The Qudelix-5K thread
Jul 28, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #1,112 of 4,753
After installing latest firmware, the blue led stopped flahing while playing (normal led mode). Is it ok?

Thanks
I noticed that as well although I don't really mind. The lights were a bit too bright for me at night.

Jul 28, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #1,113 of 4,753
I noticed that as well although I don't really mind. The lights were a bit too bright for me at night.

The new firmware does have a LED brightness control. I turned mine way down... :wink:

Jul 28, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #1,114 of 4,753
The new firmware does have a LED brightness control. I turned mine way down... :wink:
Yes I did as well. What I said was in reference to the constant blinking when the unit was on, which I did not really care for as it was distracting.

I am glad they are constantly improving the product and putting alot of thought into updates.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #1,116 of 4,753
This might be a silly question. But is anyone able to use the app while the Qudelix 5k is conencted via USB-C to their phone?

I get sound output through my 3.5mm, but cannot use the app at all and only the red LED is on. In order for me to use the app i have to connet via BT, of course at this point, audio out changes to BT. Is this by design? Or am i doing somethign wrong?

Thanks

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #1,117 of 4,753
This might be a silly question. But is anyone able to use the app while the Qudelix 5k is conencted via USB-C to their phone?

I get sound output through my 3.5mm, but cannot use the app at all and only the red LED is on. In order for me to use the app i have to connet via BT, of course at this point, audio out changes to BT. Is this by design? Or am i doing somethign wrong?

Thanks

I have no problem connecting my Qudelix via USB to my Xperia 5 while controlling its function over app (via BT), all at the same time.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #1,118 of 4,753

Thanks

Worth noting that UAPP states music is playing through the USB DAC so i know it is clearly working. Just puzzled about the lack of app usability via USB

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #1,119 of 4,753
I have no problem connecting my Qudelix via USB to my Xperia 5 while controlling its function over app (via BT), all at the same time.

Would you mind sharing your dev settings on Android? USB specific ones, i wonder if i need to change this.

Also do you mean to say that you are using audio output via USB C, but are connected and using the app via BT?

I woudl think we can just use USB connectivity and still control the app?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #1,120 of 4,753
Worth noting that UAPP states music is playing through the USB DAC so i know it is clearly working. Just puzzled about the lack of app usability via USB

The app function is designed to work over BT, not USB. In order to control 5K via app while it is used as USB DAC, you need to connect it to BT at the same time.

Would you mind sharing your dev settings on Android? USB specific ones, i wonder if i need to change this.

Also do you mean to say that you are using audio output via USB C, but are connected and using the app via BT?

I woudl think we can just use USB connectivity and still control the app?

No, doesn't work that way. App only works over BT.

Also nothing to share in the developer setting on USB that will change anything. There is nothing in the developer setting on USB that is related to USB DAC function. I leave all of those setting in default.

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #1,121 of 4,753
The app function is designed to work over BT, not USB. In order to control 5K via app while it is used as USB DAC, you need to connect it to BT at the same time.

No, doesn't work that way. App only works over BT.

Also nothing to share in the developer setting on USB that will change anything. There is nothing in the developer setting on USB that is related to USB DAC function. I leave all of those setting in default.

Ok thanks for that, let me give that a try. Is there anyway to switch between BT streaming and USB once connected via BT and on the app?

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #1,122 of 4,753
5K should automatically prioritize USB DAC function over BT. To be sure, just go into the app (*when playing music) and see the setting under 'input > state', it should show you the source as 'USB'.

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #1,123 of 4,753
5K should automatically prioritize USB DAC function over BT. To be sure, just go into the app (*when playing music) and see the setting under 'input > state', it should show you the source as 'USB'.

Good info! I feel this only works properly if you connect to BT first, then plugin USB.

If you flick BT off while USB is connected and then back on, BT takes over (as per the app, unplugging and plugging the usb dac back in doesnt solve this). Though on UAPP, interestingly it states playback is via USB DAC. Wonder if this is an app bug.

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #1,124 of 4,753
I don't mind paying for premium shipping, when I get premium shipping

1596030609704.png

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #1,125 of 4,753
OK, took a bit, but I got the 5K to play via BT on my iPad
But...
My Samsung Note 4 , Android 6.0.1 (yeah,yeah, I know), won't see the app in the playstore. When I open the app via the provided link from the Qudelix forum, it states "No eligible devices". What's the oldest Android O.S. that the app will work with ?
The 5K does playback via the phone, just no app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back