The Qudelix-5K thread
Jan 30, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #3,751 of 4,753
Hi, one question about the PEQ, first time ever I am attempting to set it up/use it, trying to tame my Tansio Mirai Sands.

- Where do we input the Impedance and Sensitivity?

Is it when we are saving a PEQ preset?
Is there some other tab we can input these values?
And, should the Impedance and Sensitivity get inputted first and afterwards create the PEQ profile or does it not matter?

Thank you
Those values are purely for roughly calculating a dB value on the volume tab. You don’t need to put them in.

Use the values for your specific headphones, which you’ll have to find on the manufacturer’s spec.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #3,752 of 4,753
I’ve had my 5K since September of 2020, and right now is my first time using it balanced. Using it wired to an iPhone using Apple Lossless with the 2.5mm balanced output and it’s crazy that I’m listening at -45dB. That means there is a ridiculous amount of headroom. Listening through the 7HZ Timeless AE that just arrived late this morning.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #3,753 of 4,753
Those values are purely for roughly calculating a dB value on the volume tab. You don’t need to put them in.

Use the values for your specific headphones, which you’ll have to find on the manufacturer’s spec.

Idk what kind of math they are using but I know that I’m listening way quieter than what it shows in the app.

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #3,754 of 4,753
Idk what kind of math they are using but I know that I’m listening way quieter than what it shows in the app.
I have a spreadsheet I was using to figure out dB…it matches what I managed to calculate.

Bear in mind figuring out absolute volume of music is pretty complicated. A 997Hz test tone at (-)0dB sounds way louder than music. Sensitivity is generally given at a specific frequency, but likely isn’t static across frequency range.

It also takes into account any pre gain you have allowed for your EQ.

My take-away from trying to pin down how loud I was listening, was that headphones are probably more damaging than most realise. I have pretty horrendous tinnitus in my right ear, so I’m hyper vigilant with it..

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #3,755 of 4,753
I have a spreadsheet I was using to figure out dB…it matches what I managed to calculate.

Bear in mind figuring out absolute volume of music is pretty complicated. A 997Hz test tone at (-)0dB sounds way louder than music. Sensitivity is generally given at a specific frequency, but likely isn’t static across frequency range.

It also takes into account any pre gain you have allowed for your EQ.

My take-away from trying to pin down how loud I was listening, was that headphones are probably more damaging than most realise. I have pretty horrendous tinnitus in my right ear, so I’m hyper vigilant with it..

I trust how iPhones tell you the dB when listening to AirPods Pro/AirPods Max in real time. I’ve also used a dB meter to see how loud music sounds thru my speakers at home and it sounds close as well. I know that when using my wired headphones/IEMs I’m not listening at anywhere near what the Qudelix app shows.

When using my AirPods Pro 2’s with my iPhone the Health app says my daily average is 55-63dB. With wired headphones I’d say I’m listening at close to that, maybe a few dB higher with certain headphones/IEMs at times. But the Qudelix app will show like 75-82dB, which there is now way I’m listening that loudly.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #3,756 of 4,753
I trust how iPhones tell you the dB when listening to AirPods Pro/AirPods Max in real time. I’ve also used a dB meter to see how loud music sounds thru my speakers at home and it sounds close as well. I know that when using my wired headphones/IEMs I’m not listening at anywhere near what the Qudelix app shows.

When using my AirPods Pro 2’s with my iPhone the Health app says my daily average is 55-63dB. With wired headphones I’d say I’m listening at close to that, maybe a few dB higher with certain headphones/IEMs at times. But the Qudelix app will show like 75-82dB, which there is now way I’m listening that loudly.

iPhones spit those numbers out regardless of what headphones are connected, just sayin.

Maybe you’ll be absolutely fine, good luck to you!

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #3,757 of 4,753
iPhones spit those numbers out regardless of what headphones are connected, just sayin.

Maybe you’ll be absolutely fine, good luck to you!

True but with their Bluetooth buds or headphones I’d trust those measurements. That’s all I’m saying. They have microphones on the inside for the ANC that measure in real time.

Jan 31, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #3,758 of 4,753
I love the EQed sound so much and I want it on my Fiio M11 Plus. After giving some thoughts and trial, I finally manage to duplicate the ideal EQ settings on Qudelix to my Fiio M11 Pro.

