The Qudelix-5K thread
Oct 14, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #2,716 of 4,750
I can think of one new feature that will improve on 5K's already formidable features: independent EQ for each channel.

Earphones don't come with perfectly matched channels. Graphs usually show this. The mismatch is obvious when you play a Sinewave sweep across the frequency range and hear the signal shift laterally when it should stay constant at the center. For instance, on my new Timeless, the signal shifts a quarter width to the right from 3khz to 3.7khz.

Independent channel EQ will help us to tweak out the difference between the drivers, improving stereo stability and soundstage.
Awesome idea. Actually it is not just channel imbalance. There is also different hearing health between ears, so that would also help in that case.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #2,718 of 4,750
Independent channel EQ will help us to tweak out the difference between the drivers, improving stereo stability and soundstage.

Actually it is not just channel imbalance. There is also different hearing health between ears, so that would also help in that case.

Maybe it would be better to suggest this on their forum, or do they frequent here often? Either way you got my support, and deem it an excellent addition to the 5K arsenal.

Oct 15, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #2,720 of 4,750
I can think of one new feature that will improve on 5K's already formidable features: independent EQ for each channel.

Earphones don't come with perfectly matched channels. Graphs usually show this. The mismatch is obvious when you play a Sinewave sweep across the frequency range and hear the signal shift laterally when it should stay constant at the center. For instance, on my new Timeless, the signal shifts a quarter width to the right from 3khz to 3.7khz.

Heck, just a balance function in anything. That’s the reason I still have my Fiio E07K portable headphone amp after all these years. It has been very helpful for my hearing imbalance as I get older, as well as my collection of headphones that probably have driver imbalances. This is a sorely missing function in most electronics that is likely easy to implement, and would improve people’s lives and listening pleasure. Not to mention perhaps improving their product sales immensely.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #2,721 of 4,750
Heck, just a balance function in anything. That’s the reason I still have my Fiio E07K portable headphone amp after all these years. It has been very helpful for my hearing imbalance as I get older, as well as my collection of headphones that probably have driver imbalances. This is a sorely missing function in most electronics that is likely easy to implement, and would improve people’s lives and listening pleasure. Not to mention perhaps improving their product sales immensely.
If you mean a balance control it's already there in the 5K. Volume - Option - Trim L/R.

Oct 15, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #2,722 of 4,750
Qudelix 5k newbie here. Tried searching before posting, but couldn't find anything about my issue.

I use a usb-c to lightning cable, using the 5k as a USB DAC (24bit/96khz - Apple Music Lossless) with my iPhone 12.
When pressing the play/pause button (blue upper) on the 5K, it automatically change the source to Bluetooth (A2DP#1).
Next/previous track works without changing source.
Do you know any way to use the play/pause button with the USB DAC and not just with BT/A2DP #1?
Sorry to bump this, but I am sure one of you guys know about this, and if it's a bug (or just supposed to work like this?)
I'm thankful for answers. Find this a little annoying.

Oct 15, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #2,723 of 4,750
How does the auto eq preset work?
Do i select the headphones I'm currently listening with and they make the sound match Harmon curve?
Or do I select the headphones that I want my headphones to sound like?
Or something else?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #2,724 of 4,750
How does the auto eq preset work?
Do i select the headphones I'm currently listening with and they make the sound match Harmon curve?
Or do I select the headphones that I want my headphones to sound like?
Or something else?

AutoEQ is only concerning the headphone you are currently using .. and is "trying" to match more or less to a Harman Target (2019 I think), and then you are still free to adjust a bit to your own ears/taste.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #2,726 of 4,750
I use an iphone 12 pro max connected to the apple camera connection kit connected to a usb A to usb c adapter connected to the Qudelix-5K. So now I need to pair the airpods pro to the Qudelix-5K via bluetooth. How do I do this?
I want to take advantage of the auto eq preset in the app (for the airpod pro in the list).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back