The Portable BASS kings..The Pioneer HDJ500 vs AKG 518 LE vs The first look at the new AT WS55 Solid Bass
May 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #346 of 458
Oh yea you lucked out. I hope those are in great shape for you. You just don't see those at that price or those used period. Give us an update once you get them.

May 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #347 of 458
Quote:
I just finalized this purchase.  my patience seems to have paid off.  can't wait to get these puppies.

Congrats! 

May 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #348 of 458
thanks.  I also picked up a set of refurb xb500 for real cheap.  Cheap enough that I dont mind the fact that I wont be using them all the time.  Hd a set a while back and they were heaven for certain types of music but disappointing for everything else.  Should be a fun weekend

May 11, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #349 of 458
Well, dsnuts, you were right. These cans are pretty good in the bass department after all. They aren't very boomy nor punchy, but they sure can deliver the low-end when the track calls for it. I'm not one to subscribe to extreme burn-in, but it's been going for about 12+ hours now. The sound is pretty good for the price; of course, I bought this simply for the tag that says "Solid Bass", and I must say, I'm not too disappointed in it. It's certainly not a king in quantity, but at its price range, it certainly outstrips a lot of the other cans in bass quality. I'm loving it. :)

May 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #350 of 458
Quote:
Well, dsnuts, you were right. These cans are pretty good in the bass department after all. They aren't very boomy nor punchy, but they sure can deliver the low-end when the track calls for it. I'm not one to subscribe to extreme burn-in, but it's been going for about 12+ hours now. The sound is pretty good for the price; of course, I bought this simply for the tag that says "Solid Bass", and I must say, I'm not too disappointed in it. It's certainly not a king in quantity, but at its price range, it certainly outstrips a lot of the other cans in bass quality. I'm loving it. :)

Listen to some trance music...
wink_face.gif

May 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #352 of 458
Got my WS55 and ran it through a few tracks that I am familiar with.  Sounds great, I am happy with my purchase.  The cans are a bit light but they are supposed to be I guess.  we will see how they hold up.  they barely fit over my ears but that is fine too.  Much more comfortable than the AKG 181dj that I couldn't keep on my head for more than 30 minutes.  All in all, good purchase.

May 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #353 of 458
anybody put bigger pads on the ws55?  I wish they were just a little bit bigger.  I stuffed some ethernet cabling underneath to put a little space between my ear and the driver and that helps some bu these would be ab it more comfy with slightly larger pads.

May 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #354 of 458
Quote:
anybody put bigger pads on the ws55?  I wish they were just a little bit bigger.  I stuffed some ethernet cabling underneath to put a little space between my ear and the driver and that helps some bu these would be ab it more comfy with slightly larger pads.

Ideally, I'd like some pads that made them truly circumaural.  Interesting idea with the cabling you added....I think I'll take the cotton that was stuffed inside the pads on my broken Cortex CHP-2500's and put it in the WS55 pads, one of these days. 

May 17, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #355 of 458
Quote:
Ideally, I'd like some pads that made them truly circumaural.  Interesting idea with the cabling you added....I think I'll take the cotton that was stuffed inside the pads on my broken Cortex CHP-2500's and put it in the WS55 pads, one of these days. 

Yes. I really have no idea why AT calls the WS55 a circumaural can. The pads are way too small to even cover my ears. The PRO700MK2 already had a pretty small cup diameter, but the WS55 takes it even lower. It could be a design choice after all. Still, if they had bigger pads, the WS55s would be a lot more comfortable.

May 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #356 of 458
Love Love Love these. Bass is just where it should be, not boomy but very precise. The mids are presented so well on these it makes my rock sound phenomenal. Definitely overtakes the CAL's as my favourite cans. 

May 18, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #357 of 458
Got a chance to listen to the beats solo from a friend of my son and yes the bass is good and strong but the mids and highs hahaha it's just not there all mudded up in the bass LOL so happy i could put my ws55 on after them and man what a difference so happy with them!!!!

May 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #358 of 458
Quote:
Got a chance to listen to the beats solo from a friend of my son and yes the bass is good and strong but the mids and highs hahaha it's just not there all mudded up in the bass LOL so happy i could put my ws55 on after them and man what a difference so happy with them!!!!

I tried the Beats Studios, and I wasn't impressed at all. And my WS55's don't need batteries....lol.

May 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #359 of 458
Quote:

I shrug when friends with Beats headphones rave all about the bass impact. One even told me no other headphone could reproduce the beats like his Dr Dre cans. No kidding.

May 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #360 of 458
Dsnuts I am wandering If these will be a worthy upgrade over the HTF-600  pannys I trust your judgement I just rather not shell out 80$ unless I am sure I am going to love them. I do love bass and I am reading very nice reviews just need to be sure =). and how are they comfort wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back