The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Dec 19, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #481 of 1,909

Expensive because their connectors would be forged in the core of a star, by elves, just like Thor's hammer.

actually, Sindri & Brokkr, the forgers of thor's hammer, are DWARVES. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #482 of 1,909
Got my tracking info for the modi/magni ubers

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #484 of 1,909
  actually, Sindri & Brokkr, the forgers of thor's hammer, are DWARVES. 

OK, but they are little people. Hey, I though I saw those guys on the UPS truck with a load of Schiit. Maybe they've got something for mtf612.

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #485 of 1,909
  OK, but they are little people. Hey, I though I saw those guys on the UPS truck with a load of Schiit. Maybe they've got something for mtf612.

triportsad.gif

Sent schiit an email an hour ago, no reply. Gonna just give up all hope. Guess I'll go look outside and see if any dwarves/elves/hobbits have my package. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #486 of 1,909

triportsad.gif

Sent schiit an email an hour ago, no reply. Gonna just give up all hope. Guess I'll go look outside and see if any dwarves/elves/hobbits have my package. 

Yep, I hate waiting too. But you'll get your Schiit.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #487 of 1,909
while the magni tube is more geared for the audiophile crowd, the astros mixamp already has an amplifier and you will not require another amplifier. there is no need to have a single pair of headphones plugged into two amplifiers. every amplifier may have their own coloration, so i would choose to use only one amp to use for the cleanest signal.

From what I have gathered on head-fi, specifically in the Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming thread, the AKG K7XX would really benefit from an additional amp alongside the Astro Mixamp. The mixamp would be passable with the K7XX alone, but if a mic is used the recommendation is to add a separate amp. The mixamp, which has a DAC, would be important for Dolby Headphone and game/chat volume mixing. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #488 of 1,909
  From what I have gathered on head-fi, specifically in the Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming thread, the AKG K7XX would really benefit from an additional amp alongside the Astro Mixamp. The mixamp would be passable with the K7XX alone, but if a mic is used the recommendation is to add a separate amp. The mixamp, which has a DAC, would be important for Dolby Headphone and game/chat volume mixing. 

yea, if you are passing through & skipping the amp in the mixamp, adding another amp to the chain is fine. note that amps are amps. the differences between them aren't as significant as people suggest as long as you have a quality product & they provide enough power to your headphones.

the mixamp is designed for the pro gaming crowd though, so perhaps you will see significant sonic improvements with a more audiophile-geared amp. or maybe not. =S

Dec 20, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #489 of 1,909
I hope Schiit will make something like a cheaper Bifrost, maybe half the height, but similar dimensions, and make it non-upgradeable and without a switch and USB included and without SPDIF coaxial or optical. Will anything like that happen one day Jason?

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #492 of 1,909
the Uber of the M/M2 stack are aluminum

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #494 of 1,909
Hey all, quick question re: the Magni Uber and controlling the volume on powered monitors. According to Schiit's product description, "the Magni Uber has preamp outputs for powered desktop monitors."  Does this mean that one can control the volume on powered monitors (like my JBL LSR 305s) with the Magni Uber's volume control knob?  Apologies if this is obvious to everyone but me, I'm kind of new to this world.  Thanks in advance!

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #495 of 1,909
  Hey all, quick question re: the Magni Uber and controlling the volume on powered monitors. According to Schiit's product description, "the Magni Uber has preamp outputs for powered desktop monitors."  Does this mean that one can control the volume on powered monitors (like my JBL LSR 305s) with the Magni Uber's volume control knob?  Apologies if this is obvious to everyone but me, I'm kind of new to this world.  Thanks in advance!

yes you can control the volume of powered speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back