The Qudelix-5K thread
Jul 20, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #1,081 of 4,748
... as the DFC is designed to be only a USB DAC, has.a newer DAC chip and costs 3x more. ...

Not really. Both chips were announced on the same year, 2016.

On a side note, just look at E1DA #9038SG3 on how to implement the same DAC chip as DFC to maximum performance without costing an arm and a leg.

Jul 21, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #1,082 of 4,748
Not really. Both chips were announced on the same year, 2016.

On a side note, just look at E1DA #9038SG3 on how to implement the same DAC chip as DFC to maximum performance without costing an arm and a leg.

Ok. I believe you and stand corrected.

Regardless, I love both devices and, to me, both were each worth their cost to me and don't think the DFC costs an arm and a leg when I use it everyday (but that is my personal opinion and I understand why others may balk at a $300 dongle. It is not for everyone but I believe the OP already has a Cobalt). Between the DFC and 5K, I do like the Cobalt better for sound alone. That is my opinion and mine only and the year a chip was made doesnt really mean much to me, to be honest. I will remove that part from my original post.

Jul 21, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #1,083 of 4,748
I would add to this discussion one thing. I prefer to use 2.5mm balanced cable for my Andromedas so switching between DFC and Qudelix will be inconvenient. TAre there any other bluetooth/usb dac with better chips than Quedelix/BTR5 that can be compared with DFC at least?

Jul 21, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #1,084 of 4,748
I'm guessing the new batch will be available soon. I messaged qudelix on fb mid month to ask about the availability, and they replied mid or late July. I gave them another pm earlier and they allowed me to order when I asked a specific date when it will be available again. :)

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #1,087 of 4,748
I am honestly getting lost in the multiple ways to hear stuff with what I have

MacBook - Q5K Bluetooth AptX using Mac Audio Units plug in (Fab Filter) Equaliser.
MacBook wired USB 96k 24 bit to AT DSR9BT using Mac Audio Units plug in (Fab Filter) Equaliser.
MacBook wired USB 96k 24 bit to Q5K (havent tried this yet) and Etymotic or Empire Ears IEMs using Mac Audio Units plug in (Fab Filter) Equaliser.

Sony 507 DAP - LDAC to Q5K Etymotic or Empire Ears IEMs using Amazon Music Android app Equalizer OR Q5K iOS Equaliser
Sony 507 DAP - wired Etymotic or Empire Ears IEMs using Sony DAP equalizer

I also have:
An ES100 is just found after losing it for a year...
A Plussound PSV3 LDAC 2 pin IEM cable

Confusing hobby! But often fun! But can be expensive...

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #1,088 of 4,748
It lacks Bluetooth connectivity :frowning2:
Ifi xDSD or xCan do aptX.
Edit: Forget about the xDSD, the balanced out is 3.5mm. Only the xCan applies. It supports AAC too.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #1,089 of 4,748
Ifi xDSD or xCan do aptX.
Edit: Forget about the xDSD, the balanced out is 3.5mm. Only the xCan applies. It supports AAC too.

To be honest, I might use 3.5mm balanced, I haven't bought a cable yet. Still, I think I buy this Qudelix and give it a try because it's price is quite affordable. Meantime I started another discussion about the best portable BT/USB DAC for Andro:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/por...etooth-for-ca-andromeda.937944/#post-15752566

Jul 21, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #1,090 of 4,748
Would owners of the Qudelix 5K mind taking a few minutes of your time to download and play the below 30-second long BS EN 50332-1 'Program Simulation Noise' through the Qudelix 5K (USB-C wired connection to source) at maximum volume and record its output (e.g. using the free Audacity program) by connecting the line-out of the 5K via a 3.5mm cable to the highest quality ADC device you have (a PC soundcard line-in would do)?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocxvs0bhneadcnh/EN50332_ProgSignal_44.16_-10dBFS.wav?dl=0

Then just upload the recorded wav file to a file sharing site. This would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #1,092 of 4,748
I can’t get my MacBook Pro to work @aptx

It’s just AAC or SBS

I tried the Terminal commands but it hasn’t worked. It can do it.

Boring.

May try again.

isn´t works with terminal!

Activatet AptX: on Mac: Load and install xcode, after then load and install additional tools and go to bluetooth explorer and activate aptx. Voila---) aptx works on Mac.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #1,093 of 4,748
Yep did this & got it working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back