The PENON official thread
Dec 2, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #3,766 of 13,727
I'd still love to read a comparison with a single DD, like the Oxygen!

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #3,767 of 13,727
Speaking of single dynamic, there's yet another single DD up coming from Penon...

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #3,768 of 13,727
Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #3,769 of 13,727
1638437074123.gif

On mobile I copy and paste from GIPHY app.

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #3,770 of 13,727
yeah, driver flex is so annoying to me as well. Balanced helps my FAN and Yume but does not help the 2021 Hana or Kato.

Thanks for the tips tip. I need to get some Spirals. I have many others but not any Spirals.

After a bit of burn (I am on something like 14hours) in I am going to do some cable rolling. Please tell me your results.

Still on CS819 but now with ePro’s, as spacious sounding as Spiral maybe just a tad better. ePro’s get my pick, very comfy.

There's still the up coming single dynamic

Have you paired it with your Flow?

CS819 is so good I’m still on it. LOL

ePro, Totem adapter, M6 combo - soundstage is more rounded, better depth but just slightly, detail retrieval isn’t as prominent, refined, organic and musical sounding.

Another thing I’d like to note, bass are getting quite potent as days goes by.

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #3,772 of 13,727

Burning in the Serial. The CS819 is a much better cable than the Globe stock cable. Surprised how relatively small it is, should be comfortable for long sessions. Sounds very promising out of the box, no obvious issues.

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #3,773 of 13,727
My very superficial and early, overall, judgment is 2021 Hana>>Serial>>FAN>Kato. I can strongly recommend the 2021 Hana and Serial. I can recommend the FAN and Kato. That said, the "lower-ranked" IEMs all have their strengths that may suit songs/genres better than the 2021 Hana and Serial. Add in personal taste and the field is wide open... Not everyone listens to the music I listen to or has my taste in presentation of that music. All four are excellent performers for their prices.

I think the Serial would appeal to listeners that think Harman-ish tuned IEMs are too thin.

edit: wording

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #3,776 of 13,727
62846AE0-1F25-41DA-9785-AEAF86A44D9D.jpeg

@H T T @ehjie

Serial + Mix

Compared to CS819 which is a third of its price if purchased separately and as Serial’s stock cable, again I got to say the CS819 performed exceedingly well. Subjectively it is evident the OCC wires used are of high quality.

Single crystal copper used on the Mix may be identidal to OCC technically but differs in characteristics, it seems. I can also tell the silver in the Mix is tilting sonics into equilibrium compared to CS819 which is mostly copper. In general I perceived more breathing space throughout the entire frequency range that improves soundstage considerably. This doesn’t mean it is larger per se, but airier instead resulting in better clarity, imaging and instrument separation.

Characteristics of the lower end remained mostly unchanged, differences are minuet between the two be it in quantity or note weight. What set the two apart are mainly notes definition with the latter better defined and not least, it actually sounded a touch less forward.

Midrange now isn’t as single dimensional as before, imaging of vocals is right smack in the middle with plenty of air to move around. Subtle improvements could also be noticed in both texture and resolution.

Treble energy saw a tiny uptick as well but isn’t bright if you are wondering, notes are also better defined just like it’s bass and midrange counter part.

With the Mix thrown into the chain, I’m now pretty certain soundstage depth isn’t Serial’s forte. It is respectable nonetheless.

All in all I’m very pleased with this pairing.

For female vocal lovers out there.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #3,777 of 13,727
@H T T @ehjie

Serial + Mix

Compared to CS819 which is a third of its price if purchased separately and in Serial’s case a stock cable, again I got to say the CS819 performs exceedingly well. Subjectively it is evident the OCC wires used are of high quality.

Single crystal copper used on the Mix may be similar to OCC technically but differs in characteristics, it seems. I can also tell the silver in the Mix is tilting sonics into equilibrium compared to CS819 which is mostly copper. In general I perceive more breathing space throughout the entire frequency range that improves soundstage considerably. This doesn’t mean it is larger per se, but airier instead resulting in better clarity, imaging and instrument separation.

Characteristics of the lower end remained mostly unchanged. Differences are minuet between the two be it in quantity or note weight. Main difference lies mostly in bass notes which are better defined and not least, it actually sounded a touch less forward.

Midrange now isn’t as single dimensional as before. Imaging of vocals is right smack in the middle with plenty of air to move around. Subtle improvements could also be noticed in both texture and resolution.

Treble energy saw a tiny uptick as well but isn’t bright if you are wondering, notes are also better defined just like it’s bass and midrange counter part.

With the Mix thrown into the chain, I’m now pretty certain soundstage depth isn’t Serial’s forte. It is respectable nonetheless.

All in all I’m very pleased with this pairing.

For female vocal lovers.

Sounds Like another Homerun for Team Penon..
1638472053841.png

Love the track btw, Fantastic in every sense, There a *Lata' vocal finesse going on (pardon the pun)...
*the Nightingale
Sonics/substance : 5/5

1638472409462.png

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #3,778 of 13,727
Nadia is one of the tracks I use in my Reference playlist, great for testing out DAPs and headphones! Love that one...

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #3,780 of 13,727
more details please?
Not much else is known, Penon announced they will release 3DD (Serial) and 1DD (?). Pure speculation but I think it could be higher end Volt/Legend levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back