The Sennheiser HD-600 thread
May 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #496 of 672
@tdockweiler
Thanks for the great review :) I also find the bass to be surprisingly good and a lot better than I'd expected. I thought I might have had to get some bassier phones to complement the HD600s but I don't think I'll bother. I'll save the money and buy some new music instead.

May 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #497 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not trying to pawn the HD600's as i'm a massive fan, and to be fair the HD600's do pawn the HD800's in terms of dollar/output ratio.

My HD600s cost me a tenth of the price of a pair of HD800s.
tongue.gif

Must try out a pair of HD800s someday.

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #498 of 672
I'm having trouble deciding between the HD600 or SR325is.

I mostly listen to Rock and Rap and I hear Grados are great at these genres....would they be better then the HD600?

I'm going to be using these headphones with the magni/modi combo

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #499 of 672
  I'm having trouble deciding between the HD600 or SR325is.

I mostly listen to Rock and Rap and I hear Grados are great at these genres....would they be better then the HD600?

I'm going to be using these headphones with the magni/modi combo

With the Magni+Modi the HD-600 would be a better choice.
I would be nuts to suggest the Magni with a SR-325is. Way too bright IMO and it's not the Modi.

HD-600 is pretty close to neutral, so I hope you don't need extra bass
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #500 of 672

With the Magni+Modi the HD-600 would be a better choice.
I would be nuts to suggest the Magni with a SR-325is. Way too bright IMO and it's not the Modi.

HD-600 is pretty close to neutral, so I hope you don't need extra bass
biggrin.gif

What if i decide to get the Audio-GD NFB-15.32 instead of the magni/modi combo?

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #504 of 672
  I definitely recommend looking into the audio gd NFB-10ES2 with balanced cables instead. Definitely give you better soundstaging, and detail. 

Not sure about that option myself. The Grado would be receiving some 5-6 watts of power from that amp. Couldn't that fry them? The grados are never going to be the choice for soundstaging.

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #505 of 672
I haven't seen the HD600s in person; only photographs. Some of the photos seem to indicate that the housing is gray faux "granite" and the pads are either gray or black. Other photos appear to show the "granite" surface as being more blue and the pads a brown color. Do the colors actually vary on these 'phones? From what I can see, the difference doesn't seem to be a matter of simply different lighting or white balance of the camera, but I could be wrong. I'm really interested in ordering these (as an alternative to my DT990s). Thanks in advance.

Jul 26, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #506 of 672
  I haven't seen the HD600s in person; only photographs. Some of the photos seem to indicate that the housing is gray faux "granite" and the pads are either gray or black. Other photos appear to show the "granite" surface as being more blue and the pads a brown color. Do the colors actually vary on these 'phones? From what I can see, the difference doesn't seem to be a matter of simply different lighting or white balance of the camera, but I could be wrong. I'm really interested in ordering these (as an alternative to my DT990s). Thanks in advance.

I'm not aware of there being variations in the paint.  Mine were grey/black marble.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #507 of 672
Thinking of purchasing my entry level system. I listen to many different genres but mostly rock and Hiphop music. What Amp and DAC would you recommend for the HD 600? I would not like the AMP and DAC combination to cost more than the headphones itself. Is that possible or will it bottleneck the performance of the headphone? Thanks!

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #508 of 672
  Thinking of purchasing my entry level system. I listen to many different genres but mostly rock and Hiphop music. What Amp and DAC would you recommend for the HD 600? I would not like the AMP and DAC combination to cost more than the headphones itself. Is that possible or will it bottleneck the performance of the headphone? Thanks!

NuForce HDP will make the HD600 sound a bit more exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back