The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #108 of 325
If I had Nozomi-chan with me, I'd be holidaying with her in Bora Bora instead of doing a head-fi meet in Perth :wink:!!!

On a more serious & sad note, my TH900 didn't survive the plane trip despite hand-carry!! The left earcup broke off the headband at the swivel. Looks like you guys will need to hold the cup over your ear but it'll affect the sound signature I'm sure.

Times like these I'm so glad I met the Fostex chaps on Saturday. Hopefully they'll remember me when I get back to Tokyo to get it fixed.

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #109 of 325
Quote:
If I had Nozomi-chan with me, I'd be holidaying with her in Bora Bora instead of doing a head-fi meet in Perth
wink.gif
!!!
On a more serious & sad note, my TH900 didn't survive the plane trip despite hand-carry!! The left earcup broke off the headband at the swivel. Looks like you guys will need to hold the cup over your ear but it'll affect the sound signature I'm sure.
Times like these I'm so glad I met the Fostex chaps on Saturday. Hopefully they'll remember me when I get back to Tokyo to get it fixed.

!!!
eek.gif
!!! Your $2000 headphone got damaged! Sounds like it might need an Audeze travel box. I wonder how fragile it is... I'm less concerned about us listening to it and more on you getting it replaced/repaired on warranty. Hope it works out alright!

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #110 of 325
Hello there guys,

Just found this thread & am about to be knocked of my internet access at the public library. Would like to attend another meet but my quick impression here is that it is mainly portables that will be here at the meet and am only interested in not portable systems at the moment.
Apologies if I cannot get to you again today.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #111 of 325
Hi guys,

No reply so I guess no one keeping tabs here at the moment.

I have no issue contributing to costs for room hire for this. Most any day is suitable for me.

Can bring Rega Apollo CD, Yaquin CD1 tube buffer, AKG K701, Audeze LCD 2, Sennheiser HD650, Corda Headamp 2 MkII, Matrix M Stage.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #112 of 325
Sorry 701, didn't mean to ignore you. There's actually a private PM group post of those that's going to meet. We're going to meet on Saturday instead.

@temporaryname, as you own the PM, could you modify to add 701 to the private PM so that he/she knows where we're meeting?

BTW, between S'pore to Perth, now there's a scratch on the housing too. That one worries me more than the broken swivel 'cos the broken swivel can just be replaced. The scratch on that housing...ohhh. Anyhow, you guys still can listen to it my manually holding the left cup to your ear however it's not going to be a true representation of the sound anymore - soundstage will change, even the bass (depending on how hard you hold it on your ear, etc.).

Luckily I met the Fostex guys on Saturday at the Tokyo Portable Show. It's still under warranty (for the swivel at least, not the scratch) and I hope they remember me when I get back to Tokyo at the end of the month.

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #113 of 325
@AnakChan - Travel Insurance? If so didn't your 009's, get stolen too 
wink_face.gif

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #114 of 325
Quote:
@AnakChan - Travel Insurance? If so didn't your 009's, get stolen too 
wink_face.gif

Unfortunately I didn't. Bummer! I should have considered it.

My only worry about my 009's is my wife getting pissed off at me and throwing them into the bin, or selling it and keeping the cash!

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #115 of 325
Thank you all! Today's meet was great and I'm glad to have met you lot! We had VentureCraft Go-DAPs, V-Moda VAmps, (broken) Fostex TH900, RSA SR-71B, Unique Melody Merlins, FitEar TO GO! 334, PSB M4U 2, Ortofon eQ-5 & eQ-7, ALO Audio Rx Mk3's, CLASes, iBasso DX100s, Senn IE8, Bose P5's, Smeggy's ThunderPants, AKG K550, iBasso PB12, Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro, Westone 4's, Qusp's custom Beyerdynamics DT1350, V-Mod M-80, Hifiman HE-500, HM-801, and a classic Yamaha HPE-160 even!!

Don't think I missed anything but if I did, please feel free to correct me :D.

Kremer930, Room40, temporaryname, AnakChan

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #116 of 325
Thanks Anakchan. Never thought that I would drool over a set of universals but those fit ears were pretty special.

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #118 of 325
Can't believe, after checking and checking....i walked away for a fortnight and this happened.. LOL. -__- 

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #119 of 325
bummer, signed on for notifications for this thread

Jul 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #120 of 325
For a low key and quickly organized mini meet, it was overflowing with toys. We barely had enough room to put down our coffees. A special thanks again to Anakchan for bringing so much gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back