The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Jan 24, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #181 of 774
Bit hard for me to ignore it mate, when you quote me and I get sent an email I need to open.

I was done here, said my piece and moved on, but if you seem to have had such a great experiences with them, why do I have a logged conversation with another member who went through exactly the same thing as me? You suggest that my case was a 'one off' I didn't follow the guides properly?  Since when do you need to follow up several things from an online store just to make sure your order placed and payment was received? I've never needed to do it with MisterTao and they're completely Chinese based.

Gearbest are either lazy or incompetent as you're reading about people having several problems with them in this thread

Just like my friend here below who is STILL waiting for his player and we ordered BEFORE Christmas. Now, I cannot show you the entire conversation as there's material in that msg which is private, the other users name has been withheld. But here's a snipped from that chat that's been ongoing for a month almost now.

Anyway, you guys protect them all you want or share "your experiences, I've better things to do than play tit for tat about a $17 player I ordered before Christmas 2014 and an lazy onliner store.

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #182 of 774
On another topic, my Ruizu X10 arrived yesterday.  As Gearbest does not carry it, I ordered from an Aliexpress dealer.  The $21 price was higher than the $16-$17 Gearbest charges for the 4GB X02, but it should be noted that the X10 is only available with 8GB.  It arrived after 21 days without issue.  The packaging is exactly the same as the X02 with a different sticker on the back containing the bar code and model number.  It included the same paper inserts as the X02 and the same USB cable, but adds a pair of Ruizu branded earbuds (which are surprisingly not bad). 

The X10 itself is a few mm larger than the X02 in all dimensions.  It does not have the X02's rubberized coating, which gives it a much cheaper, "plasticky" feeling.  The X10 obviously uses the same SoC, display, and UI as the X02 (and the related models from Onn, Teclast, and others).  The only major difference is the addition of an extra button, which results in separate buttons for "Menu" and "Play/Stop/Power."  One would think the extra button would make the UI easier and more intuitive to use, but one would be wrong.  I actually find it a bit more frustrating than using the X02, mostly due to the fact that the X10''s Menu button requires a long press to enter the main screen menu.  On the other hand, the new layout does allow the Up/Down buttons to be used exclusively for volume when in most screens.  This is probably better than the X02, which always requires a long press of the Menu button before volume controls are even active. 

To be honest, I prefer the X02 over the X10 in almost every way: size, appearance, form factor, fit and finish, button layout, ease of use.  That is, in every way but the one that really matters: sound quality.  I've only listened to the X10 for about an hour now, but it's already clear that some of the more glaring issues with the X02's performance have been addressed, most notably the recessed midrange.  It's still a bit recessed/laid back sounding, but not as obvious as the X02.  The frequency extremes are still a bit rolled off too, and it's kind of veiled sounding.  These are obviously very early impressions, but overall, the X10's performance seems to get much closer to the benchmark Sansa Clip than the X02 does. 

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #183 of 774
  Bit hard for me to ignore it mate, when you quote me and I get sent an email I need to open.

Not here to argue with you, H20.  I certainly didn't send you an email, or intend to upset you in any way.  In fact, I don't doubt anything you've said, or that you and others have had negative experiences with this retailer.  It happens to all of us.  And I'm certainly not here to "protect" anyone.  I think I made that abundantly clear? 

However, if you are inclined to discuss your experience further (and I get it if you aren't), I am curious about why you are so incredibly frustrated with the retailer. I understand that you didn't get an email confirmation or shipment notification, but isn't it possible that your server is bouncing their emails?  You stated in your initial post that you did not contact them to inquire about the status of your order.  Instead, you opened a claim in PayPal.  In response, your money was refunded within 24 hours.  I realize it was frustrating for you because you asked only for order status and not a refund, but can you really blame a retailer who is halfway around the world for providing you with a refund and an apology after you opened a PayPal claim?  Is there more to the story, or something I'm missing? 

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #184 of 774

Not here to argue with you, H20.  I certainly didn't send you an email, or intend to upset you in any way.  In fact, I don't doubt anything you've said, or that you and others have had negative experiences with this retailer.  It happens to all of us.  And I'm certainly not here to "protect" anyone.  I think I made that abundantly clear? 

