The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Feb 16, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #767 of 774
You don't have to if... If you trim the old battery like that (different length). then connect the new one by just twisting the wires and cover each with tape to prevent shortage.
x02.jpg

Feb 16, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #769 of 774
If you use a bit of flux, it would be very easy for a novice solderer to flush a bit of solder over a twisted pair of wires like that, before wrapping some tape over them, separately of course. Heat wouldn't be an issue then, even if it would have been without the solder, but that's doubtful too.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #771 of 774
Yeah grabbed some flac files and copied them over to both the internal storage and the card's storage and only had the hiss from the files on the card. I can hear it when at low volumes and when changing tracks.
Just here to say this issue is present in my unit too. There's no interference noise when listening from the internal storage, but the same can't be said when listening from the SD card. It's only noticeable when listening in levels 1-3 of volume, but as I'm using an IEM I can't crank up the sound much more than that without becoming deaf. The issue is firmware independent, tested with the colorful firmware it came with (the one from aliexpress), the 1.7 AGPTEK, and the 1.0 (last) RUIZU.

A perk I found: although the 1.0 (last) RUIZU firmware can't sort the files in the proper album order (it always sort in alphabetical order), if you acess them through the File icon and not the Music icon, the files will be displayed in the first to last creation order (this happens in one of my folders, but in an other one it doesn't, I don't know the reason).

Other notes: The X02 is not gapless, and the gap is worse when using the SD card.

If there are RUIZU devs out there, the suggestions I'd make for a new firmware would be 1. Fixing the sorting order for albums 2. Changing the main color from green to blue (blue is more popular) or something neutral like white (also, offering an option to change the main color in the settings). 3. Replacing the gradient background with a solid color, probably black, or a dark blue, it probably should be a neutral, unsaturated and dark color. (this one is kind of personal, so the best thing would be to leave an option to change the background. The optimal scenario would be: the firmware has a standard background, but if the system finds a file named background.jpg with the right resolution in the root directory, the firmware replaces the background). 4. The selection color in the main menu should be the same as the main color. In the current firmware, the selection color in the main menu is yellow, while the selection color in folders and files is green. 5. Adding a brightness adjustment setting, as it has been added in the AGPTEK version of this player. 6. Holding the M button while in the "Now Playing" section could turn off backlight (but maintain music playing). This would be useful for people who read lyrics, because it's annoying having to press any button every time the screen goes black, and selecting the "Always On" backlight timer option would waste too much battery. 7. When a song has a lyric, it's album art is not displayed. What is displayed before the art is the standard picture for audio files. An improvement would be to show the album art until lyrics begin.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #772 of 774
I would like to post that I managed to brick my Ruizu X02. :disappointed:
My packaging looked like this: Previously posted Ruizu X02 packaging image.

I went ahead used the utility from here: new tool 2.06 version.rar and used the Agptek A02 firmware from here. Flashing wroute out and error and my Ruizu X02 never booted.
I tried to reinstall the old firmware from here: Ruizu X02, but no avail. Flashing writes out an error.

I tried "Production" and "Flash Erase" in all combinations. Flashing writes out an error an my Ruizu X02 never boots.
Just would like to mention this, maybe others will be more luckier...

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #773 of 774
To anyone who thinks they've bricked their device, I suspect you probably haven't.

But I suspect a capacitor somewhere needs to discharge completely which takes a surprising amount of time. If you leave your device for a few nights it will probably boot up again, or you can open it and blindly rake at components to hope to discharge it, lol.

You may also need to hold down the volume button while plugging it into your computer, but I'm not sure if that actually does anything or not.

I've done this at least twice when attempting (and failing both times) to update firmware. Got a FLASH_TYPE_ERROR(84) and the screen goes black and won't power on or wake up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back