The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Dec 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #61 of 774
  Hi everybody

My first post (and I think that's good) but the news are not good I'm afraid...

After much consideration, and reading the posts in this forum, I also ordered the Ruizi X02 player, from Ever...buying.
It took abou 3 weeks to arrive to Portugal but here is were the problem starts: it did not arrive. I recieved only a empty box (not even of the mp3 but of a Power bank, that I never ordered) so please take precaution with the above mentioned sales site...

Or maybe I was just unlucky. Just opened a case in the sales site and I'm waiting...

So, no good cheap mp3 player for next christmas

Ouch. Hope you get it sorted out. Glad I didn't get it off Everbuying. Is the address and everything correct though? Did you check for package tampering?

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #62 of 774
  Hi everybody

My first post (and I think that's good) but the news are not good I'm afraid...

After much consideration, and reading the posts in this forum, I also ordered the Ruizi X02 player, from Ever...buying.
It took abou 3 weeks to arrive to Portugal but here is were the problem starts: it did not arrive. I recieved only a empty box (not even of the mp3 but of a Power bank, that I never ordered) so please take precaution with the above mentioned sales site...

Or maybe I was just unlucky. Just opened a case in the sales site and I'm waiting...

So, no good cheap mp3 player for next christmas

Sorry to hear of your troubles :frowning2:. On the bright side, you didn't have to pay so much for the player!

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #64 of 774

I would definitely be all

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #68 of 774
Sorry for the delay on the review. I'm pretty busy at the moment and got one other review I must post before making this one. I'll probably be done this weekend.

I like this player enough to place an order for the X09 as well to use when working out
wink_face.gif

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #69 of 774
  Sorry for the delay on the review. I'm pretty busy at the moment and got one other review I must post before making this one. I'll probably be done this weekend.

I like this player enough to place an order for the X09 as well to use when working out
wink_face.gif

Heh, I'm sure the form factor would be great, though speaking of X09 while looking up Gearbest, I stumbled across these, which are essentially the same shell. Not much info regarding their Chip though.

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #70 of 774
  Heh, I'm sure the form factor would be great, though speaking of X09 while looking up Gearbest, I stumbled across these, which are essentially the same shell. Not much info regarding their Chip though.

Yeah, the X09's clip function is what I want for working out while the X02 is much better when travelling.

If the ones at Gearbeast does indeed use the same chip it's a great price. The X09 seem to use the same chip as the X02..........

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #71 of 774
  Yeah, the X09's clip function is what I want for working out while the X02 is much better when travelling.

If the ones at Gearbeast does indeed use the same chip it's a great price. The X09 seem to use the same chip as the X02..........

Yeah, you also get a bunch of $5 discount code upon registering an account with Gearbest. Unfortunately I think they might be using different chip for the one at Gearbest since it's undisclosed and the format support is narrower. Stick with the buyer you trust ^_^ I've yet to receive my X02 yet, though hopefully by next Monday. 

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #72 of 774
  Yeah, you also get a bunch of $5 discount code upon registering an account with Gearbest. Unfortunately I think they might be using different chip for the one at Gearbest since it's undisclosed and the format support is narrower. Stick with the buyer you trust ^_^ I've yet to receive my X02 yet, though hopefully by next Monday. 

Yeah, I've already ordered mine :wink: 

Regarding the format support I find that it varies a lot between different listings (for both X02 and X09) so I'm not sure how reliable it is.

I'm really looking forward to your impressions of the X02.

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #73 of 774
  Yeah, I've already ordered mine :wink: 

Regarding the format support I find that it varies a lot between different listings (for both X02 and X09) so I'm not sure how reliable it is.

I'm really looking forward to your impressions of the X02.

I'm looking forward to it too, though I can only review it as is since I do not have much of anything else to compare it with. Tried to get the Kogan but they're all sold out :p

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #74 of 774
I just realized that this thread is already five pages long and no one has even posted basic impressions of the X02's sound.  Can someone post some brief comments? 

Does it have rolled-off bass like the Kogan player?  Does it reveal much detail?  Is it a neutral sounding DAP, or is it a more V-shaped sound? 

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #75 of 774
Well, I just got my X02 yesterday. Pretty impressed overall, especially for the price.

The biggest takeaway is that the battery life is ridiculous. I've had it going since I got it, at 3PM yesterday, playing non-stop, and it's still got 30% battery life left. That works out to somewhere around 40 hours or more of total battery life. Even my Sansa Clip was lucky if it could get 15 hours and that was the 'battery king' of yesteryear.

Another thing to note is that it gets extremely, extremely loud. Instant ear damage loud. The volume bar goes up to 30 and I found most headphones and IEMs to be ear-splittingly painful after 15. Normal listening volume is around 6-10. PLEASE, PLEASE check the volume and make sure it's below 15 BEFORE PLUGGING ANYTHING IN. I'm serious.

The overall sound quality is quite good. There is some lack of spaciousness, and some roll off on the extreme ends of the spectrum. No hiss at all with the few headphones, IEMs, and speakers I've used. Detail is good but you can tell there's some missing microdetail when compared to a more refined source... not really surprising at all. Definitely not what I'd call "poor" sound. Great for the price.

The X02 actually feels great, really solid with a nice textured silicone skin. The buttons click nicely and everything has nice tolerances and works, mechanically, great.

Now, for the less than great parts: the screen quality approaches terrible. Very low resolution and the font for the player is large and unchangeable (as far as I can tell). You can only read one or two words of a song at a time. Really cramped and hard to navigate through.

Also, no ID3 support that I can see. Which also means, no proper sorting -- yet there are sections to view by artist, album, etc., but they don't work reliably for me. Perhaps it uses a tagging system I'm not familiar with? It also doesn't list tracks in order, like it will go 03, 11, 04, 01, 08, etc.

And the navigation choices for the buttons are very strange. It must be a cultural thing because I've seen it before on other Chinese players, but it makes little sense to me. Up does nothing most of the time. Down backs out of a screen (usually). Left and Right are what actually cycle up and down through a list -- unless you're on the main screen (of course! lol...) then all four directions work as one would imagine. Very quirky, but at least all the buttons respond well.

A super purchase for the money. I wanted a "disposable" MP3 player with super long battery life so that I can keep it in the car. That's exactly what I got. The battery life on the X02 is otherworldly. I also think it wouldn't have any problem powering 300 ohm or maybe even 600 ohm headphones, due to the ridiculous volume capability, though of course the quality and battery life will suffer compared to a more expensive solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back