The Portable BASS kings..The Pioneer HDJ500 vs AKG 518 LE vs The first look at the new AT WS55 Solid Bass
Jul 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #451 of 458
Quote:
I'm looking for closed (read less leaking) cans than my Koss Porta Pro. How does K518, HDJ500, WS55 and S500 compare to the KPP?

Out of all those I think you would probably want the JVCs. Those are amazing for the price. Carbon Nanotube drivers are no joke. Try them out.. If I remember my Porta Pro. I ended up selling them a while ago form memory they sounded good but I remember an good clean open sound. Not good bass kinda messy sounding actually. I think they were great for the price. The JVCs are even better deal for the money.. I think your ready to hear something newer. Check them out. I think the WS55 is a good one but the JVCs win out in sound. The WS55 has a better isolation. I have a WS99. The sound is crazy good. But one phone at a time. Check out the HA-S500.

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #455 of 458
How much better is the WS99 over the WS55? Is it a better investment?

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #456 of 458
A complete other level. 53mm full sized big boy drivers with new AT house tuning  vs an older 40mm driver. 

If you can save a bit for the WS99. They are completely worth the money. Another one I can suggest is the new ATH-ES700. Both are tops at what they do. Search headfi do your research if you like the sound description I would go for either one.. Both are leaps over the WS55.

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #457 of 458
Quote:
Out of all those I think you would probably want the JVCs. Those are amazing for the price. Carbon Nanotube drivers are no joke. Try them out.. If I remember my Porta Pro. I ended up selling them a while ago form memory they sounded good but I remember an good clean open sound. Not good bass kinda messy sounding actually. I think they were great for the price. The JVCs are even better deal for the money.. I think your ready to hear something newer. Check them out. I think the WS55 is a good one but the JVCs win out in sound. The WS55 has a better isolation. I have a WS99. The sound is crazy good. But one phone at a time. Check out the HA-S500.

Thanks I've made an order, I wasn't fully convinced by listening to the HA-S600 for a couple of songs, but I understand the S500 is a different thing, and with the low price I don't run any risks anyway. And if I want more bass ATH pads are the way to go (does this means any ATH pads or are all the same?)

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #458 of 458
You figure because of the number scheme the HA-S600 would be the greater phone. Better yet there is a HA-S700 and a HA-S900...None of these compare to the HA-S500. The HA-S500 is new compared to the others and are the only ones using carbon nanotubes. The HA-S600 has some wonky sounding mids so those are being used for modding at the moment. The HA-S700s are the worst sounding headphones I have ever heard. The HA-S900 never really appealed to me.

But the HA-S500 are the way to go. A complete different experience in sound. As far as pads go the best ones for the money to replace the stiff stock ones are ATH-WS55 pads. Works great, softer and larger, way more comfier than stock. The other ATH pad your referring to works well but are more shallow on the head. Both the pads sound great and lessens the bass a bit which balances the sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back