The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Dec 17, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #92 of 774
Could someone maybe post some good photos of the X02? I would like to see the UI screens showing the oversized font and the low resolution album art.

I'm not able to get any good photos right now but don't have to high hopes of the UI on a $20 device :wink:

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #94 of 774
Why cant they just make something without that ugly screen. Simple box with next prev vol+ vol- buttons and call it a day. 

Because I'd never buy anything without a screen :wink:

Navigating 68 GB of music without a screen is beyond my patience....

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #96 of 774
Ok, after 3 hours of listening, I can say that the Clip Zip (and Clip +) is better. Sansa has more details and a wider soundstage. X-02 has recessed mids, big roll off on highs and smaller on bass. Ruizu is more aggressive in playing, so it can be pleasing as you don't require too much.
You can use the equalizer. Don't expect miracles but it can improve the sound.
Suitable for a warm and bassy headphones.

Generally, there isn't better players chasing. But also there is no tragedy. You can give these $ 20 for 8GB if you want something for a longer trip and great sound quality is not necessary.

Navigating through folders in my X-02 is working properly. But he has problems with tags - don't read them from some flac files.

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #97 of 774
Good luck navigating 68gb with that screen as well. 

I've had no problems so far :wink:

Ok, after 3 hours of listening, I can say that the Clip Zip (and Clip +) is better. Sansa has more details and a wider soundstage. X-02 has recessed mids, big roll off on highs and smaller on bass. Ruizu is more aggressive in playing, so it can be pleasing as you don't require too much.
You can use the equalizer. Don't expect miracles but it can improve the sound.
Suitable for a warm and bassy headphones.

Generally, there isn't better players chasing. But also there is no tragedy. You can give these $ 20 for 8GB if you want something for a longer trip and great sound quality is not necessary.

Navigating through folders in my X-02 is working properly. But he has problems with tags - don't read them from some flac files.

Different flavour I'd guess. I really don't care much for the lifeless sound from the Clip+ and prefer the X02, YMMV.

I do agree that it most suitable for warm and bassy headphones and for me that a plus since the X3 is the opposite.

Also talking about screens the Clip+ is just to small for me.

Btw did you try it with any amp? I found the X02/NX1 combo very nice, offers a much fuller sound than X02 alone.

Edit: I do agree though that this is not exactly a X3 killer but for the money and the right situations as you say I find it to fill a purpose.

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #98 of 774
Yes, I tried X02 with iFi iCan Nano.
It is better, especially in the mids, but still a big roll off on the highs will not let me listen Ruizu for to long.
And X02 price together with an amplifier, it's level of Fiio X1 or Sony E585. And when it comes to quality the choice seems obvious - Ruizu has no chance.

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #99 of 774
  Yes, I tried X02 with iFi iCan Nano.
It is better, especially in the mids, but still a big roll off on the highs will not let me listen Ruizu for to long.
And X02 price together with an amplifier, it's level of Fiio X1 or Sony E585. And when it comes to quality the choice seems obvious - Ruizu has no chance.

Hm, I'm curious as I'm new to using audio gears myself. If you're using a source with an Amp+DAC combo, does the source's chip still do work other than the UI and retrieving data or it's all re-routed through the Amp+Dac?

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #101 of 774
Lumia 720 and iPad 2 just destroys X-02. But they are warmer then X-02 so as you prefer something else in sound, then you can try Ruizu.

Quote:
  Hm, I'm curious as I'm new to using audio gears myself. If you're using a source with an Amp+DAC combo, does the source's chip still do work other than the UI and retrieving data or it's all re-routed through the Amp+Dac?

If you have a combo AMP + DAC connected by OTG with your DAP then his audio chip doesn't matter.
But if you have only AMP or DAP doesn't support OTG, then audio chip in your DAP is important.

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #103 of 774
HI everybody, i received the x02,
but face some problems
Cannot acces to iconic menu...as far as i put it on it goes directly to play 1st track (chinese song) from internal memmory, and do not read my 32gb micro sd.
When i press menu, i have acces to the music menu only...
Any "reset" to do...???
thanks for help, as i can't read their chinese manual...

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #104 of 774
but face some problems
Cannot acces to iconic menu...as far as i put it on it goes directly to play 1st track (chinese song) from internal memmory, and do not read my 32gb micro sd.
Any "reset" to do...???

I've not encountered your issue but you could:

a) Set in the main menu and then factory reset.

b)On the back of the player there's a small hole that I'm pretty sure is a reset button, try pushing it with a needle or similar.

Good luck :wink:

Dec 22, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #105 of 774
but face some problems
Any "reset" to do...???

Pres "VOL" to go back/up a menu screen. You should get to the icon screen by pressing it a few times. "M" (possibly for Menu) is kind of only for the "now playing" screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back