The Qudelix-5K thread
Oct 20, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #2,746 of 4,748
I agree. I also wouldn't buy without an integrated clip, since I wear it around my neck like a pendant and it's clipped to the cable of whatever iem I'm listening to at the time.
Given your use model, the built in clip makes perfect sense! For me, I usually have BT dongles tucked in a pocket hence why the clip is less valuable, but I can see why you’d want it!

Oct 20, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #2,747 of 4,748
Just wanted to put it out there that I'm selling mine. Doesn't get much use since I bought the Sony XM4. Link in sig

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #2,748 of 4,748
CAN CONFIRM - Qudelix 5K works great on Playstation 5/PS5, set to USB 48KHz (in my case, with Mic), and works great with the vModa Boom Pro microphone for party/voice chat, connected to the AKG K702.

You can bypass the PS5 volume drop for USB DAC's as well, so they are more than loud enough on the PS5, with the K702's (which are considered a littler harder to drive than most headphones).

I have to say, it was impossible finding anyone who could confirm all this online, pain in the ass. So yeah, works great on PS5 with an inline microphone, VERY impressed, it's awesome.
I connected mine via the controller and and never got it to work. Did you connect the 5k to the console itself via USBC?

Oct 22, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #2,749 of 4,748
I am setting up the Qudelix 5k for the first time. I have it connected to the iphone 12 using a c to lightning cable and when pairing it works. My question is How to pair with bluetooth headphones. Do I just pair the 5K and the headphones together.

Oct 22, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #2,750 of 4,748
I am setting up the Qudelix 5k for the first time. I have it connected to the iphone 12 using a c to lightning cable and when pairing it works. My question is How to pair with bluetooth headphones. Do I just pair the 5K and the headphones together.
The Q5K is a BT receiver, not a transmitter. You cannot pair it with Bluetooth headphones. The use model is you connect the Q5K to your source via Bluetooth, and your IEMs or headphones to the Q5K with wires…

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #2,753 of 4,748
Heyo. I'm planning to mod my k712 with a second wire coming up from the earcup towards the headband, and a 3d printed bracket to add a BT amp at the top.

Now the big question is, does anyone have experience with the k7** series and the 5K? Would i be better off going with a BTR5?

And lastly, can you control the volume from the device you're connected to? (phone, laptop)

Thanks!
Hi, I'm wondering how this endeavour of yours went? I have a qudelix and a k712 pro and I've been wondering if it's worth converting the k712 pro to balanced for more power to be usable on the qudelix

Oct 28, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #2,754 of 4,748
Did anyone score the 7Hertz Timeless?
I did. Playing it from 5K at max performance and power settings, the 3 attributes that keep coming to mind are Clean, Clear and Coherent!
2021-10-28-09-28-28-274.jpg
Tonality is good but can be improved with 5K's PEQ.

Oct 31, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #2,755 of 4,748
Thanks! I think I’m going to pull the trigger. Planars and the 5K appear a marriage made in heaven. This 5K continues to impress with the dedicated IEMs. I suspect the Timeless would take it over the top.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #2,756 of 4,748
Thanks! I think I’m going to pull the trigger. Planars and the 5K appear a marriage made in heaven. This 5K continues to impress with the dedicated IEMs. I suspect the Timeless would take it over the top.
Look for a shop that sells it with stock 7Hz 2.5mm cable termination as shown in my picture. Not all do.

Since you love planar speakers, I'm sure you'll really like Timeless. To my ears, the characteristic differences and tradeoffs between planar and dynamic cone speakers carry over into IEMs, at least with this planar IEM.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #2,757 of 4,748
Ok, thanks. I’ll get what you recommend. As to planars v. cones, I don’t miss the slam of cones because I get so wrapped in music as only planars do, I don’t tend to listen to acoustic music (Jazz and vocalists) loud anyway and prefer tonality, timbre and an overall smooth detailed presentation. Think Norah Jones or John Mayer and planars just get them right. That’s why I an intrigued by the Timeless. The dedicated 5Ks are no slouch and they will be on tap for hard core slammin’ for sure. Nothing substitutes for cones on hard driving electronic music. I have cone speakers for just that purpose.

Thanks for all your recommendations. Much appreciated!

Post Script: Linsoul sells them with 2.5mm. What is the advantage to this configuration versus 4.4mm?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back