The RSA Protector balanced portable: Images and impressions 1st page, Please post your impressions . .
Mar 12, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #376 of 837
well assuming the adapter is 1/3ft long, the cost of the cable is about $2, the 3.5mm plug about $5 depending on the brand, the protector female is about $3 to $10, depending if it needs a casing or not ( like the whiplash one) and maybe another $1 for heatshrink, sleeving, and whatnot. estimate shipping at $5, the total is about $20 give or take abit. pm me if you're interested.

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #377 of 837
I have my phones set up so I can run them balanced or with an adapter, single ended and it works great. The adapter is small, as a portable should be, but no sacrifice in sound.

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #378 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have my phones set up so I can run them balanced or with an adapter, single ended and it works great. The adapter is small, as a portable should be, but no sacrifice in sound.

yea, i agree with you on that, small but no sacrifice in sound. i haven't tried the mundorf wires before, but i hope that they are decent enough to achieve that.

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #380 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea, i agree with you on that, small but no sacrifice in sound. i haven't tried the mundorf wires before, but i hope that they are decent enough to achieve that.

I am using some special silver wire at 99.99995 purity for my adapters. I love this small stuff (balanced connectors) as you get great sound but no real bulk and still truly portable but with fabulous sound.

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #381 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using some special silver wire at 99.99995 purity for my adapters. I love this small stuff (balanced connectors) as you get great sound but no real bulk and still truly portable but with fabulous sound.

woah, 6N silver wires......

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #382 of 837
Hey guys,

For those using JH13s with their Protector, are you using the low or mid gain setting?

I gotta get me some balanced cables ASAP. ( :

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #383 of 837
I tend to use medium gain for everything. I have used high gain for the HD650's when I played them loud and there was still about half of the volume control unused. The low gain also works fine for the JH13's and on this or medium I get no hiss at all.

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #385 of 837
Thanks gents.

I have another question if you wouldn't mind. I contacted Whiplash Audio through the website about purchasing a balanced cable. I have not received a response. Should I contact someone from Whiplash directly?

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #386 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by tf1216 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks gents.

I have another question if you wouldn't mind. I contacted Whiplash Audio through the website about purchasing a balanced cable. I have not received a response. Should I contact someone from Whiplash directly?

I would guess that you sent them an email? How long ago did you contact Whiplash? I know they are getting many orders so I bet they are a little backed up. I don't remember if there is a phone number. Try another email with information requested for order in the subject line.

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #389 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by tf1216 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

For those using JH13s with their Protector, are you using the low or mid gain setting?

I gotta get me some balanced cables ASAP. ( :

Low gain with my uDAC and my iPod Touch. (Can't wait to try the amp with the Audio-GD DAC-19DSP
tongue_smile.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back