The PENON official thread
Apr 3, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #13,381 of 14,143
Speaking of Quattro. Recently did a cable review for Lavricables. If you guys don't know Lavricables based out of Latvia. These guys are serious sound heads. Making over 100 plus products with only pure silver including their Master Silver cable shown here. Gotta say Quattro sounds lovely with this cable one of the best synergies for a pure silver cable. I paired this with the warm ISN NEO5 as well and with equally stunning results. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lavricable-master-silver-v4.27143/review/33424/
Just checked those cables: over my budget 😥 .

Any idea for in-between ? I like to test pure silver, but ~550 EUR is a lot for a cable.

Edit: 394 EUR inc VAT and shipping: still too much.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #13,384 of 14,143
AG8 is also a very good match with the Quattro and a good solid value at the asking price. Not too many thicker 8 core pure silver cables in that price range. I dont think there is another cable like it in existance anywhere near that price actually. I did a comparison of that Lavricable against the AG8 and it was using the TSMR-X but when I tried out the quattro using the AG8. It sounded just as good using the AG8 on the Quattro.

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #13,385 of 14,143
I have been under the spell of CFA Trifecta for the past week...wow, I understand the conflicting opinions completely as it sounds unlike any other iem I've heard while still delivering everything I'm looking for. But in my opinion, it's a Masterwork deserving of the accolades it does get.

But that's really not the point. After listening for the last 4 hours today, I set it down and picked up Quattro to see how I would feel. Even using Quattro with a lesser dap than I was using with Trifecta.

All I can say is, if Trifecta is a masterpiece, Quattro is a brother from another mother, from a third world country obviously considering it's around 1/10 the price!

Quattro has been on my radar a while, and interest piqued again now that I've Monachaa on loan - how do you find one vs the other?

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #13,386 of 14,143
Also new ISN Audio T-OCC cable incoming, along with new ISN Audio H60 Universal IEM!
Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 11.20.44 AM.png

ISN T-OCC Audiophile IEM Cable

Model: T-OCC
Triple copper combination, three diameters
2 shares, 181 cores per share
Outer diameter is 2.5 , 18AWG wire
98 cores 0.08 frozen single crystal copper
48 cores 0.06 Quenched single crystal copper
35 cores 0.05 Copper-silver alloy
OFC 2-pin 0.78mm connector
3.5mm audio/4.4mm balanced OFC plug
Aluminum CNC alloy cutting integrated slider
The solder joints is silver–contained tin
Secondary oxidation gold foil gold ring
Cable length: 1.2M

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 11.21.56 AM.png

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #13,388 of 14,143
Apr 4, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #13,390 of 14,143
Apr 4, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #13,391 of 14,143
As they say, there is always a first time for everything. As for me, this brand. Here are some early sound impressions.
FB_IMG_1712219737152.jpg

• bass is on another level. One of the cleanest bass ive heard. Its as if it has its own space everytime. Tbh, the quantity of bass here is a bit too much for my taste but the realism of bass guitars and drum kicks are too good! It's impossible to not love this kind of detailed lows. (I'm still using the 2 switch which is the default. Switch 3 will lessen the bass but I'm letting the sound sink in at the moment.)
• texture is well defined. Instruments have that grit and detail but not sounding too edgy.
• separation and layering is sublime. Every element has its own space for it to be heard.
• fit is a bit tricky. Have to find a more suitable size of eartip. My usual go to M size didn't work. I have to switch to S size to get proper seal. One might need to consider adjusting to different size than your usual go to.
• vocals is not forward or recessed. Just rightly placed.
• i can hear some extra reverberation similar to how BC driver present. I think this is due to the vented drivers.
• stock cable doesn't have L or R indication.
• detail retrieval is amazing. Underlying overtones of percussive instruments that I've not heard before are brought to light.
• instrument placing is spot on. Each has their own place on the stage presentation.
• has a sense of 3d sound presentation
• timbre is accurate and proper. I can even hear and dissect the bass guitar from the drum kick.
• lows are punchy but not edgy. Realism.
• instrument separation can rival even my TOTL Mest mkiii.

I'm excited to review these to the fullest! Would like to thank some people for the loaner unit and giving me the opportunity to hear these puppies. Eiji Zerstorer Romero and Sandeep Agarwal of Audio Geek "Brother_Hood of Audiophiles" and Penon Audio for giving the Philippine group a chance to hear your gears!

I shall enjoy these for 2 weeks. 😎😎 Cheers!

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #13,393 of 14,143
Penon TotemType-C to Type-C HiFi USB Audio Cable

Description
2 shares, 334 cores per share
Single crystal copper silver-plated Litz type-6 & Palladium-plated pure silver & Single crystal copper plated with pure gold
Outer diameter:2.5mm
Length:about 13cm in total

$69.00
Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 8.10.50 PM.png

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #13,394 of 14,143

Users who are viewing this thread

Back