The Qudelix-5K thread
Aug 20, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #1,261 of 4,750
Got mine today, first impressions:

superb sound tbh, used it both bt and connected

It got me a couple of tries to figure out how to turn it on and how to connect it.

hate the blinking light, already found how to disconnect it

Sound wise, this little fella is quite impressive, it actually calls my attention people not saying much more about it, it got enough power to drive many full headphones

will keep checking it out later on :)

by the way!!! Only thing that sucked was that I asked the people of qudelix to declare for 48usd and well... I had to pay taxes

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #1,262 of 4,750
Hey guys. Just ordered both the Btr5 and the Qk5. I already got the btr5 and get the qk5 tomorrow. I got them from amazon so I will return the one I like least. Question: how is the PEQ of the K5 going to be better than the one from the Fiio? I mean I get it that the K5 is parametric so you have more flexibility but what about the quality of sound? I have been using the Boom 3d app for my Mac without an external dAC and it's crazy how much better it is as an EQ app than the iTunes one. I mostly listen to bass heavy music on Spotify.
I’ve been using boom 3D myself as well for around 2 years. It’s quite impressive, and it adapts pretty well to any external sources and works as a good booster

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #1,263 of 4,750
Try them both and let us know!

Only your ears can tell you what they like.

On Mac I can recommend Audio Hijack as a container for FabFilter Pro Q 3 (audio units) plug in on playback of 96k 24 bit audio from Amazon Music HD. I love it.
I will do a comparison of the 2 this week but been listening to the btr5 a lot today with my Th-X00 and I'm not impressed. I cannot see an improvement over my MacBook DAC and the EQ app is almost useless. It doesn't do much at all. They have definitely used a conservative approach here and maybe because they were afraid of any sort of sound distortion that could have been attributed to the device. In comparison when using the Boom 3d app on my Mac the bass blows the btr5 out of the water. Of course the design of the apps has a lot to do with this but there are huge limitations in the Eq-ing that I've been able to do on the btr5 due to the fact that it's an external DAC. The Q5k arrives tomorrow and I look forward to it but I don't see any benefits in owning a btr5 if you already have a decent DAC or have some power efficient headphones.

Aug 21, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #1,265 of 4,750
The Q5k arrives tomorrow and I look forward to it but I don't see any benefits in owning a btr5 if you already have a decent DAC or have some power efficient headphones.
Considering its marketing (its model name), I would presume the primary benefit of the BTR5 for most is as a high quality bluetooth receiver (LDAC,APTX-HD, range, etc).

I recognize that we all want value (price and features), but to say there is no use for a BTR5 seems over the top.

I haven't even tried my Q5 as a wired DAC nor do I own the btr5. For me, these products are all about bluetooth.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #1,266 of 4,750
So my Q5K is being held up at customs. Damn, it was really on track to arriving on my doorstep by suppertime today. Pretty bummed. On top of that, I'm getting charged a tax AND some sort of fee for a 'Bluetooth device import permit'. The latter comes with a heap of paperwork that needs wading through. At this rate, I'll only have my grubby hands on it sometime in the middle or end of next week :frowning2:

The Q5K better worth it :)

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #1,267 of 4,750
So my Q5K is being held up at customs. Damn, it was really on track to arriving on my doorstep by suppertime today. Pretty bummed. On top of that, I'm getting charged a tax AND some sort of fee for a 'Bluetooth device import permit'. The latter comes with a heap of paperwork that needs wading through. At this rate, I'll only have my grubby hands on it sometime in the middle or end of next week :frowning2:

The Q5K better worth it :)
"Bluetooth device import permit"

Wow. Words fail me.

Aug 22, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #1,271 of 4,750
Heyo. I'm planning to mod my k712 with a second wire coming up from the earcup towards the headband, and a 3d printed bracket to add a BT amp at the top.

Now the big question is, does anyone have experience with the k7** series and the 5K? Would i be better off going with a BTR5?

And lastly, can you control the volume from the device you're connected to? (phone, laptop)

Thanks!

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #1,272 of 4,750
Heyo. I'm planning to mod my k712 with a second wire coming up from the earcup towards the headband, and a 3d printed bracket to add a BT amp at the top.

Now the big question is, does anyone have experience with the k7** series and the 5K? Would i be better off going with a BTR5?

And lastly, can you control the volume from the device you're connected to? (phone, laptop)

Thanks!

I can answer that part only, yes, on WM1A I can control the volume of my Qudelix 5K, even over LDAC -where this can’t be made with ES100- however, to a certain extent, It is controlling from the source volume

Aug 23, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #1,273 of 4,750
Is it just me or is the official forum on the Qudelix website eerily quiet recently? Some questions/threads there have no replies, either from other members or from Qudelix themselves. I emailed the Qudelix support team several days ago (and then again yesterday) asking for some official documentation to assist me in getting customs clearance for my unit but so far I've yet to receive a reply. I expected them to be more responsive.

Aug 23, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #1,274 of 4,750
Perhaps @ClieOS might have a document that you could use..

Aug 23, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #1,275 of 4,750
Perhaps @ClieOS might have a document that you could use..

I don't. I was lucky enough to avoid custom harassment with my 5K package.

Basically anyone who want to import any electronics device into my country needs approval from one particular government owned company (*which has been given special authority to act as an official standard defining agency for all electronics). If your package of electronics get caught by custom, not only that you will need to pay import tax, you will also need a permit that proves that particular electronics is safe and legal to be operated in the country - the process usually involves going to that company, fill in a form and submit with official spec of the electronics (a copy of listed spec in the manual will do, so is print-out from a website), pay a reviewing fee and wait a few days for the permit to come out, then go back to custom to show them the permit as well as paying the import fee. As far as I know, that company never rejects any permit for normal electronics that is made for personal use (or another way of saying this: it is quick money for the government).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back