The Review Tour of FiiO Q1 Mark II Apple MFi Certified DAC & Amp Starts Right Now.
Sep 5, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #31 of 197
unit arrived yesterday.

preliminary impressions with IT03 exclusivley are as it follows:

really light unit, wich is great for portability
absolute 0 noisefloor (compare to e12 and DFB, classic XMOS though)
welcomed plug and play with windows and android
SQ makes a better match with the IT03 than the DFB, almost identical presentation as the e12. i dont believe i would be able to differentiate them from each other in a blind test.
overall great performer.

looking forward for high gain test with headphones, balance mode with iems and DSD playback runs.

i think fiio has somethin here, hopefully ill be able to compare to 2gens X5s and X3s.

lXlhStWO7PkZX2vmkndxnBFE1OWyuMp-QFwyF96Tl1kJDG0KOJ9930tXY70Ne0QLD9YlvHAGYmgH7sXAjkhy4vURAEPtq3VajoP4OfBpMe1S7y6tudigjMhI8KMaLcPs---KWh-Hk4hmjSQ9C-OimNmGTqMGbDcY8bDfJEFpXmxCsi8CScXBHFSzRdCDcFgPVwSlJcPeFj1CM3nhFDxsJ_7fE1SyadNsbsj6OpK_p_WvcXN6-7udJxsvQDWnqFIv_qK4c9sLdi6wbc7v3CzMvZ7oPGzObzlmDejvMZxEhRQV3BQ56Njq8ppDTtyv-dQgd8QVR0bTYwy6XZVRElUDb74k-9BQUiI13aQTdSTXrvB6VEQQD0JfuHN_QO5Mog4dXxLqvDJne3IRxgeCGc16DRranI3xArsIFYOCpBOY29X4_pTAwhFIV_UaXut2rQJQZ7ActGdiDfplbsw5iOIi2lDUR2lufHn4RaLPUQRAy_FxRVYT3HWgrVMO0shEA6jeCNZRwWlKLXlf2sX6zJjX7MWbnxj2bLDjtU7UJuM6UTyMlGFLaCzYa8RnZkh9ZX_dp1F4SbnRZnRDSHUUZMHsCLmjkPfuTIQ63fwXD77fr63mPKL9v9EhNyT8nZudNhtBAP0Y3Ti-5HjjdS0pWJH7h4frz6XNwWa1o4HVgPKqgi33CrM=w3099-h1743-no

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #34 of 197
I am looking forward to hearing how it performs with iOS and if it shows the clicking and dropping out that other units have.
I would like to ask, you want to say, other brands of the iOS DAC will be interrupted when the song is playing?
Which model is it?

Sep 7, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #35 of 197
I've heard of people saying windows pc connected dacs like zishan z1 and walnut v2s making clicking or popping noise. But some have suggested it could be caused by a bad usb cable.

I highly recommend using Fiio cables as other cables may not be made to support the application at hand. Like charge only usb cables can cause headaches for people who are not aware data wire is not made to work intentionally.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #39 of 197
Make about a month a got the Mark II, wich I mustly test as an amp and soundcard for my computer (no need of drivers with window 10 it work like a charm for me).

BUT, Now I finally receive my little USB OTG cable and test it with my Samsung J3. I just plug it and open VLC, don't do nothing else, and it work PERFECT! And wow, what a big change in SQ compared to direct output of Samsung, this is really a game changer for a new portable audio combinaison, super clear sound, detailed and with excellent instrument separation. Sound better than my Xduoo X3 to be honnest!! Really a ALL-IN-ONE concept that budget audiophile will go crazy for as it work for Android and IOS really easily.

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #40 of 197
Still no release date? Was supposed to be out of sale a couple weeks ago

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #45 of 197
Make about a month a got the Mark II, wich I mustly test as an amp and soundcard for my computer (no need of drivers with window 10 it work like a charm for me).

BUT, Now I finally receive my little USB OTG cable and test it with my Samsung J3. I just plug it and open VLC, don't do nothing else, and it work PERFECT! And wow, what a big change in SQ compared to direct output of Samsung, this is really a game changer for a new portable audio combinaison, super clear sound, detailed and with excellent instrument separation. Sound better than my Xduoo X3 to be honnest!! Really a ALL-IN-ONE concept that budget audiophile will go crazy for as it work for Android and IOS really easily.
I was hoping this would be the case, that even though the Q1 Mark II is advertised and marketed as being for IOS and iPhones, it would in fact work with Android smartphones as well. Hope to read some more Android phone/Q1 Mark II success stories!
Holly

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back