The PENON official thread
May 16, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #9,046 of 14,142
Wooo I'm excited now.

Wish the 10th AE had a nicer faceplate like Volt. I know it's subjective, but what an odd combination of colors and huge lettering/font.

Good first impressions so far. Can't wait for the reviews, comparison, and high quality pictures.
Actually photos dont do the plate justice. Very nice in person actually. Much nicer than they look in pics.

May 16, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #9,047 of 14,142
I'd like a crystal clear shell as ORB with blue PENON logo on left channel and red 10th AE logo on right chanel :)
Eventually a very light blue like this one!

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5jaGlreXUtc2VrYWkuY29tL3FmeS1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAyMS8xMi9kMjMwZmMzMDRhZDljMTA4YzE5MjA1Y2I5MDUwYTNjMi04MC53ZWJw.m.webp

May 16, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #9,048 of 14,142
Actually photos dont do the plate justice. Very nice in person actually. Much nicer than they look in pics.
Oh cool. I just don't understand the choice to mix brown/wood with blue + large font. :sweat_smile:

Should've just gone with 1 or the other, same color, smaller font. Just my opinion.

May 16, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #9,049 of 14,142
Wooo I'm excited now.

Wish the 10th AE had a nicer faceplate like Volt. I know it's subjective, but what an odd combination of colors and huge lettering/font.

Good first impressions so far. Can't wait for the reviews, comparison, and high quality pictures.

It is a good Jack of all trades sort of cable. But I suppose I would have appreciated the option to either get it without the cable or swop it out for another cable and top up the amount or something. After all, what am I going to do with yet another CS819?

I’m digging this quick take style. Wonder how many people just hit buy?
I'm guessing there will be some contacts inside......you know, light and darks. :)

May 16, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #9,051 of 14,142
something like NEO, take a look to my pic

11964356.jpeg

May 16, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #9,053 of 14,142
Penonaudio-10th%20IEM-700x700.jpg

The bass from these two micro drivers are interesting. You can see how they are laid out inside the shell. One for mid bass one for sub bass. No lack of bass on these things.
Both 6mm DD must be playing sub bass and tuned the same otherwise there would be a 5 way xover don't you think? And you would never get that extension in the lows with just one 6mm DD.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #9,054 of 14,142
Both 6mm DD must be playing sub bass and tuned the same otherwise there would be a 5 way xover don't you think? And you would never get that extension in the lows with just one 6mm DD.
4-way crossover, 3 tube channel

Not always the size that matters, specially if Penon has made so one DD take care of sub and the other the mid bass.
Not 6mm but the Sennheiser IE300 can rumble with perfect sub bass extension done only trough one 7mm.

May 16, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #9,055 of 14,142
- Well well, what we have here. Wide stage. Yes these are Penon through and through. Musical rich tonal character, again Penon sound is in full effect. These do remind me a bit of the Volt tonal character. Very similar stage as well. But the big difference?

BASS!!- Boomstick. A funner Volt?
Thank you for confirming that the bass is more than the Fan2 & Serial and a more musical Volt. The mids dont seemed as reccesed based on the FR graph, they seemed focused. I notice female vocals are alluring & forward. What are your thoughts @Dsnuts?

I think this tops Impact & Serial in terms of musicality, fun and enjoyment of music. And in person the shell/faceplates are nice. They differ from majority of shells released today. You can tell its a Penon design.

20230515_180449.jpg

May 16, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #9,056 of 14,142
Well I dont know if they beat Impact mids, the mids on the Impacts are spectacular if not breathe taking. They are most definitely a more musical sounding IEM. Its early but I can tell the 10th is a bit of old school penon a bit of the Globes, a bit of the Volts and a bit of the EST50 bass emphasis. Definitely the most bass impact I have heard from a Penon IEM.

Will see how the sound turns out after they get the beat down. So far spectacular with EDM and bass genres but it has the mids and treble in the mix as well. Has very good imaging in space. Why do I have a feeling these were supposed to be the Volt 2.0? Lol.

Na I bet Volt 2 will be a much higher end offering.

May 16, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #9,057 of 14,142
What's the shell vent on the 10th look Like? Please.

May 16, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #9,058 of 14,142
Well I dont know if they beat Impact mids, the mids on the Impacts are spectacular if not breathe taking. They are most definitely a more musical sounding IEM. Its early but I can tell the 10th is a bit of old school penon a bit of the Globes, a bit of the Volts and a bit of the EST50 bass emphasis. Definitely the most bass impact I have heard from a Penon IEM.

Will see how the sound turns out after they get the beat down. So far spectacular with EDM and bass genres but it has the mids and treble in the mix as well. Has very good imaging in space. Why do I have a feeling these were supposed to be the Volt 2.0? Lol.

Impact midrange is hard to beat, absolutely amazing.

Regarding the 10th AE, does it play well with more dynamic genres?

The Volt 2 or Volt sucessor will be a flagship. Penon is working on 2 prototypes: 1DD/4BA/4EST or 1DD/6BA/4EST. It will take a few months before it's revealed.

May 16, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #9,059 of 14,142

They definitely dont beat the Impact mids thats for sure but the Impact lacked to me was that slow decaying DD bass which I prefer over BA bass and thats why I think I prefer the 10th AE over Impact.

One thing I notice is the female vocals are sublime especially when it comes to Jpop, R&B and Jazzy tunes where the focus is the female singing. It may be early and will need more time to A/B especially with other IEMs but I think we can agree, Penon hit it out of the park with this one. ⚾

May 16, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #9,060 of 14,142
Ahhh jeez... If they're currently working on a Volt 2, that's gonna be a must buy too when it's released.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back