Because I don't like the EQ preset in the Qudelix, so I do it manually to fit my hearing preference. Here is what I did:
1. Go to Crinacle Graph tool or Squiglink
2. Select the headphone model, select any target you like (I use Harman IE 2019 v2) and go to Equilazer and click the AutoEQ.
3. Manually copy the result to Qudelix 5K PEQ
4. Play the song you like and adjust the EQ until you are satisfied. While doing this, I input those value to the graph to view the graph agaist the target. This helps me to decide my hearing preference against the Harmen target, it is very handy for future EQ adjustments.
5. Once you done, click the Export Graphic EQ (for wavelet), download the file
6. On my Fiio M11 Plus, simply import the profile to the autoeq

That's it!

Feb 1, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #3,759 of 4,753
Firmware and Chrome extension 2.1.0 released !
  • Performance optimization
  • Faster UI response, Faster app connection
  • LDAC Acceleration Mode
  • Minor bug fixes

LDAC ACCELERATION MODE

5K's LDAC Acceleration Mode may help the source device stream LDAC at a higher bit rate. It helps the bitrate to go up quickly as soon as LDAC starts. Highly recommend turning this option on for Android users. No need to check the Android developer option every time. Just turn the LDAC Acceleration Mode on, and forget about the bitrate.

*When this mode is on, 5K allows the mobile app connection only to the smartphone that is streaming LDAC.

Feb 1, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #3,760 of 4,753
What an Amazing company Qudelix is!!
Lots of updates, always successful, with a ton of new and useful features! Absolutely brilliant!

Some others cannot even get a firmware update out right...

I wish Qudelix would make something like the FiiO UTWS5!!

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #3,762 of 4,753
Hi, one question about the PEQ, first time ever I am attempting to set it up/use it, trying to tame my Tansio Mirai Sands.

- Where do we input the Impedance and Sensitivity?

Is it when we are saving a PEQ preset?
Is there some other tab we can input these values?
And, should the Impedance and Sensitivity get inputted first and afterwards create the PEQ profile or does it not matter?

Thank you
Replying to myself, others might be helped, as well.

#1. Impedance/sensitivity in the app Volume, Option tab.
Applied when no EQ or the selected EQ preset has no impedance/sensitivity.

#2. Impedance/sensitivity in a EQ preset

#2 overrides #1.

When no EQ, you can use #1.
Or, you can save a FLAT EQ preset with a target IEM name, Impedance, and sensitivity.

Source

So, if I would like to get a rough estimation of how loud I am listening to, I can save a flat EQ for each one of my IEMs/Headphones, together with their Impedance and Sensitivity :)

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #3,763 of 4,753
I love the EQed sound so much and I want it on my Fiio M11 Plus. After giving some thoughts and trial, I finally manage to duplicate the ideal EQ settings on Qudelix to my Fiio M11 Pro.

Because I don't like the EQ preset in the Qudelix, so I do it manually to fit my hearing preference. Here is what I did:
1. Go to Crinacle Graph tool or Squiglink
2. Select the headphone model, select any target you like (I use Harman IE 2019 v2) and go to Equilazer and click the AutoEQ.
3. Manually copy the result to Qudelix 5K PEQ
4. Play the song you like and adjust the EQ until you are satisfied. While doing this, I input those value to the graph to view the graph agaist the target. This helps me to decide my hearing preference against the Harmen target, it is very handy for future EQ adjustments.
5. Once you done, click the Export Graphic EQ (for wavelet), download the file
6. On my Fiio M11 Plus, simply import the profile to the autoeq

That's it!
That's super helpful for me, who I've never used PEQ, thank you very much! I might have a question or two. when I will attempt it, hope you will be around! :)

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #3,764 of 4,753
Here are my thoughts on this little device..

Read and Understand the Manual Before You Buy

I am using the Qudelix with my Truthear Zero IEMs and a Meenova lighting to USB-c Cable. I have had the device for about a month and a half and there have been 6 firmware updates already! Qudelix introduced a version 2.0 firmware around Christmas 2022, some users experienced bugs, but for me, the transition was fairly smooth. This device has a ton of settings and can be quite technical to use, so make sure you read the manual before you dive too far into the device.

The iPhone app works great for the most part. The top issue I have had is getting the device to connect to my iPhone 13 via USB. It does not always connect the first time, take a bit of playing around to get it to connect. Hopefully as the firmware updates keep coming out there will be a fix. The only other issue I have is a slight skip in the music (maybe once every 15 minutes) when listening via USB and Plexamp. Not sure what is causing this.

All in all, it is a great device, small, portable and enough power for even my 6XX headphones when EQ'd to the Oratory1990 Settings.

Attachments

• IMG_2677.jpg
    IMG_2677.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #3,765 of 4,753
I think we are overdue for a Qudelix-6K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back