The PENON official thread
Jan 16, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #12,511 of 13,835
I don’t think I’ll be buying more cable from NiceHCK.
Both ivipq and xinhs are great choices on AE. Superb quality and value for price.

Jan 16, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #12,512 of 13,835
Both ivipq and xinhs are great choices on AE. Superb quality and value for price.
Ya I ended up using the XINHS cable I ordered more. I got a GreyRhino from NiceHCK, forgot about that one I like it as well so it’s not all bad.

XINHS cables are on HiFigo as well now… if you are trying to not shop on AE like myself.

https://hifigo.com/collections/xinhs

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #12,513 of 13,835
Anybody have the Penon Liqueur ear tips ?

I have a set that look like the liqueur that came with an earlier Penon order but they are a matte look not the glossy lock in the advertising photos. Their big diameter (XL - 15mm or so) works great with my Campfire Solaris 2020 due to the shallow fit and the diameter of my outer ear canal, normal 13.5 - 14mm large tips from other brands fit but don't give a robust seal that stays put over a few hours or so.

I have ordered orange and black of the new ones.

Are the Liqueur glossy and perhaps a bit sticky as the images indicate ?

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #12,514 of 13,835
DragonScale looks very nice, but unfortunately it does so at the bottom of my IEM drawer because it’s just so awful to use unless you are a statue at your desk. Well said in your review.

My FirstTouch cable came with cosmetic blemishes as well. I don’t think I’ll be buying more cable from NiceHCK.
Yes I've been a little disappointed with DragonScale and AceOrpheus as well.

I can appreciate that the sheathing/shielding means they provide a blacker background that most budget cables, but am not convinced the performance vs ergonomic tradeoff is worth it in the case of those two.

It's a shame because I'm not the only person who wishes there were more alternatives to PW Audio's shielded copper cables which are occasionally bundled with very high-end IEMs because they sound incredible, but are stratospherically priced beyond the means of most hobbyists.

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #12,515 of 13,835
Anybody have the Penon Liqueur ear tips ?

I have a set that look like the liqueur that came with an earlier Penon order but they are a matte look not the glossy lock in the advertising photos. Their big diameter (XL - 15mm or so) works great with my Campfire Solaris 2020 due to the shallow fit and the diameter of my outer ear canal, normal 13.5 - 14mm large tips from other brands fit but don't give a robust seal that stays put over a few hours or so.

I have ordered orange and black of the new ones.

Are the Liqueur glossy and perhaps a bit sticky as the images indicate ?
They are sticky, and seal nicely. There is an audible difference between orange and black, with the orange sounding a bit more refined and better at reducing sibilance. The Liqueur tips are quite large - I usually use L to XL tips, but I’m an M to L with them.

If you don’t mind the colour and get the size right, the orange Liqueur tips are top tier: great seal, comfortable, natural sound, low sibilance.

(Tips are very dependent on inner ear shape, so you never know how well a tip will match you until you try it)

Jan 16, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #12,516 of 13,835
They are sticky, and seal nicely. There is an audible difference between orange and black, with the orange sounding a bit more refined and better at reducing sibilance. The Liqueur tips are quite large - I usually use L to XL tips, but I’m an M to L with them.

If you don’t mind the colour and get the size right, the orange Liqueur tips are top tier: great seal, comfortable, natural sound, low sibilance.

(Tips are very dependent on inner ear shape, so you never know how well a tip will match you until you try it)

Sounds great thank you.

Jan 16, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #12,517 of 13,835
My early impressions of the ISN Neo 3 are over on the ISN thread.

IMG_3432.jpeg

Jan 17, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #12,518 of 13,835
This is so true! I know that everyone has different preferences and expectations going into a brand new iem with a bunch of hype surrounding it, but I feel like a lot of the really negative takes on the Quattro (monotone bass, no treble, etc.) sound like "off" units to me. Or maybe even defective units. I hear none of those issues. At all. So it just makes me wonder.
What’s crazy is Vikinguy bought his set from me and I thought it sounded dull and boring without EQ and he thinks it’s glorious. Truly crazy how different we all hear because if that set is exciting to him I have some sets that would make his ears bleed in half a second

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #12,519 of 13,835
Some of the criticisms of the Quattro boggles my mind and makes me wonder what the f some people are hearing... AFTER they've already burned in the drivers and matched a proper eartip with it.

