The Qudelix-5K thread
Aug 23, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #1,276 of 4,750
Perhaps @ClieOS might have a document that you could use..

That's alright, Qudelix support just got back to me with the manual etc a couple of hours ago. Apparently their support team doesn't work on weekends ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't. I was lucky enough to avoid custom harassment with my 5K package.

Basically anyone who want to import any electronics device into my country needs approval from one particular government owned company (*which has been given special authority to act as an official standard defining agency for all electronics). If your package of electronics get caught by custom, not only that you will need to pay import tax, you will also need a permit that proves that particular electronics is safe and legal to be operated in the country - the process usually involves going to that company, fill in a form and submit with official spec of the electronics (a copy of listed spec in the manual will do, so is print-out from a website), pay a reviewing fee and wait a few days for the permit to come out, then go back to custom to show them the permit as well as paying the import fee. As far as I know, that company never rejects any permit for normal electronics that is made for personal use (or another way of saying this: it is quick money for the government).

That's exactly right. I just hope I can get this sorted soon with minimal fuss and charges.

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #1,279 of 4,750
Does anyone know if there's a setting to make the 5K pause music playback when the headphone jack is removed?
I think removing balanced plug while music is being output can damage the DAC, always stop music before unplugging, I guess this is only a precaution for Balanced plug, I do it on both anyway.

Aug 28, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #1,282 of 4,750
Does anyone know if there's a setting to make the 5K pause music playback when the headphone jack is removed?
I too want this. It was a 'feature' I had to ask Shanling to implement on the M0. Maybe the same here? But I don't have a forum account on Qudelix...

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #1,283 of 4,750
After testing both the 5k and the btr5 I can say that overall I like the k5 more. The sound is slightly warmer but it really comes down to their app. I can add some bass by bumping the lower frequencies and the distortion is minimal. That being said I think it's not very powerful and this is a limitation of both these amp/dacs. They are too small to deliver some real power. I ended up getting the Ifi Hip Dac and it's simply on another league. I know it's not bluetooth but I thought I'd share the info for whoever might be interested in something without a bluetooth. The xbass feature is out of this world and the dac is on the warmer side. I own the Th-x00 MH.

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #1,284 of 4,750
I couldn't find this answet here - what are the differences in sound when applying filters in the app?

Aug 28, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #1,285 of 4,750
I couldn't find this answet here - what are the differences in sound when applying filters in the app?

The short answer is just pick one that sounds best to you.

The long answer is too long, enough to be an article on its own so let just say each filter has (or sometime lack of) different pre- and post- ringing, different roll-off speed in upper treble, and different phase delay. If you really need an detail answer, you can google article about 'PCM filters'

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #1,286 of 4,750
After testing both the 5k and the btr5 I can say that overall I like the k5 more. The sound is slightly warmer but it really comes down to their app. I can add some bass by bumping the lower frequencies and the distortion is minimal. That being said I think it's not very powerful and this is a limitation of both these amp/dacs. They are too small to deliver some real power. I ended up getting the Ifi Hip Dac and it's simply on another league. I know it's not bluetooth but I thought I'd share the info for whoever might be interested in something without a bluetooth. The xbass feature is out of this world and the dac is on the warmer side. I own the Th-x00 MH.
Which headphones you are using to test them?

Aug 29, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #1,288 of 4,750
When comparing the K5 with the BTR5 - which one has longer battery life? which one has better BT range?

As for EQ over LDAC, isn't this something that can be controlled on the phone (without an app)? At least on most Samsung phones there's a "Sound quality and effects" settings screen that includes a 9 band EQ and other options.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #1,289 of 4,750
When comparing the K5 with the BTR5 - which one has longer battery life? which one has better BT range?

As for EQ over LDAC, isn't this something that cab be controlled on the phone (without an app)? At least on most Samsung phones there's a "Sound quality and effects" settings screen that includes a 9 band EQ and other options.
If you plan on your phone being the only source than the LDAC EQ may not add much value to you. The Samsung isn't a parametric EQ but that might not matter either. You indeed could install another app that does PEQ if you want.

I use my bt receiver with multiple transmitters (phone, DAP, PC) so its kind of nice for the EQ setting to reside in the receiver.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #1,290 of 4,750
Somehow samsung eq mess around with my sound quality i never touch it. I just have the es 100 but the eq is much better then the samsung one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back