The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Dec 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #106 of 774
b)On the back of the player there's a small hole that I'm pretty sure is a reset button, try pushing it with a needle or similar.

It's microphone, don't push it with anything.

It you want to move to iconic menu, press Vol (just click, don't hold), again and again.

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #107 of 774
Pres "VOL" to go back/up a menu screen. You should get to the icon screen by pressing it a few times. "M" (possibly for Menu) is kind of only for the "now playing" screen.

I took for granted when reading his post for the first time that he wasn't able to access the icon menu by pushing the buttons. Rereading the post I see that I might have misunderstood.

It's microphone, don't push it with anything.

It you want to move to iconic menu, press Vol (just click, don't hold), again and again.

Thanks for correcting me.

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #108 of 774
Hi guys, I've got a problem with my ruizu x02, could you please help me? My player doesn't read everything from my micro sd card (ADATA, 64gb). On computer I copy files into sd card and when want to play them in ruizu, I can't find them all. What should I do? Thanks for your help.

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #109 of 774
  Hi guys, I've got a problem with my ruizu x02, could you please help me? My player doesn't read everything from my micro sd card (ADATA, 64gb). On computer I copy files into sd card and when want to play them in ruizu, I can't find them all. What should I do? Thanks for your help.

I would suggest you download this tool and test if the card is  64Gb for real. 

http://goo.gl/FFcVgo

It will take forever but you will know if its real 64 gb at least.

Dec 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #112 of 774
Tank you soundstige for your help...
Of course it works well when i push "vol" many time to come back to icons menu...thanks again
Then for the micro sd...i see that it's not mixed with internal memory...you have to go to "file" menu on icon and find it seperate from internal memory as well...
What a ******** UI..and to speak about sound...any sansa clip+ sound better (even my cube 30 sound better)....i do not use EQ.

As far as i could see...my ONN Q9, is exactly the same dap as the X02....just rebranded.
Well....anybody try the X06....it has bluetooth...(i don't care about)....but is it better than XO2 and Q9..???

Realy my d-jix M550 (kogan / ritmix)....is a dap playing in a far better range ....
( not to speak about my others dap : dx50, cowon j3, ihifi 760 and 960...but not the same price of course).

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #113 of 774
With Ruizu EQ saves the day :wink:

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #114 of 774
Mine arrived yesterday.  I listened for an hour or so last night, and maybe another hour now.  My initial impressions are surprisingly good. 

The first thing I noticed is that the soundstage is much wider than expected.  Very good, in fact.  Comparing it to the Hidizs AP100, which I've also been playing around with for the past couple of days, the AP100's soundstage is only slightly wider.  As Peter stated in his impressions earlier in this thread, there are some issues at both frequency extremes.  Bass is there, but lacks impact - certainly better than the Kogan, but not great either.  Last night, I found that the treble could get very harsh - almost painfully harsh on some recordings.  Now, with about 15 hours total playtime on it, I'm not experiencing as much of the harsh treble (burnin?).  It is rolled off a bit at the high end, but not as much as I expected given the other comments here.  At this point, it's hard to say exactly what's going on with the treble, but my initial impressions often change over time.  It seems to perform noticeably better on very, very well mastered recordings.  Last night I was listening to a Japanese audiophile mastering of the first Blackmore's Rainbow album and it sounded stunning.  Not sure what that means.  Maybe it's just brutally ultra-revealing?  Not sure if "burn in" could be a major issue with something like this, but I'll probably leave the X02 playing for several days to see if anything else changes. 

The UI was a bit of a nightmare at first, but I've actually gotten very used to already after just a couple of hours of use!  The volume buttons aren't as much of an issue as you might expect.  You hold the VOL button down for a long press, and then a volume meter shows up.  You can then use the Left/Right arrow buttons to control the volume.  What is a bit frustrating at first is the fact that you have to use ONLY the Left/Right arrow buttons to scroll through the menus.  What makes it frustrating is that all of the menus are organized as Up and Down lists.  Even the volume meter moves Up and Down  Your brain subconsciously wants you to press the Up/Down buttons to scroll through the menus, so you will often inadvertently press them by mistake.  As I said, you do get used to it in time.  After just two hours of use, I'm surprised at how intuitive it's become for me.  It's actually easier to control than the maddeningly counter-intuitive FiiO X3. I never got used to the X3's absurd diagonal control button layout. 

