The Review Tour of FiiO Q1 Mark II Apple MFi Certified DAC & Amp Starts Right Now.
Sep 15, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #47 of 197
Sound Blaster E5. I need to check for updated drivers, but the latest firmware on the Creative website is many months old last I looked.
Problems occurred with iPhone 7 Plus, and it won't connect at all to the newer iPad Pro 12.9"
Edit to add: problem only occurs when using lightning to USB connection
I would like to ask, you want to say, other brands of the iOS DAC will be interrupted when the song is playing?
Which model is it?

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #48 of 197
Is the Q1 Mark II available for the US?

I emailed Fiio a bit back and it seems like they delivered them to their vendors around the 10th. They also mentioned to expect it on Amazon in the middle of this month.

Sep 15, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #49 of 197
I emailed Fiio a bit back and it seems like they delivered them to their vendors around the 10th. They also mentioned to expect it on Amazon in the middle of this month.

Thanks for the response. I might get this. Otherwise. I'll wait for the Q3.

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #50 of 197
Thanks for the response. I might get this. Otherwise. I'll wait for the Q3.

Yeah, I'm planning to get one so I could power some more demanding headphones on the go. Of course, I'm not expecting it to power demanding planars, but hey that'll be a huge plus if it can.

I also like the small form factor, so that I could slap it on the back of my LG V20 and still be able to press the power button on the back.

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #51 of 197
Yeah, I'm planning to get one so I could power some more demanding headphones on the go. Of course, I'm not expecting it to power demanding planars, but hey that'll be a huge plus if it can.

I also like the small form factor, so that I could slap it on the back of my LG V20 and still be able to press the power button on the back.

Q1 MarkII is more appropriate for IEM, Earbuds or 64ohm and less headphones (can be more dependingof sound pressure DB).

It's a very neutral sounding DAC, smooth and ultra clear. Big step up from stock phone sound, more deepness, soundstage and way better instrument separation. My only problem is my cheap OTG adaptor is prompt to unconnect easily.

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #52 of 197
The typeC interface to micro cables, the typeC plug looks the same, but there are actually two forms.
The pull-up resistor in the form of plugs for charging. That is the kind of mobile phone standard in the giftbox.
And the decoder OTG equipment need to use the pull-down resistor plug, which can prevent reverse charging. Micro plug the ID pin need to short with G pin.

QQ图片20170918093648.jpg

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #53 of 197
I am interested in purchasing this and am waiting for a final $US price.

How does the AK4452 compare to the ES9018Q2C used in the SMSL Idea and Nextdrive Spectra?

Is the limitation of DSD256 and PCM at 384khz down to the controller? SMSL have the M7 that does 768khz and DSD 512 not that there is any music sold at these resolutions, but HQplayer might work well.

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #55 of 197
That's odd, I swear I posted the AE store link. It's $120 USD available now

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32831894292.html
That's a good price. It is also less than what I just paid for the FiiO E18 - I paid $139 for it just a few weeks ago, price is already down to $119 on Amazon, though still more than the price for the Q1 Mark II on aliexpress. I expected the price of the Q1 to be a bit more, for some reason.

I realize that price does not necessarily correspond to quality, but given that the price point is basically same, is there any compelling reason to get the Q1 Mark II over of the E18? I also realize the Mark II is marketed for IOS and the E18 is marketed for Android, but it seems both amp/DACs have a good chance of being compatible with both types of operating systems, so.... Has anyone compared the two in terms of sound quality, features, etc.?

Holly

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #56 of 197
Sep 18, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #57 of 197
I thought the expected price was to be 99 USD which is mentioned on Fiio's facebook page.
alixexpress is not a USA company; that price includes shipping (by DHL??) from China. Presumably, USA vendors will be charging $99 - plus shipping; no one here is selling them as yet so who knows, but thus far FiiO has stuck to their announced prices.

Holly

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #58 of 197
The E18 is more powerful, the Q1M2 does about 70mw @ 32ohm SE and 220mw from Bal, the E18 does 300mw. The Q1 does of course have the balanced option and has other newer tech like DSD support.

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #59 of 197
If milliWatts is bread, then headfi man can not live on bread alone. Question should be are you content being a man? Me, not to be picky or anything, but other things matter, like blackness, output impedance, separation, and last but not least MFi. But I still may not have achieved headfi man qualification.

I'm a little surprised no one else is saying they received theirs tour unit or not.
Maybe social networking is going on behind the scenes, who knows.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #60 of 197
The E18 is more powerful, the Q1M2 does about 70mw @ 32ohm SE and 220mw from Bal, the E18 does 300mw. The Q1 does of course have the balanced option and has other newer tech like DSD support.
Thank you for this comparison, Lurk650. I like the design of the Mark II better but it would seem that it wouldn't be an upgrade for me. A bit less power, I don't have a balanced source, (I don't think my ears are good enough to tell whether or not there is a discernible difference between balanced and unbalanced anyway, though perhaps I would be surprised) and, at least thus far, I have no DSD audio files begging to be played. The FiiO E18 will do just fine for now.

Holly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back