The PENON official thread
Jan 14, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #7,021 of 13,628
Nice thanks, I still say it they look classy and clean. Like the look.
Well, somehow they look completely original? Now, how can that be? Do they look like an Apple product? No, Apple doesn't use such build ideas. But the white is totally clean and I really like how the nameplates are (blended) subdued and reserved. The fact that they are clear gives you an uncanny ability to look inside. Many brands are unable to provide such a view as they are obscuring sub-standard built quality and build techniques. I won't mention the brand name, but I found an ant 🐜 glued into the resin build of an IEM one time. Penon builds something out into the open and truthful (to build quality)..........surpassing everything I've ever seen in regards to clarity. No smudges or fingerprints, no sloppy arraignments of components, a work of art really.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #7,023 of 13,628
How much for impact?
1673689929928.png

Jan 14, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #7,024 of 13,628
Not shocked, the configuration seemed high end. Over my budget I must admit, if I were to do this I need to try it beforehand. Had to sell of some other gear, and I'm not interested in selling my precious headphones and current IEMs tbh.

Still will see where the impressions go forward👍

Jan 14, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #7,025 of 13,628
Not shocked, the configuration seemed high end. Over my budget I must admit, if I were to do this I need to try it beforehand. Had to sell of some other gear, and I'm not interested in selling my precious headphones and current IEMs tbh.

Still will see where the impressions go forward👍
I know this won't even be a consolation, but with what's revolving around the IEM multiverse :
O.T. USD6,599
U.M. USD6,499
A.J. USD5,730
V.E. USD3,960
E.A. USD3,000
All of the above, with est loaded
the Impact is the least amount in terms of cost of entry.
Now I'm giving consolation to myself, LOL :ksc75smile:

Jan 14, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #7,026 of 13,628
I am doing the math, looking at my bank account, and seeing what I can sell, and for how much. But honestly... They're out of reach.

Jan 14, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #7,027 of 13,628
It’s kinda like BA bass does the attacks better and DD does the decay better. But when you have BA done right there is so much detail in the transient, that’s what you get into. There is also positioning that DDs don’t do. The BA style of bass has a place into the stage that is more defined, where DD is more omnipresent. IMO

But the bass tremolo effect just can’t be done with DD bass as they simply move too slow for it to occur.
Agree with you on this. Another example of good BA bass is the UM Multiverse Mentor.

Jan 14, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #7,028 of 13,628
It’s kinda like BA bass does the attacks better and DD does the decay better. But when you have BA done right there is so much detail in the transient, that’s what you get into. There is also positioning that DDs don’t do. The BA style of bass has a place into the stage
the Virtual floor to be exact...
that is more defined, where DD is more omnipresent. IMO
Yep, 846, W50 et al. This is a fact btw...

Jan 14, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #7,029 of 13,628
I just got the Indigo and have been toying with Trailli - really curious about this one.
Indigo and Trailli and very very different to my ears. TraiIlii has a much more relaxed sweeter presentation. Traillii is special but Indigo is exciting! I too am curious about the Impact vis-à-vis Traillii.

Penon Impact. Excuse the poor lighting. Will take some better pictures tomorrow and will post them. The Impact is all clear glass like resin with a pearl white face plate. The cable is a modified version of the Obsidian which works exceedingly well with BA based IEMs. Not to mention specifically designed for the Impact in all white sleeving Looks fantastic in person. Classy.
DSC00833.JPG
Well, what can I say. I got them last night and connected them to my K9 pro and started to listen to them. I was like a kid waking up early on Christmas morning. Lol.

First thing that hit me was its ability to mimic a live stage. You can hear the ambience of the venue perhaps better than anything I have heard. The Legend comes close but these things!

Vocals! Vocals! Andrea Bocelli I use his vocals for testing out male vocals, I mean how can you not. His live recording of Perfidia. Was the first track I listened to. When he starts to sing. Instant shiver!

Oh man this track I have heard so many times but the way the Impact captures the ambience the air of the venue here is mind blowing. It sounds like I am sitting there in the audience listening to him sing. It is shocking.

Dimensional like you wouldn't believe. Big holographic stage that represents what you are hearing. Using so many premium drivers in a compact housing with 4 bores will get you dimensional in the truest sense. Well mastered Jazz is amazeballs with the Impact.

What separates these vs your standard IEM presentation is the layers and layers of sound you're hearing. And then Imagine Penon mids cranked up to 11. These things are playing with TOTL level sonics. These have to be some of the best mids presentation for IEMs I have ever heard. More than just musically rich and with details coming at you at all angles.

