The Sennheiser HD-600 thread
Aug 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #511 of 672
  The amp is good enough.  The new Icon DAC is also a good choice.

Have your tried it? does it have enough power for 300 ohm? in what volume knob position it sings well 11-12 o-clock?

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #512 of 672

Have your tried it? does it have enough power for 300 ohm? in what volume knob position it sings well 11-12 o-clock?

Yes I have, my HDP did very well with both my HD600 and HD650.

Sounds great with volume knob at 12, can be loud but listenable at 1-2, anything past that is too loud.  

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #513 of 672
  Yes I have, my HDP did very well with both my HD600 and HD650.

Sounds great with volume knob at 12, can be loud but listenable at 1-2, anything past that is too loud.  

I mean the new Icon Dac, have you tried it?
compare to HDP is it a big upgrade?

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #514 of 672
  I mean the new Icon Dac, have you tried it?
compare to HDP is it a big upgrade?

No I have not tried the Icon DAC, but have emailed NuForce about it. They say the DAC section performs just as well as the HDP, but since it is not identical I don't trust it, hah.

I also have no need for the better headphone amp since the HDP has done very well with all the headphones I've thrown at it.  Maybe the Icon DAC would be ideal for electrostatics.  

I also like have the option of digital input.

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #515 of 672
^ i see, since the new Icon Dac already support DSD i think they already use a new Dac chip (i hope a better)
for the amp as per spec :
Icon Dac : 249 mW @ 300 ohm
HDP : 152mW @ 300 Ohm

Im torn between udac-3 and Icon dac for my HD 600, so far i have the udac-1 and Edge amp.
i want to upgrade the dac for 24/96 support, but if the Icon Dac can really drive the HD 600 then i might buy it
thou im quite in doubt since the Icon Dac only have 6.5v external power im just thingking maybe its not really
that powerful for 300 ohm cans..

Aug 10, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #517 of 672
^ tried the icon dac and udac-3 yesterday but i cannot see the 24 or 32 bit on windows sound default format..
the amp of the icon dac is powerful @ 11 o-clock it makes the HD 600 shines!

Oct 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #518 of 672
After some thought and advice form friends, I am joining the HD 600 club.

I hope I'm going to appreciate them. They are delivered to a friend in USA, and won't arrive with me, in India, for a couple of weeks.

Currently listening to AT ADH900.

Oct 19, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #519 of 672
Hope im posting the the appropriate thread but came across a super deal on Sennheiser  HD-600 for $299.95 with free shipping.

http://www.adorama.com/SEHD600.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=cj_552179&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.552179

Not sure how long the sale is going for but thought it worth sharing.

Ill be getting my HD-600 in a few days and cant wait. Especially after the great reviews Ive read.

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #521 of 672
Ladies and Gentlemen, proud day!

They have arrived, not 5 minutes in; comfort and fit is superb!

More impressions to come....

Note: Anyone living down here in South Australia, Adelaide, Dennis White have the HD600's in stock for a fantastic price!

http://www.deniswhite.com.au/sennheiser-hd600-headphones-free-freight.html - They were so nice to me that they discounted the price even further down (without haggling!)
beerchug.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #522 of 672
  Hope im posting the the appropriate thread but came across a super deal on Sennheiser  HD-600 for $299.95 with free shipping.

http://www.adorama.com/SEHD600.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=cj_552179&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.552179

Not sure how long the sale is going for but thought it worth sharing.

Ill be getting my HD-600 in a few days and cant wait. Especially after the great reviews Ive read.

That is a good deal and I had seen it listed before. Adorama is actually pretty close to where I live. Thinking about just grabbing a pair, but I am still evaluating my loaner Oppo PM-2.  I don't need both and the jury is still out on the Oppo.

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #524 of 672
Mine should have landed on Indian soil now. Next couple of days... :) It would have been nice to get them for $100 less, of course. I just missed a deal too. Never mind!

Quote:
Join the club! Just get a decent amp with it. They love tubes!

They might, me, well not so much, although I do have one of those little Bravo things in a box somewhere. In a box due to major reliability issues and the fact that, here in the tropics, the last thing one wants is a room heater: even a small one.

I hope that they and I, both, will be happy with the ifi iCAN, currently feeding my ATH-AD900s

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #525 of 672
Just got mine about 6 weeks ago. I like 'em a lot. Good fit and good sound. The relatively forward upper mids (I'm coming from the DT990s) threw me at first. They sound better as I become acclimated to their audio signature and have become my go-to cans. I'm running these through a Pioneer VSX-1019AH receiver. I can't imagine them sounding much better. Does anyone have  insight as to whether the Pioneer is a good source, as opposed to a dedicated amp? I'm channeling the signal through a Macbook Pro / Apple TV for music. I watch movies with a PS3 via HDMI to the Pioneer as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back