The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Mar 11, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #241 of 774
  I just picked the second X02, I bought for my dad from Gearbest.
It came with no ear-buds, Aliexpress's one was with.
firmware is the same.

I don't see any advantage of Gearbest over Aliexpress

I had my X02 (from Aliexpress) with ear-bugs but they were so crappy that I threw them away immediately (and I am not a fussy listener).

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #242 of 774
X02 and X10 have an amazing battery life. Nothing compares with them (apart from very high end players) if this parameter is important to you. I have two Sansas and they hardly survive a day of listening to audiobooks. The X02 lasts a week. 
The FM radio of Ruizu is crappy, the UI is awkward, the shielding is crappy (if you keep it in the same pocket with your cell phone it will make noises, which doesn't happen with Sansas), the sound is reasonable and for audiobooks I use it for is more than needed. In short - very good overall value for money and outstanding battery life - all the rest is mediocre.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #243 of 774
Just got one yesterday, and wondering how on earth do you create custom playlists? I'm only seeing 3 types of playlists, which is: Playlist on the go 1, Playlist on the go 2, and Playlist on the go 3. And when putting music on to the sd card, the player wont show up any files when going to "all songs" unless you go to the card folder.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #247 of 774
 I received my brand new X06 yesterday, every thing in the menu is in Chinese( I assume) and I cannot read the manual as the fonts are too small.
Can I download a manual somewhere?
How to get the English menu ?
Thank you

May 1, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #250 of 774
  X02 and X10 have an amazing battery life. Nothing compares with them (apart from very high end players) if this parameter is important to you. I have two Sansas and they hardly survive a day of listening to audiobooks. The X02 lasts a week. 
The FM radio of Ruizu is crappy, the UI is awkward, the shielding is crappy (if you keep it in the same pocket with your cell phone it will make noises, which doesn't happen with Sansas), the sound is reasonable and for audiobooks I use it for is more than needed. In short - very good overall value for money and outstanding battery life - all the rest is mediocre.

Have to agree with you. Not gonna sugar coat this but after spending a good 4 months with it as well as finally upgrading my phone and sources to something better I'll still maintain that it has good overall value, battery reminiscent of phones of the Nokia 3310 era and super compact. Nothing much else to write home about.

May 6, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #251 of 774
Got an X02 from Ali. Looks like an original, comes with Ruizu headphones (crappy).
Frankly speaking I was disappointed. On each of many headphones the sound is fatiguing and unmusical. There is distortion in the highs. The better the source file the noticeabler the defects. Half decent on 320kbs MP3, lossless is just plain mediocre. Battery life is only about 12 hours uninterrupted use at SPL levels below average. My Moto G has warmer and livelier sound much preferrable over this featherweight player.
I am an old-fashioned guy with an ancient concept of dedicated devices so I don't use my phone for music. I have a serious hi-fi system. I have an old Samsung YP-U2R (MP3 only and 2Gb) and it sounds better then this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back