The PENON official thread
Nov 25, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #6,571 of 13,696
Wow man what is this?! I didn't care about the Serial stock cable at all and immediately put in the ISN S2 cable. That bass experience! 0 burn-in. It seems like it slams more than Aria and Timeless! The stage width and depth also feels bigger than all other IEMs I tested so far. I'm looking forward to the burn-in. I only tested the Serial with blue stock tips. How would the green or white ones fare? White should be less bass because it's bore is large.

So far the stock tips feel almost the same at bass. White ones have a bit more treble, but still a lot of bass because they are softer and probably seal better? Green ones seem to have a bit less bass while blue ones sound the bassiest. Passive isolation is good with green and blue tips. White tips leak more.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #6,572 of 13,696
Just took possession of the Fan 2, listening now off my desktop with 8 wire palladium gold silver cable. I am boosting the bass a bit with my Lokius, but I do that all the time when listenning to techno which I am now. Well! First thing is I love the new case and cable. I will not use stock cable but it looks robust. Also, these things insert DEEP! But once fitted with yellow spinfit tip with deep insertion these are rather comfortable. Concerning the sound, and I know these need to be burned in, but I am pleasantly surprised. Yes they are neutral, but so what. These have a richness to them. The bass has great body. Mids are dead flat in a glorious way. Very impressed so far. Also I want to thank Penon for gifting me a set of Fan (Fan 1), they sound great and I really appreciate that!

20221125_130753.jpg20221125_131456.jpg20221125_131501.jpg20221125_132725.jpg20221125_132735_HDR.jpg20221125_132826_HDR.jpg

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #6,573 of 13,696
My C2 just arrived in the mail today. First thought was - THAT BASS.

On the Vortex: I didn’t know the Vortex was capable of that much bass. (Also, the slightly darker colour of the C2 matches the Vortex perfectly.) I don’t see it displacing the Vita, my cable of choice for it, but C2 offers a darker, heftier and distinctly different flavour despite their both being copper cables.

I liked the C2 a lot with Fan 2. F2 is very neutral but with a hint of warmth and C2 picks up on that without changing its character drastically.

Now it’s Serial’s turn.

Quick take: I thought I would generally prefer the S2 in most instances (which was why I bought it first) but the C2 shows it isn’t that straightforward. Sure, S2 offers all-round extension and spaciousness that is easy to like, and C2 is darker though not at the expense of technicalities, but I’m really digging the dynamism and weight that C2 brings to the table. So out of the 3 Penon IEMs I’ve tried them with so far, I might just reach for the C2 over the S2 for two of them.

I think the C2 is going to spend the night with Serial.

7E7F7E92-44A7-4E8F-8593-24A68619BF2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #6,574 of 13,696
The Fan 2 is like a synthesis of the Serial and the Globe :)

Outstanding! I am adoring the Fan 2 right now...

Nov 25, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #6,576 of 13,696
My FAN2 is stuck at customs, usually when there is no VAT to charge they stack it in a mail stack and wait a week or two. But when it is VAT to be paid they ship it out in a day. At least I'm having a blast with my Serial and H30 two very complimentary IEMs.

Nov 25, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #6,577 of 13,696
I just have to say that the Fan 2 is so ridiculously good, the value is staggering compared to other (significantly) more expensive IEMs. I just received the ISN S2 cable for it today, and have been listening to my favorite tracks on my Cayin N8ii with a smile on my face all afternoon. I also own the UM Mest MkII and the Thieaudio Monarch MkII, and the Fan 2 literally crushes them. Even compared to my usual go-to Sony IER-Z1R, the Fan 2 has clearly better mids, and only comes up short in the sub-bass quality (treble being roughly equal).

For full disclosure, I am already an avid Penon follower, as I also own the Volt (with Totem cable), Legend (with Storm cable), Vortex and original Fan. The Legend has easily been my favorite Penon IEM for quite some time, but the Fan 2 is so good that it may even unseat the Legend. Well done Penon!

Nov 26, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #6,578 of 13,696
D'accordo, 3 giorni non sono sufficienti per essere onesti. Ne farei altri 3. Non stop.

Se hai un cavo più trasparente, qualcosa con dentro dell'argento. Dovrebbe anche aiutare un po'.

Seriale con cavo Mix. Ottima sinergia.