The X02 can build a database/library based on tags, but when I did that, it completely ignored 2/3 of my files (and my tags are flawless - and I use only the artist/album/year/track/track number tags).  Also, when playing by category, for some weird reason it puts all the tracks in alphabetical order, ignoring the track numbers. 

The way to use the X02 is the way I use all DAPs anyway, and that's through the File Browser.  With the File Browser, the tracks do play in proper numerical order as well (perhaps because all of my tracks are tagged with track numbers?).  In general, File Browser navigation is actually very much like the Kogan.  I noticed that within the File Browser itself, my album folders are not exactly listed in alphabetical order.  In that mode, think it does read the card in the order the files were written. So if I add a few new albums folders today, they will appear at the bottom of the list.  Using software like "Copy in Order" would probably resolve this.  The Kogan reads cards exactly the same way too. 

The UI is nowhere near as primitive as you might expect.  I was surprised at how incredibly fast the response time is.  When you press one of the control buttons, there's a reassuring click and instant response from the UI.  There are even proper even fast-cue and fast-review functions when you hold down the Left/Right buttons when a song is playing.  Even the Hidizs doesn't have that basic feature.  Technically, the X02 does not support gapless FLAC playback, but the gaps between the tracks are actually very short. Just a brief instant.  The AP100, by comparison, pauses for nearly two seconds between tracks (but Hidizs has promised gapless support in the next firmware, due Jan 2015).  The X02's onscreen graphics are logically laid out, easy to read and really refined looking, which was another big surprise to me. 

Battery life appears excellent.  I'm guessing 30 hours or so (mine's been running for about 15 hours total, and the battery meter shows about half power), but I seriously doubt the 80 hours advertised is realistic. 

I don't understand the negative comments about the display.  It's low resolution, but it's fine.  The album art is a bit blocky, but who cares?  The font is big, but easily legible, which is what really matters.  Brightness seems more than adequate, and it is adjustable too. 

The overall build quality, form factor, and design of the X02 are among its best assets.  The unit is very small and thin.  It's plastic with a thin rubberized coating all over it.  It feels great in the hand, is likely very resistant to drops, and looks quite elegant.  As I said, the control buttons are very responsive and have a nice feel to them when clicked.  The finish of the housing is flawless. Even the small print on the back of the player is sharp and clear. 

Although the X02's audio performance is surprisingly good - better than anyone would expect, the most impressive thing about it is the fact that it costs $16. That is, $16 shipped to your doorstep all the way from China!  That's less than half the price of a Clip+.  Sure, it doesn't sound as good as the Clip, and it doesn't support the finest UI ever conceived (Rockbox) like the Clip does, but it does look a whole lot nicer thean the Clip, has a bigger display, and that "exotic" factor we all secretly love.  Oh, and did I mention it costs $16?  

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #116 of 774
@jj69 Even though I don't plan to buy one, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your impression. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #118 of 774
Not sure if the X10 is necessarily an "upgrade."  Judging from the specs, not much seems to be different.  It almost certainly uses the same SoC, UI, and display.  It does have an extra button, which could be useful, and what appears to be four-way control buttons: up/down/left/right - also good, but it's also thicker and uglier than the X02. 

If the price is in the same ballpark and a respected dealer that ships to the US offers it, I'll probably pick one up.  So far I don't see it listed on the Gearbest site.

BTW, the Onn Q9 is definitely not a rebranded X02, nor is the Teclast X30SE, or the Newman.  They probably all use the same SoC chip, display, and other internal components, but the housing and control buttons are completely different.  The Onn uses those annoying touch sensitive buttons.  Also, the UI is not necessarily the same.  The Onn appears to uses a different one.  The Teclast may use the same one as the X02.  It's hard to tell just from photos. 

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #119 of 774
  Let us know friend. If its fake let us know where you bought it as well. 

Well, I tested the card and it is not legit, actually it already don't work. I don't know where it was bought because it has been given to me as a gift. But I will ask a friend, where he bought ti (probably website like aliexpress or something similar) and I will let you know guys.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #120 of 774
can somebody help me..

i just got my ruizu x02 last month...today when i turn it on and when i push music it says DISK ERROR! its also happen when i choose image,folder,etc. i already format my ruizu but the DISK ERROR! still happen..

help please...

thx...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back