The Qudelix-5K thread
Aug 19, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #1,247 of 4,786
A week ago, PEQ was not even available. Now it is, and people turn to complaining about only 10 presets. Seriously? You've run out of presets already? It's all doable but a matter of priorities. I'd prefer that Qudelix work on other new features.
I don't even have the 5k. I actually probably wouldn't use more than 10 presets if I did. I'm just trying to explain how it seems like the system could be improved. It's exciting that a Bluetooth receiver with PEQ is finally available at all.

Aug 19, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #1,251 of 4,786
A week ago, PEQ was not even available. Now it is, and people turn to complaining about only 10 presets. Seriously? You've run out of presets already? It's all doable but a matter of priorities. I'd prefer that Qudelix work on other new features.

I fully agree with you, for me, 10 preset is enough, yet to import PEQ Settings is important. or it is just me as a beginner playing with PEQ, the settings can get overwhelming, so I decided to test the IEMs I have on Mac with AUNLabs and PEQ installed to get an idea on a sweat spot for my ears, and to port these settings back to the Q5K, but then manually; hence my question if there will be an import export features, also if you have multiple Q5Ks, and I would love to make them all the same. I owned several ES100 for example, one for the car, and one at home.

Aug 19, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #1,252 of 4,786
I fully agree with you, for me, 10 preset is enough, yet to import PEQ Settings is important. or it is just me as a beginner playing with PEQ, the settings can get overwhelming, so I decided to test the IEMs I have on Mac with AUNLabs and PEQ installed to get an idea on a sweat spot for my ears, and to port these settings back to the Q5K, but then manually; hence my question if there will be an import export features, also if you have multiple Q5Ks, and I would love to make them all the same. I owned several ES100 for example, one for the car, and one at home.
It would seem that they could support with changes to the app the ability to import files with a very specific format that they define. The limitation of 10 PEQ profiles is completely arbitrary and should be easily addressed - the app could hold a large number and you choose in the app which ones to load to the 5K (the 5K memory, table structure, or addressing scheme are probably the limiters).

These are all great ideas... let’s let the Qudelix team know of the ideas and give them time. These are still early days :)

Aug 20, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #1,253 of 4,786
Delivery of my 5K is scheduled for tomorrow by 5pm. That's just shy of 36 hours from the time I made the order. Considering the global situation now and assuming it arrives on time, that's some super fast shipping! Kudos to Fedex and the Qudelix team for shipping so fast :)

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #1,255 of 4,786
Found my recommended PEQ (as well as GEQ and other) settings
Have a go with https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results and select your headphones type
You should eq by your ear
These auto eq people just trying to hit a target whitout ever listening to this headphone besides ever seeing this headphone they just draw lines on paper

And why because someone said hey this is the ideal curve for everyone

No its not it is just the curve where the iec711 recieves things flat and i bet you have ears and not a iec711 build in your head

Aug 20, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #1,256 of 4,786
You should eq by your ear
These auto eq people just trying to hit a target whitout ever listening to this headphone besides ever seeing this headphone they just draw lines on paper

And why because someone said hey this is the ideal curve for everyone

No its not it is just the curve where the iec711 recieves things flat and i bet you have ears and not a iec711 build in your head
Rest your mind. I know that.
Mostly I prefer to disable EQ (use bit-perfect where possible)

The reason for posting was for those addressing PEQ in the latest posts.

Anyway, thanks.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #1,257 of 4,786
Got my tracking number today, it’s supposed to get here on Thursday, that would be the fastest I’ve ever got a package

Yeah, I was surprised it only took 3 days to be delivered. Even more surprising is the package arrived in the country within 12 hours. The only time progress worked slow is when it was waiting for customs clearing. LOL

Aug 20, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #1,258 of 4,786
Hey guys. Just ordered both the Btr5 and the Qk5. I already got the btr5 and get the qk5 tomorrow. I got them from amazon so I will return the one I like least. Question: how is the PEQ of the K5 going to be better than the one from the Fiio? I mean I get it that the K5 is parametric so you have more flexibility but what about the quality of sound? I have been using the Boom 3d app for my Mac without an external dAC and it's crazy how much better it is as an EQ app than the iTunes one. I mostly listen to bass heavy music on Spotify.

Aug 20, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #1,259 of 4,786
Try them both and let us know!

Only your ears can tell you what they like.

On Mac I can recommend Audio Hijack as a container for FabFilter Pro Q 3 (audio units) plug in on playback of 96k 24 bit audio from Amazon Music HD. I love it.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #1,260 of 4,786
Try them both and let us know!

Only your ears can tell you what they like.

On Mac I can recommend Audio Hijack as a container for FabFilter Pro Q 3 (audio units) plug in on playback of 96k 24 bit audio from Amazon Music HD. I love it.

+1 for Audio Hijack, highly recommended for many applications.

I don't have any experience with FabFilter Pro Q 3, but I use Audio Hijack along with AUNBandEQ (Free), which gives me parametric EQ settings, plays nicely on Mac for any application I want.

I am playing with it (easier on Mac than on Q5k app) to tune my Shure SE846 to a meaningful sound -to my ears- which I can replicate and test on the Q5K; hence my earlier question about import/export features on Q5K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back