The PENON official thread
Jul 20, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #421 of 13,652
Ok so this is a substantial find.
DSC07349.JPG
I finally got these NiceHCK 4 core silver cables. This cable synergizes extremely well on the Orbs. I have a bunch of other silver cables and these sound just as good on the Orbs. And they are the cost of a dinner plate.

For guys that want some extra definition including that treble. Get a set of these. Your gonna be very surprised.

Jul 21, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #422 of 13,652

I finally got these NiceHCK 4 core silver cables. This cable synergizes extremely well on the Orbs. I have a bunch of other silver cables and these sound just as good on the Orbs. And they are the cost of a dinner plate.

For guys that want some extra definition including that treble. Get a set of these. Your gonna be very surprised.
I'm still very skeptical about these cables.. my knowledge of speaker wiring would lead believe such thin cables would actually have less treble if the treble is the byproduct of better signal. Silver is only 7% more conductive than copper, the difference is probably somewhat less for silver plated copper. That's a 4n purity cable too, you can get much more substantial OCC spc cables, that are both thicker, and higher purity (5n-7n) at that $20-$40 price range which really makes me question if getting a cheap silver cable is worth it because in theory those thick 5n-7n spc cable should give way better signal transmission than these cheap and thin 4n silver cables. Sadly not many of us have the means to test actual cable quality except by ear, and I don't trust myself or others not to be affected by placebo.

I do have a trn t3 on the way so I guess I'll soon be finding out how these cheap pure silver cables are. My hopes are not high tbh cause the trn t2 cable I bought before was crap, one side was way quieter than the other. I thought that it might be the same as the tripowin zonie but I was wrong. That was when I realized sometimes its better to spend a little more for better quality, even if the difference is only in QC and a few parts like the difference audio jack and splitter.

Yanyoo is selling a 4 core cable 7n silver at a similar price. Not sure if it's litz. Also seemed too thin to me. If this trn t3 is no good I'll be convinced the best budget cable is just to grab a tripowin zonie.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #423 of 13,652
What source(s) are you using? I tested out Pink Sweat$ and his vocals were infront of the guitar throughout the whole song.

Slipknot - Unsainted. I didnt sense any congestion on this track. Of course there are better fidelity sets so know this song can sound even better on a more competent unit. Still did a good job i feel on this track.

I can't go back and compare to h40 but i can see where things may sound closed in since the soundstage is smaller than the h40.

Well, it's not that it's congested on the orb per say, it's just that it feels like it is next to the H40 simply because the H40 are a little more dynamic sounding and do a better job of seperating instruments. The H40 have a bit of a open back airiness to them, which probably attributes to it's slightly inferior passive isolation and larger soundstage. Personaly I like this. Surprisingly when I really focused and paid attention to my comparisons I realized that the penon orbs had better stereo imaging, which was a really confusing realization for me. You would think the monitors with a larger soundstage would be better at imaging.

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #424 of 13,652
Hey all. I've decided to put my Orbs up for sale - they are great at what they do but they aren't really adding anything extra to the IEMs I already have. If I didn't have the Noble Tux5 they would stay. I'll still keep my eye on Penon for the next UIEM they do - hopefully with a little more treble definition (but not changing anything else).

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #425 of 13,652
DSC07349.JPG

I'm assuming that is the one he calls the LitzPS 4N?

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #426 of 13,652
Well, it's not that it's congested on the orb per say, it's just that it feels like it is next to the H40 simply because the H40 are a little more dynamic sounding and do a better job of seperating instruments. The H40 have a bit of a open back airiness to them, which probably attributes to it's slightly inferior passive isolation and larger soundstage. Personaly I like this. Surprisingly when I really focused and paid attention to my comparisons I realized that the penon orbs had better stereo imaging, which was a really confusing realization for me. You would think the monitors with a larger soundstage would be better at imaging.

I feel you. Agreed on imaging. tad better.

Jul 21, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #427 of 13,652
After extended listening to the orbs and the h40 for me and what I listen to the ISNS are better in every way. The orbs are very good but the H40 are far more immersive and emotional. The orbs sound a lot like the audio legacy 3. Too similar as I have both The H40 are special. They sound like your listening to beautifully mastered vinyl. The synergy between the soundstage, bass and the mids are simply wonderful. All being said they are both great I can see why some may prefer the orbs. But for my listening tastes the lush, thick mids also the wonderful rendering of vocals on the H40 are

sensational. They remind me of what the Blons would sound like with better bass and soundstage. The bass on the H40 have far more texture and richness compared to the orbs on early listening. Of course it's early days. I will do burn them in also do some cable and tip rolling but for now H40 are pure audio nirvana and will take some beating

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #428 of 13,652
Jul 21, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #429 of 13,652
Is it really litz?

I just took a look on the site. Here is the info it gives...

