The Qudelix-5K thread
May 15, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #4,786 of 4,823
Can some normal active 5K using community hang out? Not jaded types who should move on with their lives and their other DACs lol.😀
Not sure what it is about this device that seems to inspire a strangely hyper-devoted fan base. Seems like at least once a month on this thread I find someone new to put on my ignore list because they start getting personal. I use my 5K daily, but it's a tool, not a beloved family member.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #4,788 of 4,823
I think my 5k has just died the batter got quite low. I connected it to a USB Wall charger.

I noticed the lights started to flicker in a way I'd not seen before. Then either I powered it off or it just died while connected to the charger and it was quite warm/hot to touch.

Has anyone one experienced this and revived it or it it dead?

Actually it smells a little burned out...

R.I.P. little wonder.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #4,789 of 4,823
I think my 5k has just died the batter got quite low. I connected it to a USB Wall charger.

I noticed the lights started to flicker in a way I'd not seen before. Then either I powered it off or it just died while connected to the charger and it was quite warm/hot to touch.

Has anyone one experienced this and revived it or it it dead?

Actually it smells a little burned out...

R.I.P. little wonder.
Bummer. Still under warranty?

May 18, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #4,792 of 4,823
I have to admit I see the funny side of researching these things and waiting to trig pull for ages, then I eagerly join the group and it, "I don't even use the 5k anymore, its in the bottom drawer" this, "my 5ks dead" that, "what's the better version of the outdated 5K these days,better battery better power" this. 😄 🤣. Don't bother I'm joking.

May 18, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #4,793 of 4,823
My Qudelix 5K is still going strong. I got mine in June 2020. No complaints here. Even if it did die on me today, I definitely got my money's worth and would just buy another one. If a successor were to come out shortly thereafter, I would buy that one too. Been very happy with it. Pretty much just use it with Shure SE846 IEMs so more than enough power for my use case.

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #4,794 of 4,823
My Qudelix 5K is still going strong. I got mine in Ju e 2020. No complaints here. Even if it did die on my today, I definitely got my money's worth and would just buy another one. If a successor were to come out shortly thereafter, I would buy that one too. Been very happy with it. Pretty much just use it with Shure SE846 IEMs so more than enough power for my use case.
I've had ie600s since February 2023 and just run them from my Samsung A13 jack since. I invested the 5 quid for Wavelet, and a tenner for UAPP, but the volume ceilings never been great. Wavelets Limiter is always maxed. The 5k will have plenty of proper volume. And I presume I'll be retiring Wavelet , but I'll always think of it kindly,, EQ is fun. And the profile I use for ie600 is Andromeda 2020.. Just sounds cleaner....
I was very tempted by GoBlu for its analog widener and bass buttons to be pressed down at the same time
But I think will like the digital sound of the 5K anyway, it's mostly IDM music.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #4,796 of 4,823
The 5k has been around for quite some time now. I was wondering if there’s anything that competes with it that has similar features like its EQ capabilities but with higher power, newer Bluetooth standards and better battery life?
If you want to stretch it out a bit maybe the BTR7.

Just kidding, no, it's not even close in terms of software. It's much better than when it launched but it still only supports 3 profiles (at least then can be renamed now) and the interface is crap compared to the 5k. It sounds freaking great and has better power output though so definitely an option and at least for me it has great and consistent battery life compared to the Qudelix.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 5:50 AM Post #4,797 of 4,823
has better power output
Power output difference imo isnt worth mentioning as a pro for the BTR7, as in reality 320mw its a 1db loudness difference over 240mw. Also max voltage output is 3.2v on the balanced port fpr the BTR7, while its 4v on the 5K, meaning 5K will be louder with higher impedance headphones.

Edit:
Also noise floor of 5.5uV for the BTR7 on the balanced is high, and i think it has some potential of having hiss with high sensitivity iems. Dont have the device so im just assuming, based on E1DA Powerdac 2.1 i used to have, which had around 7uV noise floor if i recall correctly, and it had hiss even with iems with 100db/mw sensitivity.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #4,798 of 4,823
Power output difference imo isnt worth mentioning as a pro for the BTR7, as in reality 320mw its a 1db loudness difference over 240mw. Also max voltage output is 3.2v on the balanced port fpr the BTR7, while its 4v on the 5K, meaning 5K will be louder with higher impedance headphones.

Edit:
Also noise floor of 5.5uV for the BTR7 on the balanced is high, and i think it has some potential of having hiss with high sensitivity iems. Dont have the device so im just assuming, based on E1DA Powerdac 2.1 i used to have, which had around 7uV noise floor if i recall correctly, and it had hiss even with iems with 100db/mw sensitivity.

If you get the chance, I would suggest listening to the BTR7.
Many (including me) appreciate it for how it sounds.

May 19, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #4,800 of 4,823
If you want to stretch it out a bit maybe the BTR7.

Just kidding, no, it's not even close in terms of software. It's much better than when it launched but it still only supports 3 profiles (at least then can be renamed now) and the interface is crap compared to the 5k. It sounds freaking great and has better power output though so definitely an option and at least for me it has great and consistent battery life compared to the Qudelix.
And the BTR7 is also twice the price of the 5K. In that price range, I'd start considering things like DAPs and newer non-bluetooth dongles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back