The PENON official thread
Apr 15, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #4,561 of 13,657
Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #4,564 of 13,657
Apr 15, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #4,567 of 13,657
Does anyone happen to know the nozzle diameter for the Serial? I want to try out SpinFits with it.

Apr 15, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #4,568 of 13,657
Apr 16, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #4,569 of 13,657
Serial is in the house! First off, I am really impressed with the build quality, looks, and fit.
Also, you sure can't beat expedited shipping with DHL for an extra $10, and it only took 5 days to get to me in Texas.

Let the burn-in begin with fun times ahead. . .

Apr 16, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #4,570 of 13,657
Serial is in the house! First off, I am really impressed with the build quality, looks, and fit.
Also, you sure can't beat expedited shipping with DHL for an extra $10, and it only took 5 days to get to me in Texas.

Let the burn-in begin with fun times ahead. . .
Nice! Still waiting on mine. Love to hear your impressions!

Apr 16, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #4,571 of 13,657
First listen with my Serials has begun, and my first impressions are that these things are legit. I can hear something special already, and can't wait until they are fully burned-in. This is my first pair of Penon iems, and with what I am hearing right now, I now for certain they will not be my last.

Other than the sound, the fit is absolutely fantastic and they slide in my ears like they were made for each other.

Back to the music and burn-in. . .

Apr 17, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #4,573 of 13,657
First listen with my Serials has begun, and my first impressions are that these things are legit. I can hear something special already, and can't wait until they are fully burned-in. This is my first pair of Penon iems, and with what I am hearing right now, I now for certain they will not be my last.

Other than the sound, the fit is absolutely fantastic and they slide in my ears like they were made for each other.

Back to the music and burn-in. . .

Congrats!
I won't be surprised you'll notice soon enough, the tuning and staging akin to full size cans.
Also, I won't be surprised, you'd go for the Volts, but right now ENJOY your music with the Serials - wait till you reach hr.500 weathering (burn-in) The only thing missing from the Serials is the clamping force...

Apr 17, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #4,574 of 13,657
Congrats!
I won't be surprised you'll notice soon enough, the tuning and staging akin to full size cans.
Also, I won't be surprised, you'd go for the Volts, but right now ENJOY your music with the Serials - wait till you reach hr.500 weathering (burn-in) The only thing missing from the Serials is the clamping force...
You nailed it! The Serial sure do sound big and I have not even felt the desire to fire up my full sized system since getting them. Also, the Volts have been on my radar since they were released and now that I have had a taste of what Penon can do, they are my next iem for sure. What is shocking me the most with the Serial, is their technical ability and it's at a level of much higher priced iems no doubt. This is some serious tuning, and just for fun I hooked them up to my Satin Athena 8 wire (TOTL cable), and they sure do sound like a TOTL set now. The transparency, "3dness" and added depth to the stage that I am getting with the Athena 8 wire and Serial pairing is stunning.

Apr 17, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #4,575 of 13,657
Also, the Volts have been on my radar since they were released and now that I have had a taste of what Penon can do, they are my next iem for sure.
The transparency, "3dness" and added depth to the stage that I am getting with the Athena 8 wire and Serial pairing is stunning.

Yeah, it sure sounds like there’s a pair of Volts with your name on them! The Serials are good but the Volts are so much better in these areas and whenever stage, atmosphere and presence matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back