Specification

①Product Name: NICEHCK 4N Litz Pure Silver Cable

②Brand and Model: NICEHCK LitzPS

③Cable Material: 4N Pure Silver

④Cable Core: 0.08*10, 4 Strands 40 Cores; 1.2m±3cm, Internal Core 0.092mm with Litz

⑤Cable Diameter: 28AWG(Inside Diameter 0.33mm,Cross Sectional Area 0.0553mm²)

⑥Skin Material: American PVC

⑦Insulation Material: Litz

⑧Length: 1.2m ± 3cm

⑨Impedance: < 0.3ohm

⑩Inductance: 0.4uF/ft

⑪Solder: WTB Solder Silver Solder

⑫Plug: 3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm

⑬Connector: MMCX/0.78mm 2Pin/QDC 2Pin/NX7 2Pin

⑭Plug Material: Carbon Fiber & Stainless Steel

⑮Splitter Material: Carbon Fiber & Stainless Steel

Jul 21, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #430 of 13,652
I just took a look on the site. Here is the info it gives...

Specification

①Product Name: NICEHCK 4N Litz Pure Silver Cable

②Brand and Model: NICEHCK LitzPS

③Cable Material: 4N Pure Silver

④Cable Core: 0.08*10, 4 Strands 40 Cores; 1.2m±3cm, Internal Core 0.092mm with Litz

⑤Cable Diameter: 28AWG(Inside Diameter 0.33mm,Cross Sectional Area 0.0553mm²)

⑥Skin Material: American PVC

⑦Insulation Material: Litz

⑧Length: 1.2m ± 3cm

⑨Impedance: < 0.3ohm

⑩Inductance: 0.4uF/ft

⑪Solder: WTB Solder Silver Solder

⑫Plug: 3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm

⑬Connector: MMCX/0.78mm 2Pin/QDC 2Pin/NX7 2Pin

⑭Plug Material: Carbon Fiber & Stainless Steel

⑮Splitter Material: Carbon Fiber & Stainless Steel
I would pay double for a twice as thick cable but twice as thick seems to cost triple to quadruple smh.
After extended listening to the orbs and the h40 for me and what I listen to the ISNS are better in every way. The orbs are very good but the H40 are far more immersive and emotional. The orbs sound a lot like the audio legacy 3. Too similar as I have both The H40 are special. They sound like your listening to beautifully mastered vinyl. The synergy between the soundstage, bass and the mids are simply wonderful. All being said they are both great I can see why some may prefer the orbs. But for my listening tastes the lush, thick mids also the wonderful rendering of vocals on the H40 are

sensational. They remind me of what the Blons would sound like with better bass and soundstage. The bass on the H40 have far more texture and richness compared to the orbs on early listening. Of course it's early days. I will do burn them in also do some cable and tip rolling but for now H40 are pure audio nirvana and will take some beating

This is why I keep comparing the H40 to the blons and saying people who like the blons will LOVE the H40, it just feels like a way better upgraded version of the bl-03. On the other hand the penon orb sound and feel more like an upgrade to the starfield, and I'm guessing the L3 also has a similar sound signature going by your account.

Jul 21, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #431 of 13,652
I would pay double for a twice as thick cable but twice as thick seems to cost triple to quadruple smh.

This is why I keep comparing the H40 to the blons and saying people who like the blons will LOVE the H40, it just feels like a way better upgraded version of the bl-03. On the other hand the penon orb sound and feel more like an upgrade to the starfield, and I'm guessing the L3 also has a similar sound signature going by your account.
Absolutely. They really remind me of the Blons. Which I love. They are better in every aspect. Like a blon on steroids. The orbs really sound like the L3. Bass is better on the orbs. I find vocals a bit dry on both. The starfields are a bit more warm and a touch more congested. To be honest for the price the orbs and h40 are great value. In going to do some burn in and cable rolling on the orbs but initial impressions are good. Just waiting to see if they will grow on me a bit more. I'm sure they will

Jul 21, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #432 of 13,652
After all the raving, I got a pair of those Blons ... I get a vague idea how they sound if I keep them pressed into my ears with my hands. But alas, I will never get them to seal without 50 lbs of lateral force per ear.

Fortunately, the Orbs fit quite nicely.

Jul 21, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #433 of 13,652
After all the raving, I got a pair of those Blons ... I get a vague idea how they sound if I keep them pressed into my ears with my hands. But alas, I will never get them to seal without 50 lbs of lateral force per ear.

Fortunately, the Orbs fit quite nicely.
If you haven’t already, use a 3rd party 2 pin cable and either Final E tips or Sedna Earfits tips.

Edit: I think it’s interesting. The BL03 is so famous for its timbre and its tuning. Whatever else may be lacking, there is now widespread knowledge of it’s tuning, and it’s worth getting a pair just to know what everyone else is talking about. It’s getting to the point where it could be it’s own named FR curve. Harman, diffuse field, BL03, etc.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #435 of 13,652
If you haven’t already, use a 3rd party 2 pin cable and either Final E tips or Sedna Earfits tips.

Edit: I think it’s interesting. The BL03 is so famous for its timbre and its tuning. Whatever else may be lacking, there is now widespread knowledge of it’s tuning, and it’s worth getting a pair just to know what everyone else is talking about. It’s getting to the point where it could be it’s own named FR curve. Harman, diffuse field, BL03, etc.

I've tried all those tips and more. Because of the shape of its body, it won't stay in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back