The Qudelix-5K thread
Jan 16, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #3,736 of 4,760
How's your battery life after a few years of using it? I feel like mine has gotten much worse.
I have had mine almost 3 years now and the battery seems a little tired now, but heck, I've used the hell out of it since I got it. Every day. Many hours. No telling how many charge cycles its been thru. For the price it has held up extremely well in my opinion, and I would drop the $ for another in a heartbeat when this one gives up the ghost. Probably just use the old one on my computer full time at that point. FYI - over the same time period it has held up better than my ES100, which I still also use BTW. When charging both I use the 80% limit. Don't know if that in and of itself made a difference though.

Jan 17, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #3,737 of 4,760
Anybody use the Qudelix 5K with a PC38X?

EQ'd them, and I'm having an abnormally hard time pin pointing where footsteps are coming from in games. Wondering if they're being under driven?

Thoughts?
I had the mode set to auto, which it was using balanced connection for some reason

Changed it to unbalanced and everything sounds great now.

Jan 17, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #3,738 of 4,760
I have had mine almost 3 years now and the battery seems a little tired now, but heck, I've used the hell out of it since I got it. Every day. Many hours. No telling how many charge cycles its been thru. For the price it has held up extremely well in my opinion, and I would drop the $ for another in a heartbeat when this one gives up the ghost. Probably just use the old one on my computer full time at that point. FYI - over the same time period it has held up better than my ES100, which I still also use BTW. When charging both I use the 80% limit. Don't know if that in and of itself made a difference though.
For me the battery degradation aspect has always been a turn-off when it comes to battery powered devices. If they just made the batteries available for purchase separately, it would be just perfect. BTW do you know if qudelix will work even if you completely remove the battery?

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #3,739 of 4,760
So I’ve been using my 5K wired with an iPhone for quite a while. Today I decided to stick a MagSafe sticker to my 5K so it sticks to my case/phone. This makes it a bit more convenient for sure.

Jan 18, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #3,741 of 4,760
I bought some but didn't install one yet. Did you buy one that's segmented, or a solid ring?
I guess you’d say it’s segmented. I cut it with scissors to the shape of the 5K.

https://a.co/d/3OBnvIS

The only problem with these is that they are the reverse polarity that they need to be to be put onto accessories. They are meant to turn any case into a MagSafe case. So the adhesive is on the wrong side, so I used double sided tape.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #3,742 of 4,760
I would like to connect the device to a computer using it as a usb dac and connect the 3.5mm jack output to a desktop headphone amplifier with a 3.5mm jack - rca cable. My question is, can it be set in the qudelix 5k app to switch to line out mode and fix be the output, so it continuously emits the highest volume.

Jan 22, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #3,743 of 4,760
I would like to connect the device to a computer using it as a usb dac and connect the 3.5mm jack output to a desktop headphone amplifier with a 3.5mm jack - rca cable. My question is, can it be set in the qudelix 5k app to switch to line out mode and fix be the output, so it continuously emits the highest volume.
When I do this, I just set the Qudelix 5k's volume to be the maximum amount via the app. You can independently control the volume of the device in dB (separate from your phone or PC), and it won't change. So I just set and forget it

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #3,744 of 4,760
Anyone had an issue where suddenly the device stops sending sound to the headphones? I have had mine for a while (two of them) but one of them seems to have suddenly stopped working.

Its very weird, it’s been completely fine but suddenly no sound. It connects fine to my phone (sound source) but no sound going to headphones no matter what. Done a reset, firmware update made sure only testing paired to a single device, made sure phone not the issue etc but nothing works. The Headphones working fine, testing right now on other Q5.

I’m still within the warranty period by 3 months but wanted to check before tryna to go through that path….is there a way to rollback the firmware incase that’s the issue?

Thanks

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #3,746 of 4,760
FW 2.0.4 is out
Great, thanks ! But how do you know ? Do you check their website every single day ?
Any idea of the improvements/modifications ?

Jan 25, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #3,748 of 4,760
The new firmware features a "User EQ preset with IEM/Headphones profile"
You can store the user's EQ presets with the IEM/Headphones' sensitivity and impedance. Then, the app displays the estimated output power and the sound pressure level that Qudelix-5K delivers through the IEM/headphones. It's nothing to do with the Sound Quality. It's about the user experience. We're trying to guide users through the app as efficiently as possible.

I'm not quite clear about this feature. Can the 5K automatically sense and apply EQ to headphones like the Wavelet app does?

Jan 30, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #3,749 of 4,760
New App update and new firmware, 2.0.5 (fixed minor bugs)

Jan 30, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #3,750 of 4,760
Hi, one question about the PEQ, first time ever I am attempting to set it up/use it, trying to tame my Tansio Mirai Sands.

- Where do we input the Impedance and Sensitivity?

Is it when we are saving a PEQ preset?
Is there some other tab we can input these values?
And, should the Impedance and Sensitivity get inputted first and afterwards create the PEQ profile or does it not matter?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back