Consiglio sempre alle persone di ottenere prima gli IEM. Non è una necessità al 100% far corrispondere un cavo a un IEM. Il cavo CS819 di serie va benissimo. Il valore al dettaglio del CS819 è di $ 49 tra l'altro, quindi non è che il cavo sia uno di quei cavi che la maggior parte dei produttori è colpevole di inserire con un IEM. Non è il cavo più risolutivo, ma non deve esserlo davvero per farti sentire di cosa tratta il serial.

La cosa più importante nel serial è che le persone facciano un rodaggio adeguato per loro. So che è stato menzionato più e più volte, ma 3 dinamiche da combinare per una singola uscita audio lo richiedono più di qualsiasi altro tipo di IEM. Quindi puoi iniziare a scherzare con il modo in cui suonano con roba aftermarket. I suggerimenti giocano un ruolo tanto quanto i cavi, quindi sperimenta i tuoi migliori suggerimenti.

Detto questo, l'11.11 accadrà presto ed è allora che vuoi guardare qualcosa come i cavi aftermarket se ti senti così incline. Metà della mia collezione di cavi è stata acquistata in saldo durante i giorni 11.11 nel corso degli anni. Se comprerai qualcosa di audio. Questo è il momento.

I always advise folks to get the IEMs first. It is not a 100% necessity to get a cable to match up with an IEM. The stock CS819 cable is perfectly fine. The retail value of the CS819 is at $49 by the way so it isn't like the cable is one of those throw in cables that most manufacturers are guilty of throwing in with an IEM. Its not the most resolving of cables but it doesn't really have to be to let you hear what the serial is about.

What's more important on the serial is that folks do a proper burn in for them. I know that has been mentioned over and over again but 3 dynamics to mesh for a single sound output requires it more than any other type of IEMs. Then you can start messing with how they sound with aftermarket stuff. Tips play a role as much as cables do so experiment with your best tips.

This being said 11.11 will be happening soon and that is when you want to look at something like aftermarket cables if you feel so inclined. Half of my cable collection was bought on sale during 11.11 days throughout the years. If your gonna buy anything audio. That is the time.
Dsnuts, I am a follower of your sincere and honest comments, I had first bought the H30 and then I switched to the H50, after several months of enjoying it, I have decided to update them, please what do you recommend me, regards.

Nov 26, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #6,579 of 13,696
Wow man what is this?! I didn't care about the Serial stock cable at all and immediately put in the ISN S2 cable. That bass experience! 0 burn-in. I The stage width and depth also feels bigger
No Surprises here.
But I must admit, that was a jaw dropping experience, when I received mine.
Till this day, even direct connect from my iphone, legit Far Out of head, experience all the time, every time...
As for tips, Azla Sedna Ear tips, grey or Blue stems work best for me...

IMG_E1622.JPG

Nov 26, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #6,580 of 13,696
I just have to say that the Fan 2 is so ridiculously good, the value is staggering compared to other (significantly) more expensive IEMs. I just received the ISN S2 cable for it today, and have been listening to my favorite tracks on my Cayin N8ii with a smile on my face all afternoon. I also own the UM Mest MkII and the Thieaudio Monarch MkII, and the Fan 2 literally crushes them. Even compared to my usual go-to Sony IER-Z1R, the Fan 2 has clearly better mids, and only comes up short in the sub-bass quality (treble being roughly equal).

For full disclosure, I am already an avid Penon follower, as I also own the Volt (with Totem cable), Legend (with Storm cable), Vortex and original Fan. The Legend has easily been my favorite Penon IEM for quite some time, but the Fan 2 is so good that it may even unseat the Legend. Well done Penon!
Layering, separation, that upper treble resolution and overall detail retrieval, without taxing a lot on the FUN Factor are the properties that will put the F2 permanently as one of Penon's very best offering to date.
We got an awful lot for what we paid for...
IMG_E1626.JPG

Nov 26, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #6,581 of 13,696
From @Penon 's feed. Just in case anyone's hunting for a pair....
1669459060802.png

Nov 26, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #6,583 of 13,696
I'm burning the Serial in. Probably 168 hours. Does it matter if I interrupt the burn-in process many times? Of course I will count the real burn-in hours.
Nope, not really...

Nov 26, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #6,584 of 13,696
I'm burning the Serial in. Probably 168 hours. Does it matter if I interrupt the burn-in process many times? Of course I will count the real burn-in hours.

Uh-oh. If you get interrupted you'll have to start all over again.

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #6,585 of 13,696

I'm thinking to the Volt , can you think that they sum up the serial bass experience with the the speed and thickness of the fan2 ? If you had serial and fan2, would you sell them to have only the volt??? Or it's better collect the tri middle priced iem serial vortex and fan2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back