The PENON official thread
Dec 29, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #6,901 of 14,160
Hi! New on Penon thread. Kindly asking for some insights. I'm planning to buy Penon Volt, however, I'm not sure if it is the right move since I heard that there's a possibility of new release on 2023. Should I wait?

Also, I'm curious how Volt would fare with IT07? I'm a little bit tired of IT07's "brilliant" signature, it is very clear and has very good resolution, but somehow a bit "aggressive" in a sense. Any comparisons? Thanks!

I suggest a pure copper cable for your ibasso it07, comparatively the volt is softer, denser, still very detailed, nothing harsh, but its bass hits a lot less on the Volt. In my case, I just sold the Volt due to its lack of bass impact.

Dec 29, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #6,902 of 14,160
OG Fan is more V shaped than the usual Penon IEM?
Looks like a fun and full sounding single DD by looking at the measurement by Hi End Portable.

fan.PNG
Yes the V signature done right with some special Penon tuning sauce. Glorious sub bass, mids slightly recessed but still holding its own and a smooth treble.

They’re quite complimentary to the H30, much more sub bass emphasis than mid bass and a more relaxed listen with the mids and treble. They have a different fit with a shorter and wider nozzle. Scales really well with sources too. I think they’re on sale every now and then but still worth it full price.

Dec 29, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #6,903 of 14,160
I was told to wait when I expressed an interest in the Volt...:smirk:
Oh. So something's cooking. I guess I gotta wait.
I suggest a pure copper cable for your ibasso it07, comparatively the volt is softer, denser, still very detailed, nothing harsh, but its bass hits a lot less on the Volt. In my case, I just sold the Volt due to its lack of bass impact.
I need try my copper cables then. Thanks! Out of curiosity, which is wetter sounding?

Dec 29, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #6,904 of 14,160
Yes the V signature done right with some special Penon tuning sauce. Glorious sub bass, mids slightly recessed but still holding its own and a smooth treble.

They’re quite complimentary to the H30, much more sub bass emphasis than mid bass and a more relaxed listen with the mids and treble. They have a different fit with a shorter and wider nozzle. Scales really well with sources too. I think they’re on sale every now and then but still worth it full price.
The original Fan is quite the performer and way better (a performer) than anyone who hasn’t heard it thinks. In fact I was burning it in on a table and had a modern day planar IEM that I was reviewing in my ears, on a chance I placed the Fan in for the first time, and I was truly surprised. And......I wasn’t surprised at what you may think! Even though it’s a fun tune, a consumer tune, maybe the most consumer tune Penon has done, it was the soundstage in the midrange that pulled past this Planar offering I was reviewing at the time. So of all the readers familiar with Penon, more familiar than I, of course you knew it was in fact the midrange. So they somehow pull-off a consumer tune with midrange the star of the show? Lol

Dec 29, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #6,905 of 14,160
The original Fan is quite the performer and way better (a performer) than anyone who hasn’t heard it thinks. In fact I was burning it in on a table and had a modern day planar IEM that I was reviewing in my ears, on a chance I placed the Fan in for the first time, and I was truly surprised. And......I wasn’t surprised at what you may think! Even though it’s a fun tune, a consumer tune, maybe the most consumer tune Penon has done, it was the soundstage in the midrange that pulled past this Planar offering I was reviewing at the time. So of all the readers familiar with Penon, more familiar than I, of course you knew it was in fact the midrange. So they somehow pull-off a consumer tune with midrange the star of the show? Lol
Penon gave me a Fan as a gift when I sent my Globe in for repair. It's been sitting in my IEM box, I guess I should check it out! I never really listened to it!

Dec 30, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #6,907 of 14,160
Penon gave me a Fan as a gift when I sent my Globe in for repair. It's been sitting in my IEM box, I guess I should check it out! I never really listened to it!
Well, I underestimated it, maybe I’m too cynical in my older years? Yet then I was like “oh”.....these guys aren’t messing around! They are always going to release something interesting, maybe? Then I decided to switch cables with it, then gained even more respect for Penon’s choice of (included) cable. Then I re-thought the price bracket it resides in, that’s when the head shaking started. Not to music though, is was more a subtle right to left movement, you know the style when your surprised and enlightened. Just another alcove of creativity and expression, now I’m thinking Penon can do no wrong? Look how strange the box it came with is, the velvet lining, look at the air vent (have you ever seen an air-vent exactly like the Fan air-vent?) Now look at the tips it came with, look at the large blue tips it came with....what? The biggest tips I’ve ever seen. Burn the Fan in for a week, and you tell me if it’s not a different and rewarding listen, that it’s simply a different take on the Penon house sound, one we have never heard before. At least I never heard this variation, and look closely at the faceplate. The sides are even clear blue, the actual IEM is 3D printed and very dark blue, you can see inside!

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #6,908 of 14,160
Spectacular! I'm hearing a rather large and 3D holographic soundstage with the 8 wire silver off the desktop...very impressive especially for the price!

20221230_070840.jpg

Dec 30, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #6,909 of 14,160
Haha, life’s little discoveries! I’m right now trying to figure out what
the designs are on the box?
Spectacular! I'm hearing a rather large and 3D holographic soundstage with the 8 wire silver off the desktop...very impressive especially for the price!

324A8297-7F1D-4842-89F8-28E36DD7A65F.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #6,911 of 14,160
Getting a little nuts with these boxes!

20221230_074549.jpg

Dec 30, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #6,912 of 14,160
Dec 30, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #6,913 of 14,160
Dec 30, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #6,914 of 14,160
Oh? So it is maybe a common box? When I received it, I thought it was rare, ignorance is bliss!
It was aliexpree cables

Dec 30, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #6,915 of 14,160
More I listen FAN2 more I love it, now with DX320X and Ikko CTU01 Cable, but I like it with N6ii Ti too 😋

Users who are viewing this thread

Back