The PENON official thread
Oct 2, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #3,392 of 13,727
Legends has the wider stage. Sparks is not weak in that department , might have a deeper stage actually but it is the Lands that is more closer to the stage of the Legend. Both have excellent mids, Legends mid bands sounds a bit wider and more spacious sounding while the Sparks mids sound more dense both having excellent dimensional full range mids. Their bass ends are comparable the real difference is for the treble response. The Spark has more mid to upper treble focus due to EST implementation and Legend being more lower treble emphasis. a bit better balanced treble presentation, both showing good extension for trebles but due to the Spark having more mid trebles they have more treble energy for its presentation a bit more spark for trebles actually. True to the name.

If your wondering if it will be worth getting a Legend if you own the Spark. That depends if your looking for the best Penon sound. Sparks just as technical if not more so and has its own presentation that sounds more energetic vs the more even balancing of the Legends. Different flavors but both worthy for certain.

Oct 2, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #3,393 of 13,727
I usually have the TFZ No.3 with NiceHCK. HB2 for gym but tried it out with the Fan today whilst cleaning (interchangeable connectors really useful). I was impressed with the match up and enjoyed the sound. The HB2 drives them pretty well.
4E06A895-F11C-4F41-A951-89CACE053388.jpeg

Oct 3, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #3,394 of 13,727
I usually have the TFZ No.3 with NiceHCK. HB2 for gym but tried it out with the Fan today whilst cleaning (interchangeable connectors really useful). I was impressed with the match up and enjoyed the sound. The HB2 drives them pretty well.
4E06A895-F11C-4F41-A951-89CACE053388.jpeg
This is perfect for its purpose.
Good isolation...

Oct 3, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #3,395 of 13,727
My Penon Globe sounds even better now, thanks to @MrWalkman's new Walkman One custom firmware for the Sony ZX300. I opted to enable the Dawn (bright) tuning and it now complements the tuning of Globe really well. Better sparkle and extension up top while not boosting the already warm low end tuning. Those who got the same DAP or even the WM1A, A30/A40/A50 series DAPs should try the Walkman One custom firmware for your Penon IEMs.

Oct 3, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #3,399 of 13,727
I thought the sound expanded more so than on open listen, sounds cleaner with the bass which becomes more rangy and fuller sounding. I was able to make out the switch effects much better after burn in so I bet the sound gets a bit more precise as well.

Oct 4, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #3,403 of 13,727
I thought the sound expanded more so than on open listen, sounds cleaner with the bass which becomes more rangy and fuller sounding. I was able to make out the switch effects much better after burn in so I bet the sound gets a bit more precise as well.
I 100% concur with @Dsnuts findings. They continue to refine their sound for at least the first 50 - 100 hours, which is part of my reason for not having posted my review yet. After a solid burn-in period the Legends are even more impressive than straight out of the box. @Penon have created something very special in the Legends for a super reasonable price given the sound.

Oct 4, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #3,404 of 13,727
I am really looking forward to your review KickAss. Especially if you do some comparisons to your other TOTL IEMs!

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #3,405 of 13,727

Users who are viewing this thread

Back