The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Dec 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #469 of 1,909
  I bought both of those adapters anyway for the price...and ordered both ÜBERS!!! Horaayyy for shiny schitt!

Make sure to let us know how they sound with the JVC HA-SZ2000!
normal_smile .gif
Although I'm getting the Focal Spirit Professional for accuracy, I may add the JVC to the collection for when I want really strong bass, especially for electronic music.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #471 of 1,909

Make sure to let us know how they sound with the JVC HA-SZ2000!
normal_smile%20.gif
Although I'm getting the Focal Spirit Professional for accuracy, I may add the JVC to the collection for when I want really strong bass, especially for electronic music.

Yea i'll be sure to let you guys know. Good thing this is all word based because I probably won't be able to hear once I get them lol.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #472 of 1,909
  Schiit covered in Gold Leaf. Must be a special order.

Haha, imagine the marketing!

---"This Schiit is gold"

Maybe if they're around in 50 years they can offer that for their Golden Anniversary model. Unfortunately, I plan on being dead in 50 years.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #475 of 1,909
  By then they'll be on UBER MODI # 88. 

If I live that long, I'll be as deaf as a post and won't be needing it. Schiit, this is getting me depressed, need some music, fast. This requires an Uber Bifrost, Asgard 2 and a pair of HE-500's. I think I hoard Schiit.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #476 of 1,909
  I am looking at the AudioQuest Forest and AudioQuest Evergreen personally.  I doubt I could tell a difference but for me there is something to be said about piece of mind.. But keep in mind what the weakest link in your chain is going to be.  Could be the source files/ components, could be power ( I am using a Furman power conditioner).  The only way to really know is buy different levels of components and go from there, most of us can't do that so that is why we ask.  Heck I may not have the right ears to hear the differences ;p. 

$40 for a usb cable is highway robbery. it is highly unlikely that usb cables would make a sonic difference as the way they work means the signal either gets there or doesn't. i would recommend that you not waste your money there.

for rca cables, there is debate, but no real scientific evidence that there is audible differences. for the wise audiophile, I recommend just getting inexpensive cables from monoprice & invest your money in other components in your chain.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #477 of 1,909
I'm considering the Magni 2 or Magni 2 Uber for the AKG K7XX and Astro Mixamp. I've been following the thread for info on the Magni 2 vs Magni 2 Uber and still am unsure which to get. With my setup what would be the differences in terms of sound? Which would you recommend?

while the magni tube is more geared for the audiophile crowd, the astros mixamp already has an amplifier and you will not require another amplifier. there is no need to have a single pair of headphones plugged into two amplifiers. every amplifier may have their own coloration, so i would choose to use only one amp to use for the cleanest signal.

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #480 of 1,909

Users who are viewing this thread

Back