Tonal character, extremely natural rich meaty with surprising timbre for what is basically an all Sonion BA based set. No surprise I prefer the tonality and timbre of the Sonion BAs and you get a whole heaping loving of Sonion BAs. You can even say the Impact is a Sonion BA lovers poster child. No Knowles to be found on these.

Details. Its trebles are handled by 2 Sonion BAs and 4 Sonion ESTs for the ultra highs. Crystalline details, smooth clean silky sparkly and very dimensional. Treble fans will love how details for treble plays in the air out of nowhere. Well extended and you can hear the integration of the EST air injection with superb highlights for trebles. Trebles are airy and has very good presence. There is no single plane of sound on these at all. These are how you can tell there are limitations on your treble presence on lesser IEMs. Details and transients for trebles are a given but has an addictive shimmer and sparkle and you know Penon tuned treble means no added fatigue. Excellent well optimized treble. I have a feeling the treble notes will fill in to a greater extent after some burn in but if the out of the box experience is something to go by. These are gonna impress even treble enthusiasts.
DSC00834.JPG

Bass. So why do you guys think these are called IMPACT? Cus that is exactly what these do for bass. These will be impactful not just for its presentation but for its bass. Punchy and defined just like the rest of the signature. What is interesting here is I don't know if these are Sonion Acupass BAs but there is no venting for the bass unless it is using some sort of venting from the nozzle. There is no vent bass hole anywhere I can see.

I also noticed the bass end digging a bit more so than your traditional well implemented BA bass. Has surprising texture. Agile, tonally accurate and of course BA speed, bass tracks actually have some authority. I would say it has at least 8dbs of mid bass to sub bass which is actually how much bass I feel is necessary for a versatile bass amount for IEMs in general. I think Penon took to heart how they tuned the bass end for BA based IEMs and tried a new trick. A BA set with authority? How can that be? It is an improvement from the Legend bass presence.
DSC00835.JPG
It's got better attack and seems to have a slower more realistic decay of bass notes for its sub bass.. A touch punchier than the Legend bass end. From how I understand it. Two of the bass BAs does upper to mid bass, two of them handle the rumble. Bass notes don't have the texture of a dynamic but these have to have some of the best texture for sub bass I have heard for BA bass. I noticed bass ability for the Impact is dynamic in how it performs. Meaning it adapts exceedingly well for bass types and emphasis depending on the track. Hip hop sounds like hip hop including some deep hitting rumble.

Natural bass notes sound unsurprisingly fantastic on these but is not weak in the sub bass emphasis. I couldnt ask for much better BA bass representation on the Impact.
Ultimately this all BA + EST design gives a fluid cohesive all Sonion sound that represents some of the brands best hardware in the Impact.

Dont have to worry about speed for these things either. Metal tracks sound amazing on these.

Passive Isolation.
Fantastic. These are an ode to the Penon Orbs clean clear design. The all clear Resin is like melted poured glass with no vent holes I can see. You want to talk about perfect for out and about immersion.. Also a nice ice breaker for sound geeks. Check out all the drivers homey!
You can show your friends all the BA/ speakers in the shell and look at that artwork for that immediate jealous look. Lol.

I am very sensitive to pressure build up (sold the Traillii because of it) but the Impact has been very comfortable so far.
Enjoying the included wide bore eartips paired with the N6ii-Ti.
Any comparisons between Impact as against Traillii?

Jan 14, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #7,030 of 13,628
Penon Impact. Excuse the poor lighting. Will take some better pictures tomorrow and will post them. The Impact is all clear glass like resin with a pearl white face plate. The cable is a modified version of the Obsidian which works exceedingly well with BA based IEMs. Not to mention specifically designed for the Impact in all white sleeving Looks fantastic in person. Classy.
DSC00833.JPG
Well, what can I say. I got them last night and connected them to my K9 pro and started to listen to them. I was like a kid waking up early on Christmas morning. Lol.

First thing that hit me was its ability to mimic a live stage. You can hear the ambience of the venue perhaps better than anything I have heard. The Legend comes close but these things!

Vocals! Vocals! Andrea Bocelli I use his vocals for testing out male vocals, I mean how can you not. His live recording of Perfidia. Was the first track I listened to. When he starts to sing. Instant shiver!

Oh man this track I have heard so many times but the way the Impact captures the ambience the air of the venue here is mind blowing. It sounds like I am sitting there in the audience listening to him sing. It is shocking.

Dimensional like you wouldn't believe. Big holographic stage that represents what you are hearing. Using so many premium drivers in a compact housing with 4 bores will get you dimensional in the truest sense. Well mastered Jazz is amazeballs with the Impact.