However, if you are inclined to discuss your experience further (and I get it if you aren't), I am curious about why you are so incredibly frustrated with the retailer. I understand that you didn't get an email confirmation or shipment notification, but isn't it possible that your server is bouncing their emails?  You stated in your initial post that you did not contact them to inquire about the status of your order.  Instead, you opened a claim in PayPal.  In response, your money was refunded within 24 hours.  I realize it was frustrating for you because you asked only for order status and not a refund, but can you really blame a retailer who is halfway around the world for providing you with a refund and an apology after you opened a PayPal claim?  Is there more to the story, or something I'm missing? 

If anyone quotes me on Head-Fi the site sends me an email, directly.

About the situation, I wouldn't say I'm incredibly frustrated with Gearbest, actually quite the contrary, possibly more frustrated with the aftermath of people sharing their "problem free experiences" which basically try to counter attack my original post regardless whether they're intentionally trying to protect them or not. And it's not even because I feel hard done by. I've seen this before in the iBasso DX50 thread and others where whenever something negative was mentioned a flooding of positive cover up posts follow such as.....

"Ive had my unit for blah blah, never had this problem"

"This never happened to me"

"You must be unlucky, my unit hasn't done this once"

Along those lines, and to be honest it bugs me.  I couldn't really care about the player and would order again from another store if it was in my best interest. But you have to admit, look at the wall of text top of this page you went through just to place your order with Gearbest, pretty full on mate just to place a simple order for an MP3 player. So, this really has nothing to do with the site although I will happily try and steer people away due to the situation, Its easy to tell anyway, just by reading the amount of problems people are having with Gearbest. They're damaging themselves without me trying. 

You'd think anyones expereince when placing an order would be:

1) Went to the site found the item.
2) Checked out, made payment.
3) Received a shipping notification.

4) Item arrived and I lived happily ever after.

But instead, this is your experience with Gearbest:

Before ordering, I did a little background research on the company via Google, and found very little negative commentary.  I then read the seller's policy page. Although the policy page is a little confusing to read through, the policy does clearly state that the free shipping option does not provide you with a way to track the package.  Working tracking requires a $1.99 upgrade charge.  The policy page also explains that it takes several days before your order is even shipped out, and that actual delivery time (to the US) can exceed 30 days. 

With all of that in mind, I contacted the company through the "Live Chat" link at the top-right corner of the web site.  Given that they have a live chat option, I did not even consider contacting them by email, and I don't even see an email address on the web site.  In fact, I now see that they even have a US-based 24/7 live help telephone number!  Anyway, I doubt they even check whatever email address people are using, or whomever does may not speak English.  Through Live Chat I was able to reach a live CSR without much wait. His English was much better than average. Although he was obviously answering multiple live questions at the same time, he provided me with clear and helpful responses.  Based on the info he provided, I decided to pay the extra $1.99 for a working tracking number.  They also accept payment via PayPal, which I like because I then don't have to provide a China-based retailer with my credit card information.  Many China-based retailers that don't accept PayPal use third-party payment processors for credit card purchases, and they are very susceptible to fraud, hacking and other issues.  PayPal also makes getting a refund easier if there is a problem. 

It took about 5 days after I placed my order before it was actually shipped out and the tracking number showed up on the Singpost web site.  A couple of days later, once the parcel left Singapore, the tracking showed up on the USPS web site.  The X02 arrived exactly 21 days after I made payment.  It was packed in a simple bubble wrap lined envelope.  The X02 itself was in its full retail box with all accessories. 

This is not an unqualified endorsement for Gearbest, just my impression of a single order experience.  That said, I have no complaints about my experience with Gearbest.  Their price for the X02 is the lowest I can find on the internet, and with the coupon code, better than any of the Aliexpress sellers.  I was satisfied enough to place two additional orders, one for a $1.99 mp3 player and the other for another X02.  I did not even bother to pay for tracking for these orders.  As I said, I have a lot of experience with China-based retailers.  This is about as trouble-free one can expect for one of these transactions. 

redface.gif

I mean, come on mate, look at the people having issues with them.
I wouldn't have even bothered replying to my original comment, not unless you have some solid interest in the product, online store, or this thread staying alive. 

They do it to themselves without anyone trying to bring them down. 

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #185 of 774
About the situation, I wouldn't say I'm incredibly frustrated with Gearbest, actually quite the contrary, possibly more frustrated with the aftermath of people sharing their "problem free experiences" which basically try to counter attack my original post regardless whether they're intentionally trying to protect them or not.

