The PENON official thread
Jun 3, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #2,746 of 13,727
Jun 4, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #2,748 of 13,727
I’ve been test driving these ePro’s since yesterday, foremost the comfort is superb and the fit is great unlike Spiral as I’m in between sizes. Most importantly the sonic out from these are amazing. Thanks for the recommendation @ehjie (did I left anyone else out?) :punch:
68E7FCCB-218B-417C-8374-DD756CD9F77A.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #2,749 of 13,727
I’ve been test driving these ePro’s since yesterday, foremost the comfort is superb and the fit is great unlike Spiral as I’m in between sizes. Most importantly the sonic out from these are amazing. Thanks for the recommendation @ehjie (did I left anyone else out?) :punch:
The E-pros work amazingly well on all the Penon iems, Mids is their scene that's why.
i believe credit to @IEMusic as well.
all the chaps @ The inverted tips mod thread without which the Horn inverted mod won't happen...

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #2,750 of 13,727
68E7FCCB-218B-417C-8374-DD756CD9F77A.jpeg

Awesome shot btw!

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #2,751 of 13,727
The E-pros work amazingly well on all the Penon iems, Mids is their scene that's why.
i believe credit to @IEMusic as well.
all the chaps @ The inverted tips mod thread without which the Horn inverted mod won't happen...
You are absolutely right, I’ve tested on the three I have and I love the results, comfort to me is paramount.

Props to @IEMusic and all the folks who invented the mod!

The ePro’s does indeed work exceptionally well with bassy phones such as Penon as these has the headroom without taking too much of a hit while the mids and highs benefit greatly.

I’ve yet to do the mod, currently enjoying those tips as is. :smile:

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #2,753 of 13,727
@LoryWiv here's the Inverted Mod. you're welcome...
Hey @ehjie the E-pro horns arrived and trying them on my Kinera nanna unmodified they are superb, as good ad my prior favorite Azla Sedna Earfit lights. I'm curious what changes you feel the reverse mod brings, with a wider bore I'd predict increased sound stage and potentially less bass...is that your experience?

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #2,754 of 13,727
Not as resolving as the Mix obviously as half of its cores are silver but is very comparable to the OS849.

You can look at it as a more copper based OS849. Just as equally versatile and effective on just about any type of earphone it is used on. I actually prefer the PAC480 on the new Tansio Mirai Land vs the Mix right now. Balances out the very nicely done detail of the LAND with adding a bit more body to the sounds and even a greater exapanisive stage on the LAND. Synergy is amazing with the LAND and the PAC480.

Seriously for the money and if you own more than a few earphones PAC480 is a no brainer. It is this years surprise cable for me and that is out of about 10 new cables I got this year. The value on them is clearly evident. I have zero doubts about their retail price being $100. Like I said I feel it is on a similar level of the OS849 which is clearly one of the best cables you can buy at $120 price point.
Just received my PAC 849 after a month. Put it on yellow PI 49$ earphone that had been burning in and ootb sounded absolutely terrible with cheap cable it came with..... immediately sound exploded with bass dynamics and tone improvement. Blew me away so much that I immediately ordered another one while they are still half price!

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #2,756 of 13,727
Hey @ehjie the E-pro horns arrived and trying them on my Kinera nanna unmodified they are superb, as good ad my prior favorite Azla Sedna Earfit lights. I'm curious what changes you feel the reverse mod brings, with a wider bore I'd predict increased sound stage and potentially less bass...is that your experience?
Less Bass quantity, but very defined. i hear a fantastic dispersion , pin point source of dispersion, i could forgive the E-pros for taking out a little quantity in exchange for a very defined one, better texture, better rumble....

Jun 5, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #2,757 of 13,727
Just received my PAC 849 after a month. Put it on yellow PI 49$ earphone that had been burning in and ootb sounded absolutely terrible with cheap cable it came with..... immediately sound exploded with bass dynamics and tone improvement. Blew me away so much that I immediately ordered another one while they are still half price!
I did the same darn thing! I’m gonna sell my 2nd one though. I’m too impulsive with this hobby. Great cable at great price

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #2,758 of 13,727
Less Bass quantity, but very defined. i hear a fantastic dispersion , pin point source of dispersion, i could forgive the E-pros for taking out a little quantity in exchange for a very defined one, better texture, better rumble....
Wow, I was able to do the mod and my Kinera Nanna has NEVER sounded so good! The fit remains great although I notice a bit more microphonics with jaw motion, but oh so worth it for this outstanding sound quality. Really appreciate the "tip" (yea, I went there). :ksc75smile:

Jun 6, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #2,759 of 13,727
I finished the entire album, i gotta say, one of the best release for this year
Huge sound field, the sweetest strings, full bodied acoustic guitars, awesome vocals, even better than the "play" 24 bit release
in most Extreme Ways, generous amounts of tender loving care was given in the production (my turn to pun @H T T. lol )...

1622962834805.png

Jun 6, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #2,760 of 13,727
I finished the entire album, i gotta say, one of the best release for this year
Huge sound field, the sweetest strings, full bodied acoustic guitars, awesome vocals, even better than the "play" 24 bit release
in most Extreme Ways, generous amounts of tender loving care was given in the production (my turn to pun @H T T. lol )...

1622962834805.png

Enjoy the album on your Penon In ears...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back