Quattro sounds amazing, especially for its price. The only criticism I can find or nitpick is that it can be sibilant on some tracks at high volume and that it changes tonality based on eartips used (this might be a pro).
Couldn’t have been more opposite for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #12,520 of 13,835
What’s crazy is Vikinguy bought his set from me and I thought it sounded dull and boring without EQ and he thinks it’s glorious. Truly crazy how different we all hear because if that set is exciting to him I have some sets that would make his ears bleed in half a second
I have been getting a lot of different results just from plugging into different sources, it sounds like a different IEM each time. On my EF400 the bass is savagely intense but quite fun but depending on the song it can be of detriment, vocals have this nice thick warmth and smooth pleasant treble on top. Throw it on my Monoprice THX combo dac/amp and now all of a sudden I got a near perfectly balanced set with nearly no drawback other than the treble can sometimes get a bit sibilant depending on song. Throw it to my Qudelix T71 (4.4mm) and now I am wondering where all the bass went and the performance is strikingly a lot more boring, needed to spice it up with the EQ profiles. This is wearing the same ear tips and using the same cable.

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #12,521 of 13,835
I have been getting a lot of different results just from plugging into different sources, it sounds like a different IEM each time. On my EF400 the bass is savagely intense but quite fun but depending on the song it can be of detriment, vocals have this nice thick warmth and smooth pleasant treble on top. Throw it on my Monoprice THX combo dac/amp and now all of a sudden I got a near perfectly balanced set with nearly no drawback other than the treble can sometimes get a bit sibilant depending on song. Throw it to my Qudelix T71 (4.4mm) and now I am wondering where all the bass went and the performance is strikingly a lot more boring, needed to spice it up with the EQ profiles. This is wearing the same ear tips and using the same cable.

Hmmm.. In your experience, Is this bizarre or a common trait with many iems - that they can change their soundsignature so drastically depending on the sources?

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #12,522 of 13,835
Hmmm.. In your experience, Is this bizarre or a common trait with many iems - that they can change their soundsignature so drastically depending on the sources?
Depends? The EF400 and Monoprice THX combo seem pretty opposites in how they sound on most stuff to me. One is smoother and warmer while the other leans colder and more analytical. I admit that the Quattro has been more dramatic about changes than others, I almost find it a pro rather than a con at this point.

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #12,523 of 13,835
Depends? The EF400 and Monoprice THX combo seem pretty opposites in how they sound on most stuff to me. One is smoother and warmer while the other leans colder and more analytical. I admit that the Quattro has been more dramatic about changes than others, I almost find it a pro rather than a con at this point.
Yes a pro, like those different tuning switches on some iems. Especially if you like the different soundscapes

Jan 17, 2024 at 4:25 AM Post #12,524 of 13,835
New Tribrid Flagship IEM
2DD/4BA/4EST
1000008756.jpg

Jan 17, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #12,525 of 13,835
PENON OS133 4 Shares TYPE-C to 3.5mm audio/4.4mm balanced
DAC 384KHz/32bit; ADC 96KHz/24bit AMP
CX31993+ MAX97220 Type-C 384 KHz/32bit digital audio USB Amplifier
It's a Type-C digital audio headphone USB adapter PCBA solution.
The built-in CX31993 digital audio codec chip and MAX97220 power amplifier chip support up to 384KHz/32bit sampling rate.
Excellent mobile compatibility for iOS and Android .
The product size is small and the appearance is beautiful.
Interface: type-C
Earphone impedance: 32ohm
Decoding rate: up to support DAC 384KHz/32bit; ADC 96KHz/24bit
SNR @1kHz: 100dB
THD+ N@1 KHz: -93dB
Crosstalk suppression @1 KHz: -55dB

Price yet to be disclosed.

420533508_2016993402014250_2631314472142259372_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back