Fair enough.  I get it.  Believe me, I do.  The last thing you want to hear when you're fed up with a retailer is how wonderful other people think they are. 

However, when you post an experience to a public forum, I think you have to expect that other people will report their own experience.  It's not necessarily an attack on you. 

From my perspective, my experience was just better than I typically expect from the average China-based retailer.  I've been through some very bad experiences over the years with merchants outside the electronics industry: credit card number being compromised; merchandise never even shipped with no refund offered, or even recovered through my CC company in one instance, or through PP in two other instances; counterfeit products received; and even one instance where a wholesaler I dealt with for years suddenly refused to deal with me ever again over my request for a refund on a very small item that was clearly defective.  The "language barrier" was at least a factor in many of those situations too.  But I get it.  In comparison, what may seem like a minor inconvenience to me may be a more frustrating issue to someone else. 

Jan 24, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #186 of 774
Well I'll just say this. Not everyone will have a positive experience buying stuff from anyone. I'm sure if you go to ebay and Amazon you'd find negative feedback as well. So I think lets leave this at that and people can decide for themselves if they'll trust Gearbest or not.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #187 of 774
OMG, you guys go crazy over nothing here (no insult) but thanks for all the information. Maybe I would be helpful to move the comments to e "Gearbest" thread, so that others find this useful information? I did not read everything about Gearbest that was posted here since yesterday but I issued a ticket and they replied very fast in understanable English. It turns out that the tracking number (shipment via Netherland Post) will only work once the package arrives in the Netherlands (which is right next to Germany). So, it will only work very shortly before it arrives at my house but anyways, I think its sill worth the 1,99 extra payment.
So, this "issuing a ticket" really works fine.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #188 of 774
  OMG, you guys go crazy over nothing here (no insult) but thanks for all the information. Maybe I would be helpful to move the comments to e "Gearbest" thread, so that others find this useful information? I did not read everything about Gearbest that was posted here since yesterday but I issued a ticket and they replied very fast in understanable English. It turns out that the tracking number (shipment via Netherland Post) will only work once the package arrives in the Netherlands (which is right next to Germany). So, it will only work very shortly before it arrives at my house but anyways, I think its sill worth the 1,99 extra payment.

That is good to hear. Hopefully you'll get your package with little further fuss other than the wait time.

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #189 of 774

good to hear that..

and sorry about some post in this thread if maybe make some insult in here.. but i think some people just want to share about their experience with some seller who sell this ruizu.. anyone can buy in aliekspress, ebay, gearbest, amazon, dx, and any site what they want to buy..

i think any story about this procces to get the ruizu it's stiill aceptable for all.. and like other one said.. it just about lucky here..

we all in here just try to help any other people who want to get this DAP..

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #191 of 774
It's very unfortunate that H2O had issues with his Gearbest order of X02, and I will try to ping them in order to resolve this issue (I have a few contacts in there who might be able to help me).  But regardless of that, I want to get back on track with discussion of X02 since I also got a chance to review it.  Actually, got both X02 and wireless X06, and found them to be quite impressive for the price of $21 (X02 - http://www.gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_110057.html) and $23 (X06 - http://www.gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_134761.html)

My full review is posted on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/accessories/review-ruizu-x06-bt-wireless-wired-x02-t3013079

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #193 of 774
It's very unfortunate that H2O had issues with his Gearbest order of X02, and I will try to ping them in order to resolve this issue (I have a few contacts in there who might be able to help me).  But regardless of that, I want to get back on track with discussion of X02 since I also got a chance to review it.  Actually, got both X02 and wireless X06, and found them to be quite impressive for the price of $21 (X02 - http://www.gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_110057.html) and $23 (X06 - http://www.gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_134761.html)

My full review is posted on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/accessories/review-ruizu-x06-bt-wireless-wired-x02-t3013079

how about battery in x6, is it has same power with x02??

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #194 of 774
  The review missed two important features.
Bookmarks and play speed. These are great tools for audio books/podcasts listening
You will not find them in a common ~20$ player.

Oh, I saw that option, just had no idea what is it about :wink:  Too many features!!!  I personally don't listen to audio books or podcast, but it sounds awesome this little player can support it!

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #195 of 774

how about battery in x6, is it has same power with x02??

Battery has similar capacity and still at full power, but obviously Bluetooth will drain it a bit faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back