 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by tilt
like liquid lead pouring into my ears. mmmm so rich and creamy
600smile.gif

Man, your one of the few people i think i will ever hear about in my life time, that claim this sort of experience is enjoyable, or even "rich and creamy" ; )

I'll stick to just stabbing myself in the ears, soundless less harsh.

ok my fanboy post:

HD600s are GOOD.

They are good because they rock... They make the bestest sounds and mess all your cheesyheadphones up.. They rock everyone, they are the best, ever.

They are the bestest at making warm sound, sound staging, and offering very comfy velour paddings, marbley looking paint is ultra classy, headphone cable upgrading sure is fun!

Get these because they are the hottest deal in headphones right now, and the perfect way to get knee deep in headfi as a beginner, and you can keep these things all the way until your system costs a gazillion bucks.

; )

Aug 17, 2005 at 10:27 AM Post #7 of 672
Got a pair of refurb 600's from AA. Thought they might be blown or in some other way deflective. Turns out is was my Rega Ear headamp. Distorts like crazy. Now have a JMT Pimeta and am still running the amp, phones and disc spinner in. Listened to them for 3 hours last night and that is a record for me. Definetly better sounding than 555's which are veiled in comparison. Two thumbs up.

Aug 17, 2005 at 12:37 PM Post #9 of 672
I also like my HD600, especially when I am looking for a nice relaxed, full bodied and warm sound.

Other times I use my 20 year old and modded Beyerdynamic DT990 (600 ohm version) for a more neutral sound and a little more detailed sound.

Aug 17, 2005 at 12:39 PM Post #10 of 672
The HD600 sounds just right to my ears.

Other cans in the same price range (and higher price ranges as well) simply cannot do it like the 600s do.

Sep 21, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #11 of 672
So, the first feelings after getting a hook on my brand new 600`s:
... there are no highs, no lows, distortion, decibels or silence gaps in between, where I`m into - no more with 600... only pure sound, you could even taste the silence in music, simply listen to it... ! Classic/chamber music, that`s the right way definitely w/600.

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #12 of 672
Those cans are simply the best i've heard.No 650,no k701,no dt880 are even close.The only sound comparable is the Er4s.

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #13 of 672
The paint-job is yucky.

Don't blast. Its like wallpaper, if its busy, you'll get as many people who'll love it as hate it.
If you paint your walls white, most will not find it bad.

Not many headphones have crazy paint-jobs.

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #14 of 672
thats why im probably gonna go with a modded 580..not because of the price but mainly because of the marble finish.. the hd650 finish however is gorgeous

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #15 of 672
I must've gotten a lucky pair. They don't look bad at all! And they look even better to me when my ears are between the housings!
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back