The PENON official thread
May 28, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #2,716 of 13,723
Penon is on a roll and is cooking up a STORM, coming up next will be a TOTL IEM called BOLT :smile:

Satirical aside, I’ve a hunch the successor to the Volt is in the pipeline, going with the theme I’m also pretty sure it will spot a couple of electrostatic tweeters to complete the package.
1 DD, 2 BA, 2 EST. / side
More efficient. i believe the guys like their flagships w/ their phones i.e. streaming. There's NO dap that matches smartphone capabilities - i mean daps that don't hiccup on wireless connections
More stage depth - this was part of @tgx78 constructive comments in his Volt review.
My wish would be Stage Height (1670ss NWZ level would be nice). we already got IMAX size, broad shouldered stage width.

Parameters to maintain
The Penon Bass, Mids house sound - this is already approaching legendary status if not yet
Volt's / Globe's Detail, energy & Treble

May 30, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #2,717 of 13,723
1 DD, 2 BA, 2 EST. / side
More efficient. i believe the guys like their flagships w/ their phones i.e. streaming. There's NO dap that matches smartphone capabilities - i mean daps that don't hiccup on wireless connections
More stage depth - this was part of @tgx78 constructive comments in his Volt review.
My wish would be Stage Height (1670ss NWZ level would be nice). we already got IMAX size, broad shouldered stage width.

Parameters to maintain
The Penon Bass, Mids house sound - this is already approaching legendary status if not yet
Volt's / Globe's Detail, energy & Treble
I can’t comment on the Volt on how to make it better as I don’t own a set yet :sweat_smile:

But I do agree that going the smartphone + dongle route is the way to go. I do like daps but not outdated androids :smiling_imp:

To detract, on the packaging side of things, I think it would be super nice if Penon could include a nicer looking and better constructed cable with the Orb & Globe going forward as an option.

I’d recommend something like a OS849 LITE, 4 cores will do (preferably) with the same quality hardwares pricing them accordingly.

May 30, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #2,718 of 13,723
naruto-boruto-the-next-generations-boruto-the-next-generatio.jpg

Here is the Bolt's avatar. :wink:
2nd Gen!

May 30, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #2,719 of 13,723
I can’t comment on the Volt on how to make it better as I don’t own a set yet :sweat_smile:

But I do agree that going the smartphone + dongle route is the way to go. I do like daps but not outdated androids :smiling_imp:

To detract, on the packaging side of things, I think it would be super nice if Penon could include a nicer looking and better constructed cable with the Orb & Globe going forward as an option.

I’d recommend something like a OS849 LITE, 4 cores will do (preferably) with the same quality hardwares pricing them accordingly.

It pretty much sums up as the tonal best of Fan, Sphere, Orb & Globe.
House sound is a combo of Grado-Ortofon cartridge tuning, Smooth and technical. Of course, being the Penon top shelf
Our scene is the largest (amongst the range) on all axes. Coherence, Imaging, layering & separation is top notch, as would be expected.
The Kicker; the voices, incl. percussions, strings et al are one of the most hi-fi (aka realistically convincing) i have ever heard in this price category.
The Volt can easily sit alongside with any set north of the kilobuck flagships
A game changer; Sits very squarely (w/ any other flagship out there) when coupled w/ the Totems...
1622368321435.png

May 30, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #2,720 of 13,723
This is a very, very cool album...

Folder.jpg

May 30, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #2,721 of 13,723
It’s called the Penon Storm I believe. Very interested after the awesomeness that is the Totem.

So am I, actually itching to get one, Totem is my go to cable for most of my TOTL IEMs... penon offers incredible value for money and the build quality is top notch....

May 30, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #2,722 of 13,723
So am I, actually itching to get one, Totem is my go to cable for most of my TOTL IEMs... penon offers incredible value for money and the build quality is top notch....
I second that!

May 31, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #2,724 of 13,723
This is definitely awesome. Actually started on the Retrospective boxset and the Sleep boxset before I got to this.

Yup, i dig the Ambient neo classical vibe by Max too...
1622438673692.png
1622438707546.png

Jun 1, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #2,726 of 13,723
How does ePro tips work with Penon Orb or Dunu Sa6, has anyone tried them maybe?

The E-pros on the Orbs, bring out more of that Penon house sound, surprisingly better trebles, too.
With the E-pros inverted, better imaging due to increase depth and some more width...
IMG_20210601_103155.jpg
IMG_20210601_103506.jpg

Jun 1, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #2,727 of 13,723
I might have to get both of them and then return the one i dont like. Seems like the easiest way. Thank you!

The E-pros on the Orbs, bring out more of that Penon house sound, surprisingly better trebles, too.
With the E-pros inverted, better imaging due to increase depth and some more width...

Are these new tips good for small ears? :)

Jun 1, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #2,728 of 13,723
Jun 1, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #2,729 of 13,723
IMG_20210601_103155.jpgIMG_20210601_103506.jpg
At the risk of sounding stupid... how do you invert the tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back