The Review Tour of FiiO Q1 Mark II Apple MFi Certified DAC & Amp Starts Right Now.
Jul 17, 2017 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 197

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
2017广州发布会EN.151.jpeg

After the Q1 Mark II's released, many customers had been asking for its availability. To let you better experience this Apple MFi Certified DAC&Amp before the Q1 MarK II is ready for sales, we decide to hold a review tour of it. Below are some specs of Q1M arK II, feel free to reply and join our review tour if you have interest in it!

Main Points :

Apple MFi Certified DAC & Amp with Native DSD Support

Utilizes the professional XMOS USB DAC chip

Apple MFi Certified

Hi-Res Audio Certified

Supports up to 384kHz/32bit for PCM format

Supports native DSD up to DSD256

Dual crystal oscillators for faithful audio decoding

Dual headphone outputs, support both 3.5mm standard and 2.5mm balanced

Discrete high quality DAC AK4452

20 hours ultra-long battery life

Shipping info:

Depending on the geographical distribution of selected reviewers, FiiO will ship out several Q1 Mark II, one or more to reviewers in each region, e.g. USA, Europe, SE Asia, Pacific region, etc. so that shipping costs from one reviewer to the next is kept low. FiiO will pay for shipping to the first reviewer and any customs taxes / import duties that may result from the Q1 Mark II crossing countries.

Preview application period: starting now! And accepting applications until further notice.

First list of previewers to be announced: August 3, 2017

Beginning of shipment of review the Q1 Mark II: August 7, 2017

Please apply by replying to this thread and including the following information in your reply:

-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:

-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess:

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted:

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in):

-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in)

Review regulations (subject to change before the tour commences):

•Reviewers should keep the Q1 Mark II for at most 10 days before shipping to the next reviewer.

•Reviewers should ship the Q1 Mark II to the next reviewer by registered post requiring signature in the padded box provided.

•Reviewers will not be held responsible for any damage to the Q1 Mark II sustained during shipping or normal usage.

•Reviewers should do the preview fairly and objectively, and related product photos are required. (Alternatively, video reviews are welcome)

•Reviewers need not overstate the advantages of the products.

•Reviewers should indicate that the review Q1 Mark II's are free loan units, in order to avoid any misunderstandings.

•Reviewers are prohibited from using or disseminating pirated music on the Q1 Mark II.

•Reviewers are reminded to listen responsibly and safely to the Q1 Mark II, to not use it when operating machinery or driving, and not to drive headphones to excessive volume with the Q1 Mark II.

•Reviewers should post the completed preview content to this thread and the FiiO Q1 Mark II 's review page: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/fiio-q1-mark-ii-apple-mfi-certified-dac-amp.22526/

•Please also provide FiiO with the links to your review, for us to come and admire your work.

•Please contact FiiO in advance if you have any difficulties with the Q1 Mark II in the course of your preview, so we may help you resolve it if possible.

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #4 of 197
Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:
isine20
Koss Porta Pro
Shure 215
Oriveti basic
Sony MDR Z7

Alo continental dual mono

Australia
English

Jul 18, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 197
Headphones
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro
Sennheiser HD-25-1 II

Headphone Amps
Rupert Neve RNHP
CI Audio VHP•2 with VAC•1 Power Supply
Ray Samuel SR-71a
SOHA V1

DACs
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Chord MOJO

DAPs
QLS-HiFi QA360
Fiio X3 MK 1

Geographical Location
Uk

Native Language
English

Jul 18, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 197
Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess
shure 846
etymotic er4xr
shure 1540
at-msr7

fiio x5 gen 2 and 3
chord mojo
dragonfly red

Edit: given the Mfi need for this review I have an iPhone 7 plus, an iPad pro 10.5 and an iPad pro 12"

scotland/uk

English

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 197
Hello,

I'm at Miami, FL 33160.

Regards

Hello !

-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess: Grado RS1i, Sennheiser 6XX, Sony MDR V6, AudioTechnica M50X / UE Triplefi5, Westone UM3X, Sony MDR XB90EX, + more

-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess: Fiio X5 / Fiio E11, Pico Power, Meir Corda 3Move, Sony DN1050, + more

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted: So far only one comparison of reshelling, Canon 7D on Amazon.

-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in) Spanish & English

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 197

Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser H598SE
Bowers & Wilkins P7's (wired)
Etymotic ER4-PT
MEE Audio M6 Pro
MEE Audio X7 Plus
AKG K701
Advanced Sound Evo X

iPhone 7 Plus (256GB)
Marantz HD-DAC1
Oppo HA-2

N/A

Sacramento, California

English (Fluent)
Spanish (Fluent)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #9 of 197
Hello,

I'm at Miami, FL 33160.

Regards

Please apply by replying to this thread and including the following information in your reply:

Thanks for your cooperation.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 19, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #10 of 197
Here are my points. As a newb in reviews, I doubt that I stand a chance among these finest challengers of reviewer accross headfi community. But my points I think will make a point none the less. First I think a newb perspective can be more informative to readers who are already familiar with the brochure like fancy reviews that several reviewers are able to produce. To some degree brochures are already provided by the oems. Secondly, MFi implies users should use an iOS loaded device, and I have an iPad mini. Thirdly, the Fiio's new InfinitySound capability suggest you would need a new cable as well, maybe it is provided, but some headphones may not accomodate. Just saying, it maybe worth noting if you are going to review the things that Fiio brings to the table so to speak. At this point my points have run out.

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #11 of 197
-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess: HD600, SE215, Piston 2.0, Piston 3.0, Monk+, Monk+ Candy Edition, Creative Aurvana

-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess: iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad 2, iPod Touch Gen 2, Walnut V2

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted: NIL, first time but why not try giving it a shot?

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Singapore

-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in): English (Fluent), Chinese (Fluent)

Edit: Added iPhone 6, iPhone 5 and iPad 2.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #12 of 197
Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:
Monk Original 2nd batch sent to US
Vido
Vfree
UE4000
Vivo XE800
KZ EDR2, ATR
Xiaomi Piston 2.1, 3.0

Benjie K9S/X1 non-bluetooth, Walnut V2.0, iPad mini, Fiio, E1, Creative G5, Accessport AAW

Mainly amazon and aliexpress, but links not available at the moment.
Chicago metropolitan area.
English

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #13 of 197

Sennheiser HD700
Senheisser HD650
KZ ZS3
KZ ZS5

Cayin N3
Topping NX4

-Descriptions and links to review:
None will be the first as a newbie headfi'er

Amsterdam Netherlands

Will be playing on a Android HTC U11. The Topping NX4 which is compatible with my phone.
Tried dragonfly black
And Fiio K1 which all failed.

Curious if this one will work on my none 3.5mm jack phone.

Can write in English and Dutch

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #15 of 197
Assuming Xmos is a system on chip with memory and core software to interface to usb and other devices like dacs, I'm wondering if the Xmos will come configured with its own dac circuitry, be it much simpler than the AKM dac chip. This way in the future the firmware can provide the user to access dual dacs and maybe even turn off the AKM chip to save battery when the usb bit rate falls below threshold. I'm assumng AKM implementation would be superior to the Xmos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back