1.Fan; 1 dd = usd.139, now on special offer @ usd.69.50
2.Sphere 1 ba = usd.169
3.Orb 1 dd 1 ba (2)= usd.259
4.Globe 1 dd 2 ba (3)= usd.339
5.Serial 3 dd = usd.???
5.Volt 1 dd 2 ba 4est (7) = usd.799
6.Legend 13 ba = usd.1,199

The Trend:
In the dap industry, Ibasso released the dx240, a very powerful pocketable player, very close - i mean almost a fraction less than the very successful, extremely powerful, true high end dx300 for supreme SQ and ui. Only back up time the 300 wins.
The Serial can be very close to tuning qualities of the Volt - and taken into tight considerations, comments from both the Volt (not enough treble, for me is ok - but i'm not the entire community) and the Legend (soft bottom end - albeit a very premium quality ba receiver bass)
This can happen on the Serial, and this is where I'm crossing my fingers...

Nov 17, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #3,572 of 13,666
Penon Serial is a musical IEM, its price is less than USD300, and the price will be officially announced later, please give us some time.

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Nov 17, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #3,573 of 13,666
Penon Serial is a musical IEM, its price is less than USD300, and the price will be officially announced later, please give us some time.
That's a competitive price, lower than 3DT.

Nov 17, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #3,574 of 13,666

Penon Serial​

3DD Dynamic Coherence
Better Bass rumble & texture
Penon House sound Mids
Globe energy & treble tuned
Better detail retrieval
The essence of Volt Holographic

:heart_eyes:

1632902607563.png

Will check out our wish list soon...

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #3,575 of 13,666

Music to my ears! Fingers crossed it's a corker.

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #3,576 of 13,666
Aw hell yeah, less than 300 sounds promising to me.

That said, the way Mehran and Bob talked about the Orb on the previous page has me very interested too... Well, not that I'm going to be buying anything over a hundred for a while, seems like my life is currently just a constant rollercoaster of bigger and smaller expenses. Hopefully things start settling soon.

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #3,577 of 13,666
Penon Serial , ISN H50, Shozy SCB2 have almost same price but different presentation, maybe @Dsnuts will compare them all :)

Nov 17, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #3,578 of 13,666
Oh yeah! Will Santa be able to get the 3DD Serial to me in time for Christmas? :) Barring world-wide supply chain issues...

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #3,580 of 13,666
@Penon

Thanks for your reply! I know my words will have zero impact on the price but please allow this iem to be accessible to the general masses. I am a vocals fanatic and a person was recommending your earphones to me for this case in particular. I am intrigued about the triple DD along with your special mids nature and am just hoping it's one of those budget friendly iems. Of course you have a price and plan in mind but I am hoping it's nothing extravagant this time around. Sometimes companies definitely overprice iems since much lower priced ones have put them to shame from time to time even based on pure technicalities.
Not sure what your budget is but you might consider buying used. I bought both globe and volt this way. They seem to fly under the radar particularly the volt. You would be surprised the deal you can get with a bit of patience.

Nov 17, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #3,581 of 13,666
Oh yeah! Will Santa be able to get the 3DD Serial to me in time for Christmas? :) Barring world-wide supply chain issues...
Christmas definitely came early!

1637157496517.png

Nov 17, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #3,582 of 13,666
Brought the Fan with me to work this morning to take a good listen.

A bit of a back story. A famous retailer in S.Korea that was selling very nicely made T shirts. It was comparable to much higher end T shirts the shop would sell but the price was cheap in comparison to their usual line up. Materials for the T shirt was the same as the expensive ones and the quality certainly was the same. But for some odd reason this T shirt did not sell well. In fact the shop owner had no idea what was happening as he thought the T-shirt would have sold out as it was so much more affordable vs the more expensive Ts he had in the shop.

So he did a social experiment where he upped the price purposefully to match the prices on his more higher end T shirts to see what would happen. Lo n behold the T shirts that would not see a sale now was selling like hot cakes. He upped the price 3X what it was sold for and now it was selling.

The Fan is like the T-shirt. The sound is not your typical lush full bodied Penon house sound. In fact it is the most different out of the line up. The Fan reminds me of higher end open cans and how those are tuned more so than earphones that are priced at a similar level. Folks that try to listen to the Fans via phone will not hear them optimally. Even tough it says 23 ohms for impedance. Its low sensitivity at 103dbs means you have to have some power to push their sonics. The sound out of even an intro level dap like a Fiio X1 is not optimal.

Throw them on something like the IFI Black label or a small portable amp and now we are talking. They even say so on Penons FB page. So if you recently bought one. Know they require some power. Once fed some good current the sound becomes that more expensive T shirt I was talking about.

They can sound a bit analytical without that power. With power they become a different earphone. Much more higher end sounding. Somethin like a Fostex house sound.

Its got a V shaped sound character but its got a nicely imaged wider stage for single dynamics. Its technicalities will be dependent on what source you use. On my Black label they sound nothing like the small earphones they are. On my Fiio X1 I was using to burn them in. Not so much. The different between feeding them some amp and not is substantial to how they sound. They do have a good dynamic bass presentation and mids can lack some note weight and fullness with a weaker source. Presentation is much more improved and much more engaging with amping. I noticed treble presentation can change with amping as well. Much more controlled and cleaner sounding. A bit bright an brittle sounding with a weak source.

I am using the Fan on my Fiio M15 on medium gain and that is enough power to bring them to a good listening level. They do tend to lack a bit of height to the sonics again which is uncharacteristic of Penon made IEMs. More akin to neutral tunings. The width of stage is much greater than its height or depth. Again more closer to how open back higher end cans project sound. I do appreciate that they are unique in the Penon line up. More different than anything similar from their main offerings. They can and do sound engaging but again with the caveat that you power them properly.

Nov 17, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #3,584 of 13,666
Wow. The Penon Audio Volt sounds really good. Very roomy and natural. Excellent job Penon Audio.

So Sonion ESTs in the Volt need burn in as well as the dynamic. Trebles will open up a more so and sound will get even better once you get some time on them drivers. EST burn in is just music burn in at normal listening volumes.

I remember our buddy @tgx78 did a before and after graph of the Volt and his after graph shows clear advantages of burn in. Not to mention you will hear it. As they say

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #3,585 of 13,666
So Sonion ESTs in the Volt need burn in as well as the dynamic. Trebles will open up a more so and sound will get even better once you get some time on them drivers. EST burn in is just music burn in at normal listening volumes.

I remember our buddy @tgx78 did a before and after graph of the Volt and his after graph shows clear advantages of burn in. Not to mention you will hear it. As they say

I'm looking forward to those improvements.

20211118_000457.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back