The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #91 of 325
@Room40, not certain if I can bring back my SR-009's unless you have a 240V electrostatic amp lying around :wink:. Lugging around a SRM-727A and stepdown (240V->100V converter) into my suitcase and carrying into a cafe might be a little bit of a problem :wink:.

@temporaryname, sure! I've been in Japan for 12.5 yrs going back to Perth 1-2x a year to catch up with folks. Can give you my perspective of this city.

Jun 23, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #92 of 325
Quote:
@Room40, not certain if I can bring back my SR-009's unless you have a 240V electrostatic amp lying around :wink:. Lugging around a SRM-727A and stepdown (240V->100V converter) into my suitcase and carrying into a cafe might be a little bit of a problem :wink:.

@temporaryname, sure! I've been in Japan for 12.5 yrs going back to Perth 1-2x a year to catch up with folks. Can give you my perspective of this city.

No probs.. dry Aussie humour didn't translate very well.. there was no way Id expect you to lug your Stax 
beerchug.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #93 of 325
@Room40, I've must been out of Oz for too long missing that Aussie humour!!

Anyhow, here's a Tokyo meet we had today. Thought I'd share the pix here to give you guys an idea what kinda gear we're carrying :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/611943/casual-tokyo-get-together/15#post_8479129

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #94 of 325
Count me in. My rigs are in my signature line. Happy to bring all portable stuff to a cafe.

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #95 of 325
So I'm booked to be back in Perth between 10th -> 21st July. I do have to spend some time with my folks (which is why I'm going back in the first place), but I'm probably happy doing 1-2 meets if people are free.

I've got some gear to bring back for you guys to try but prefer not to bring back the whole lot. So here's what I could bring back and if there's anything ppl want to listen to, then maybe I can prioritise :-

1) Fostex TH900
    - I can bring this back but only if ppl really wanna listen to this 'cos it is a somewhat bigger headphone
2) FitEar TO GO! 334
3) Unique Melody Merlins
   - well they're custom to my ears but you could give it a shot if you wanted - I can bring the earbud wipes
4) Ortofon eQ-5
5) Ortofon eQ-7
6) VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0 (AD8397, OPA1612, AD8066)
   - let me know which OpAmp! I don't mind bringing 2 to compare but prefer not to bring all 3!
7) V-Moda VAmp
   - pretty much the same/similar to the Go-DAP OPA1612
8) iBasso DX100
9) CypherLabs Algorhythm Solo
10) ALO Audio Rx Mk3
11) Ray Samuels (RSA) SR-71B

I'm _GOING_ to try to see if I can score a pre-prod V-Moda M-100, and VentureCraft Go-DAP X but no guarantees.

So let me know your preferences.

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #96 of 325
I would like to do back to back comparisons between the 71/b and the rx3. Would also like to compare your rx3 to mine. I am easy with times. Will try to fit in with the group preference on time/ date. Cheers

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #97 of 325
Quote:

1) Fostex TH900
2) FitEar TO GO! 334
3) Unique Melody Merlins

Mostly the FitEars though.

I was discussing a venue for this meet with a fellow audiophile friend. I'm happy to host it in my place to give us a more comfortable (and quiet) listening environment, one with power points, no time restrictions and we can have beer! However I'm going to need an agreed upon date and time and numbers more importantly. My place is pretty damn small. If more than 8 are interested, than we'll see if we can use my friends place (which can easily accomodate up to 50 people). However, that'll be trickier to organise.

That said, I'm currently available on:

Tues 10th
Wed 11th
Thur 12th
Fri 13th (unavail 18:00 to 09:00)
Sat 14th (unavail 18:00 to 09:00)
Sun 15th
Mon 16th
Tues 17th
Wed 18th
Thur 19th
Fri 20th
Sat 21st

I vote for Sunday night (15th). My roster will change however I can give away a Sunday shift if I get one (double time, everyone wants to work Sunday).

Everyone who's interested, please post with your vote. :)

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #98 of 325
Quote:

Sat 14th (unavail 18:00 to 09:00)

Sat 21st

Everyone who's interested, please post with your vote. :)

Temporaryname/AnakChan/Kremer930 Et al

As discussed I will tag along but am lacking gear at the moment due to saving up for some Stax and accompanying amp.

1. Saturdays (day) & Sundays (day) are best for me however am able to meet weeknights if thats what everybody ends up wanting. Just can't do Monday and Tuesday due to kid's commitments.

Like the idea of a coffee shop but again happy to meet at somebody's house if thats what everybody wants. I know the Dome on the corner of Hay and Milligan is central.

Will bring my my DX100/P5s and possibly some Amperior's and RX3B (if I get them by then). Can bring my AKGs K550s as a warning in case you get drunk one day and fall for buying them 
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #99 of 325
@AnakChan - bring your warm clothes as Im scraping ice off my windscreen in the mornings at the moment

Jul 2, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #101 of 325
@Room40/@temporaryname, July 15th sounds like a good time then. Say afternoon around 3 p.m. somewhere? We'll do PM to keep details private (location, phone contact details, etc.). Anyone else who wants to make it, speak now or forever hold your peace! Hereafter more detailed coordination may happen on PM instead.

Ack on the SR-71B, RxMk3, TH900's, FitEars TG!334, and UM Merlins. I'll probably bring either the Go-DAP or the VAmp too to sorta the kinds of things Japan comes up with that may be hard for you guys to demo (as such the purpose of the meet!!).

I'm probably interested in selling the SR-71B & the CLAS if anyone is interested - let me know & I'll bring back the box & adapter, etc.

Thx for the tip on the warm clothing :wink:. I'm so used to Japan's summer and completely forgot about winter in Perth!!

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #102 of 325
I think the 15th will work for me too. Arvo is best. I can bring all the portable gear in my sig but most of it seems to be covered already.

Jul 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #104 of 325
So just to bump up this thread, this meet is definitely happening with the 4 of us as temporaryname mentioned. If anyone else wants to come along or know of friends who are audio enthusiasts, feel free to tell them a meet's going on :D.

Jul 8, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #105 of 325
@AnakChan

Will you be bringing her along too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back