The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Feb 3, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #212 of 774
i can confirm this does not play APE (44.1k, 16bit, vbr) nor AAC but Ogg works fine

viewing pictures and amv video is noticeably blocky. not as good as my 2" rockchip player from 7+ years ago.

but overall, still highly recommended.

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #213 of 774
Thats a giant pity! Just read somewhere that it actually does play .ape, but if you tried I believe you.
A bit less good sq is somehing I can live with though! My whole cd collection is ape, so I guess no Ruizu for me.

Feb 4, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #214 of 774
hopefully, someone else can corroborate. the album i tried is pretty old so perhaps the ape specifications have changed.
within the player's tools/setup section, ape does show on the list of supported formats but i get unsupported file format message for each song in the album i tried.

as far as sound goes, i did a comparison with a rockboxed sansa c250 using the same flash card in each.
rockbox just sounds better and runs smoother. i noticed some lag on the Ruizu when playing flac off the flash card and trying to navigate the file browser.

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #216 of 774
I picked up a Ruizu X02 because I saw that it supports a 64gb card.  I loaded mine up with all my music and it would only play 4000 songs.  I found on here that that is the case.  I did see that if I play them off the card it shows all the songs but there is no shuffle mode.  Can anyone help me get shuffle mode for ALL my songs?  My old creative nomad was a great mp3 player but it is not good for the gym.  I need something that holds more than 40gb of music and I thought the Ruizu would.

Feb 7, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #217 of 774
So: could anyone try if APE lossless works?

And, I might get it wrong, but why is this player so great as the Sansa Clip is just few $ more expensive and better sounding? I understood that many didnt even like the Sansa that much even for the price and this one's only worse?

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #218 of 774
  So: could anyone try if APE lossless works?

And, I might get it wrong, but why is this player so great as the Sansa Clip is just few $ more expensive and better sounding? I understood that many didnt even like the Sansa that much even for the price and this one's only worse?

The Ruizu X02 cannot compete with the Clip.  It has nowhere near the feature set (especially since the Clips support Rockbox) and its sound quality is is not even close to the Clips. 

The Ruizu X10 gets closer to the Clip in sound quality, but without the features. 

My understanding is that in some countries, the Clips are not available at all, or are so expensive to import that they end up costing $80 rather than the $30 we're used to paying in the US.  That is the primary reason people are exploring them as another option. 

Feb 7, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #219 of 774
jj69.....yes Clip Zip cost about $80 here in this part of woods ...so its more logical to pay extra 20$ to get Fiio X1 for more feature and better quality DAP or get something like RUIZU for lack of choice and its cheap price for a FLAC player ..cheers

Feb 7, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #220 of 774
@jj69.....yes Clip Zip cost about $80 here in this part of woods ...so its more logical to pay extra 20$ to get Fiio X1 for more feature and better quality DAP or get something like RUIZU for lack of choice and its cheap price for a FLAC player ..cheers

Well, that's a matter of personal preference.  If I had to choose between Clip+ (even at $80) or FiiO X1, I would take the Clip+ in a heartbeat. 

Feb 7, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #221 of 774
Well, that's a matter of personal preference.  If I had to choose between Clip+ (even at $80) or FiiO X1, I would take the Clip+ in a heartbeat. 

Yes its a matter of preference ....but for $80 ....me wouldnt get Clip+ ( btw do have Zip Clip RB) ....but for another additional 20$ ..there is a few good option like Colorfly C3 , Xuelin 770c or even the new Xduoo X2 which is going for 50$ ......Imho me would give the Clip for its portability,sound wise and performance with RB for 30$ yeah....but like you said even at 80$ in a heartbeat .....me would disagree respectfully ...cheers

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #222 of 774

Audiobooks. For music Ruizu it's a waste of money.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #223 of 774
I just picked the second X02, I bought for my dad from Gearbest.
It came with no ear-buds, Aliexpress's one was with.
firmware is the same.

I don't see any advantage of Gearbest over Aliexpress

Feb 9, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #224 of 774
How does the X10 @ $20 compare to both X02 @ $ 17 and Sansas? My Sansa died on me and Im willing to lose a tiny bit of SQ. Hope the portability is OK though as the Sansa's really tiny and I love that.
Then another Q comes to mind: how do the Ruizus compare to higher end smartphones from now? Like HTC One, Sony Xperia T or Z etc.

Most important for me is if anyone is willing to try if the Ruizu plays .APE. No APE no Ruizu for me! :)

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #225 of 774
with promo code, 8gb version from Gearbest cost same as 4gb from Aliexpress.

did not receive earbuds from Gearbest as well but really not a big deal.

from youtube unboxing, the earbuds look like 79 cent throw-in's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back