The PENON official thread
May 16, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #9,031 of 14,142
Actaully I can tell you guys one of the reasons why Penon is able to offer a premium IEM at the price is due to their choice of cable pairings. Some of their IEMs can't be sold with a more expensive cable simply due to cost contraints. I know that sounds like an excuse but if you think about it if they offered a new IEM every time with a cusomized cable they have to add to the bottom line of what the IEM costs. You should know the 10th is using premium drivers like all Penon made IEMs and hence they have to watch how much they are putting into the entirety of the design.

Whats the liklihood you will cable roll anyway.

Speaking of, I got the 10th in last night. Havent even opened the shrink wrap. Will report a bit later after some burn in.
That is totally how I look at the CS819. Penon is using a cable that actually lets the sound pass through. Of course they could have supplied a different cable, but that would have changed the overall pricing structure here. We all have played with dynamite IEMs that perform regardless of the cable attached. Why, because maybe the 10th Anniversary IEM performs well above the $499.00 price point. I mean Penon is kinda known for offering value, so why wouldn’t the Anniversary model be a value also?

May 16, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #9,032 of 14,142
Actually I was really disappointed in the cable offering the 10th anniversary cable should have had its own special cable color coordination pairing. Not the cheapest cable Penon makes.
Here is the thing. You may or may not appreciate what the CS819 is. It’s not about price. It kinda is about price, except it’s what is called sonic value. I gained new respect for what the CS819 is and does. If you read my IMR BC 2023 review I actually recommend that cable as an upgrade cable to the one IMR supplied with the BC 2023. Or at least a quick good alternative to the supplied cable? You know why? Because it’s a better sounding cable (to me) than the included cable with the IMR BC 2023. But also it left the sound alone, the BC 2023 was basically itself, only slightly heavier....more note-weight and totally balanced. The IMR BC 2023 cable performance was great only it was slightly more airy and somehow after numerous cable changes I just thought the CS819 brought the goods. Remember Penon is a cable maker first and foremost, they could add any cable they want, but they understand the balance with the CS819, IMO.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #9,033 of 14,142
I really like the CS819. It's Penon's jack of all trades, relatively affordable, cost effective, but high quality cable that pairs well with almost everything.

I like to put it on cheap IEMs like Kiwi Ears Cadenza and Blon Z300 to make them more transparent and open them up, with increased soundstage and instrument separation. It also makes bass a little less boomy, but still keeps good rumble and impact.

May 16, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #9,034 of 14,142
I really like the CS819. It's Penon's jack of all trades, relatively affordable, cost effective, but high quality cable that pairs well with almost everything.

I like to put it on cheap IEMs like Kiwi Ears Cadenza and Blon Z300 to make them more transparent and open them up, with increased soundstage and instrument separation. It also makes bass a little less boomy, but still keeps good rumble and impact.

Thank-you X3, I couldn’t have said it better myself. :)

May 16, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #9,035 of 14,142
CS819 is a great cable, paired well with many of my IEMs. I have one on me right now with the FAN OG.

PXL_20230503_044803334~2.jpg

May 16, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #9,036 of 14,142
That is the older model with the circular splitter! The original!
CS819 is a great cable, paired well with many of my IEMs. I have one on me right now with the FAN OG.

PXL_20230503_044803334~2.jpg

May 16, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #9,037 of 14,142
For the ISN H50. Hi I have Qudelix 5k portable dac/amp and it has 20 band EQ. Can anyone send please his EQ recommendation for ISN H50 ?
Or ... Qudelix 5k has presets EQ and ISN iem doesn't appear there. Can anyone say which more familiar iem has similar sound signature like the ISN H50?

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #9,040 of 14,142
- Well well, what we have here. Wide stage. Yes these are Penon through and through. Musical rich tonal character, again Penon sound is in full effect. These do remind me a bit of the Volt tonal character. Very similar stage as well. But the big difference?

BASS!!- Boomstick. A funner Volt?

This is the 10th?

Edit - I see from previous page that it is re: the 10th. Great.... I think you've spent more of my money now!! Gonna have to order a set.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #9,041 of 14,142
May 16, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #9,042 of 14,142
- Well well, what we have here. Wide stage. Yes these are Penon through and through. Musical rich tonal character, again Penon sound is in full effect. These do remind me a bit of the Volt tonal character. Very similar stage as well. But the big difference?

That is what I got from casually glancing at the graph, more bass (than Volt) with slightly brighter treble to balance it out. Sounds like fun, or at least looks like fun. Hehe

May 16, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #9,043 of 14,142
Here is the thing. You may or may not appreciate what the CS819 is. It’s not about price. It kinda is about price, except it’s what is called sonic value. I gained new respect for what the CS819 is and does. If you read my IMR BC 2023 review I actually recommend that cable as an upgrade cable to the one IMR supplied with the BC 2023. Or at least a quick good alternative to the supplied cable? You know why? Because it’s a better sounding cable (to me) than the included cable with the IMR BC 2023. But also it left the sound alone, the BC 2023 was basically itself, only slightly heavier....more note-weight and totally balanced. The IMR BC 2023 cable performance was great only it was slightly more airy and somehow after numerous cable changes I just thought the CS819 brought the goods. Remember Penon is a cable maker first and foremost, they could add any cable they want, but they understand the balance with the CS819, IMO.
And so I will give it a chance thanks for the input.

May 16, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #9,044 of 14,142

Wooo I'm excited now.

Wish the 10th AE had a nicer faceplate like Volt. I know it's subjective, but what an odd combination of colors and huge lettering/font.

Good first impressions so far. Can't wait for the reviews, comparison, and high quality pictures.

May 16, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #9,045 of 14,142
Actaully I can tell you guys one of the reasons why Penon is able to offer a premium IEM at the price is due to their choice of cable pairings. Some of their IEMs can't be sold with a more expensive cable simply due to cost contraints. I know that sounds like an excuse but if you think about it if they offered a new IEM every time with a cusomized cable they have to add to the bottom line of what the IEM costs. You should know the 10th is using premium drivers like all Penon made IEMs and hence they have to watch how much they are putting into the entirety of the design.

Whats the liklihood you will cable roll anyway.

Speaking of, I got the 10th in last night. Havent even opened the shrink wrap. Will report a bit later after some burn in.

It is a good Jack of all trades sort of cable. But I suppose I would have appreciated the option to either get it without the cable or swop it out for another cable and top up the amount or something. After all, what am I going to do with yet another CS819?

I’m digging this quick take style. Wonder how many people just hit buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back