What separates these vs your standard IEM presentation is the layers and layers of sound you're hearing. And then Imagine Penon mids cranked up to 11. These things are playing with TOTL level sonics. These have to be some of the best mids presentation for IEMs I have ever heard. More than just musically rich and with details coming at you at all angles.

Tonal character, extremely natural rich meaty with surprising timbre for what is basically an all Sonion BA based set. No surprise I prefer the tonality and timbre of the Sonion BAs and you get a whole heaping loving of Sonion BAs. You can even say the Impact is a Sonion BA lovers poster child. No Knowles to be found on these.

Details. Its trebles are handled by 2 Sonion BAs and 4 Sonion ESTs for the ultra highs. Crystalline details, smooth clean silky sparkly and very dimensional. Treble fans will love how details for treble plays in the air out of nowhere. Well extended and you can hear the integration of the EST air injection with superb highlights for trebles. Trebles are airy and has very good presence. There is no single plane of sound on these at all. These are how you can tell there are limitations on your treble presence on lesser IEMs. Details and transients for trebles are a given but has an addictive shimmer and sparkle and you know Penon tuned treble means no added fatigue. Excellent well optimized treble. I have a feeling the treble notes will fill in to a greater extent after some burn in but if the out of the box experience is something to go by. These are gonna impress even treble enthusiasts.
DSC00834.JPG

Bass. So why do you guys think these are called IMPACT? Cus that is exactly what these do for bass. These will be impactful not just for its presentation but for its bass. Punchy and defined just like the rest of the signature. What is interesting here is I don't know if these are Sonion Acupass BAs but there is no venting for the bass unless it is using some sort of venting from the nozzle. There is no vent bass hole anywhere I can see.

I also noticed the bass end digging a bit more so than your traditional well implemented BA bass. Has surprising texture. Agile, tonally accurate and of course BA speed, bass tracks actually have some authority. I would say it has at least 8dbs of mid bass to sub bass which is actually how much bass I feel is necessary for a versatile bass amount for IEMs in general. I think Penon took to heart how they tuned the bass end for BA based IEMs and tried a new trick. A BA set with authority? How can that be? It is an improvement from the Legend bass presence.
DSC00835.JPG
It's got better attack and seems to have a slower more realistic decay of bass notes for its sub bass.. A touch punchier than the Legend bass end. From how I understand it. Two of the bass BAs does upper to mid bass, two of them handle the rumble. Bass notes don't have the texture of a dynamic but these have to have some of the best texture for sub bass I have heard for BA bass. I noticed bass ability for the Impact is dynamic in how it performs. Meaning it adapts exceedingly well for bass types and emphasis depending on the track. Hip hop sounds like hip hop including some deep hitting rumble.

Natural bass notes sound unsurprisingly fantastic on these but is not weak in the sub bass emphasis. I couldnt ask for much better BA bass representation on the Impact.
Ultimately this all BA + EST design gives a fluid cohesive all Sonion sound that represents some of the brands best hardware in the Impact.

Dont have to worry about speed for these things either. Metal tracks sound amazing on these.

Passive Isolation.
Fantastic. These are an ode to the Penon Orbs clean clear design. The all clear Resin is like melted poured glass with no vent holes I can see. You want to talk about perfect for out and about immersion.. Also a nice ice breaker for sound geeks. Check out all the drivers homey!
You can show your friends all the BA/ speakers in the shell and look at that artwork for that immediate jealous look. Lol.

Thanks for sharing impressions. How does it pair with the Storm cable?

Jan 14, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #7,031 of 13,628
@ Dsnuts
Really the Obsidian shines with all BA IEMs. I was surprised as I just felt like leaving in on. The Obsidian has a way to add that lower midrange authority and warmth that all BA sets love!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #7,032 of 13,628
PenonIMPACT-iems-700x700.jpg

So exactly how does one suspend 10 BAs and 4 EST drivers to where they align perfectly for the shell resin to be poured with no marks of any type of residue all suspended perfectly aligned with the left and right shell? Would like to see an episode of Modern marvels to actually see the process.
1673707457954.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #7,033 of 13,628
Penon%20IMPACT%20F-700x700.jpg

So the impact comes with good old spiral dots and these two white tips with different sized bores. The Wider bored tip are optimal for the Impact but what is interesting is that the narrow bored version adds an enhancement for bass.
I know this one will be spendy but in the grand scheme of all things TOTL unfortunately that is the price for summit fi level IEMs. The packaging for the Impact might not be lavish but will be easily made up for by the Impact itself. As far as I know I dont think Penon will be releasing a new TOTL level cable to go with it. But I could be wrong.

13447a83190b19a77cea12ea36279c51.jpg

Oh wait whats this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back