The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #61 of 325
So here is the end result, shall I press the send button ?

I'm writing on behalf of a group of audiophiles based in Perth, WA, who are planning a meet where everyone auditions each others gear for fun and experimentation. At the moment we are seeking a venue. I'm writing to ask if you would be interested in hosting the meet or be involved in some capacity. Hosting meets or attending them often benefits members of the trade, and provides them with potential new business, purchasing of gear in store can also be encouraged by letting the guests audition some of your gear. We are currently organising the details of this meet on the audiophile forum head-fi.org. While Headphonics is well known around Australia, it is not very often talked about on Head-Fi. Hosting a meet could potentially bring in extra profits and more customers in the future. I'll be visiting the store to get myself a pair Shure SE215 soon, perhaps we can talk about it further then ? Of course a email response, something I can directly quote and show the other audiophiles on Head-Fi would be a better option in my opinion.

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #62 of 325

Quote:
A discount would certainly tempt me into buying something off them.  They are very helpful but woudnt budge on price.  I wanted a set of DT1350 and offered them $20 less than their asking price and they wouldnt go for it.  So I bought them from the US for $100 less, landed.

I appreciate that they cant compete against the import prices but their service is really good and I would pay a premium to support them.  Just not a massive premium.

That's where I'm coming from. I'm interested in top of the line gear which begs a high price. If I were to have any discount I would jump on the opportunity. An opportunity to listen to the gear in depth would also cement my decision to buy it then and there.

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #63 of 325

Quote:
So here is the end result, shall I press the send button ?

Dear Headphonics (or the name of whoever you're writing to, if you know it)

I'm writing on behalf of a group of audiophiles based in Perth, WA, who are planning a meet where everyone auditions each others gear for fun and experimentation. At the moment we are seeking a venue. I'm writing to ask if you would be interested in hosting the meet or be involved in some capacity. Hosting meets or attending them often benefits members of the trade, and provides them with potential new business, purchasing of gear in store can also be encouraged by letting the guests audition some of your gear. We are currently organising the details of this meet on the audiophile forum head-fi.org. While Headphonics is well known around Australia, it is not very often talked about on Head-Fi. Hosting a meet could potentially bring in extra profits and more customers in the future.

I'll be visiting the store to get myself a pair Shure SE215 soon which would give us an opportunity to discuss it further if you are interested.

Kind regards,
Parall3l.

-------------------

That's what I'd change.

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #66 of 325
Here is the response, I apologize for the delay. 

Hi Fan (<-- My name),

We have hosted Head-Fi meets in the past, but as most West Australians have had access to us for 10 years the turnout has generally been quite small.
We already allow the demo of the majority of our range, so unless people are bringing a large range of products that we don't stock there's not going to be much new for people to test.

In regards to venue : we don't actually have a great deal of spare space, especially not during business hours, but if it were to be arranged outside business hours our showroom and demo products could technically be used :)

Remember: we're open 6 days a week and allow people to demo products in store for as long as they need, so every day is a headphone meet here :)

Regards,

Marcus Miller
Headphonic Australia

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #67 of 325
Quote:
Here is the response, I apologize for the delay. 

Hi Fan (<-- My name),

We have hosted Head-Fi meets in the past, but as most West Australians have had access to us for 10 years the turnout has generally been quite small.
We already allow the demo of the majority of our range, so unless people are bringing a large range of products that we don't stock there's not going to be much new for people to test.

In regards to venue : we don't actually have a great deal of spare space, especially not during business hours, but if it were to be arranged outside business hours our showroom and demo products could technically be used :)

Remember: we're open 6 days a week and allow people to demo products in store for as long as they need, so every day is a headphone meet here :)

Regards,

Marcus Miller
Headphonic Australia

Cool, so it's a possibility then. I'd prefer the meet to be outside of business hours... just more convenient for me.
We'd need to get back to them with numbers. Hopefully, there'll be enough people coming with gear that they don't stock to justify it for them.

Last time I went there to listen to the LCD-3's, I heard them through the Talisman amp. I really wasn't impressed. My friends LCD-2's sound better out of my HM-801. I'd love to be able to listen to it on a proper rig.... But they don't have much of a selection of amps. Not anything really expensive and high performance anyway (not that it needs to be expensive in order to perform well... I'm just talking top tier).

I guess we should start discussing dates and times, contacting interested members and keep a running tally.

Head-fiers interested in meet during May:
1. Temporaryname

(add your names to the list)

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #71 of 325

1. Temporaryname
2. Parall3l
3. Kremer930
4. Nihaz
5. Buckles ...not the weekend of May 26 if it can be helped. Getting Married! :D ) ...mind you i'm only one person so leave me by the way side if it's not doable :) 

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #72 of 325

Quote:

1. Temporaryname
2. Parall3l
3. Kremer930
4. Nihaz
5. Buckles ...not the weekend of May 26 if it can be helped. Getting Married! :D ) ...mind you i'm only one person so leave me by the way side if it's not doable :) 

Congratulations!
beerchug.gif
tongue_smile.gif

May's a long month. How does Saturday the 12th of May sound to everyone? If anyone else has commitments during May, make it known and we'll rule those dates out. Hopefully, we'll be left with a date where everyone is free.

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #74 of 325

Quote:

Congratulations!
beerchug.gif
tongue_smile.gif

May's a long month. How does Saturday the 12th of May sound to everyone? If anyone else has commitments during May, make it known and we'll rule those dates out. Hopefully, we'll be left with a date where everyone is free.

Thanks! :) It's a big month for Me. Birthday on the 11th too :) ..I may have some extra spending Money for Headphonic :wink: 

wink.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #75 of 325
So any updates? Not many people adding their names to the list.

Also, headphonics have some great stuff that you can audition, like the HD800, I'd recommend going down there. They have a good price for Shures. Convinced a friend of mine to save up for the SRH750DJ last time I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back