The PA2V2 Thread
Jun 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #661 of 752
Quote:
I noticed that Gary suggests to use the PA2V2 "In a vehicle between a portable player and the AUX input jack"... so I had to try it. Wow, this little thing instantly turns my Elantra's crappy stock stereo into a rather decent system! Night and day. Easily, the best bang-for-the-buck upgrade anyone can make to their car audio.

Great suggestion, have to give that a try this week on planned trip!

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #663 of 752
I received mine an hour ago.. man.. speechless.. it does wonders to my m-100.. the clarity is better.. sound is better.. bass is just perfect.. this is my first amp.. and thanks to head-fi reviews.. i am glad i made the right decision..

any suggestions how to stick it to the ipod touch? 

Thanks.

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #664 of 752
Try using elastic bands or any bands in general. I got tired of the bands so I am using a case logic camera case to hold my ipod 2g and amp in one place. Also I am thinking of getting a sansa clip+, sansa zip to replace my ipod 2g because I want to try something different; is it worth it to switch to a new mp3 player?

Oct 25, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #667 of 752
  I received mine an hour ago.. man.. speechless.. it does wonders to my m-100.. the clarity is better.. sound is better.. bass is just perfect.. this is my first amp.. and thanks to head-fi reviews.. i am glad i made the right decision..

any suggestions how to stick it to the ipod touch? 

Thanks.

this is the v-moda m 100 right 

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #669 of 752
awesome. i'm about to get the pa2v2 to use with my m80. so it's awesome to hear from someone who's benefitting from a similar setup 

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #671 of 752
Got this little gem almost a year ago, and it's worth every penny :) been using it with my beyerdynamic custom one pro and I love it!
anyone know how well these pair with higher end cans though? ex. DT880 and philips X1.

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #672 of 752
Expecting mine any day now! I have ATH-M50s and HiFiMAN RE-262s. Eager to hear how they'll both sound with this little gadget! And Gary is so darn friendly/helpful; what's not to love? :)

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #673 of 752
Welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet!

I still use mine all the time. The time between charging is simply unreal.  I use it for iems all the way through to vintage orthodynamics even. Nice unit never a problem. You can user adjust the gain inside if you need also.

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #674 of 752
  Welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet!

Thanks, nick!
smily_headphones1.gif

Following up from my earlier post, the amp arrived in the mail yesterday. Spent all evening revisiting some of my favorite albums with my iPhone 4S, PA2V2, FiiO L9, and RE-262s. One slight adjustment of the gain screws later, and I've noticed a fair bit of added warmth and oomph to the bass. Not at all overpowering, but satisfyingly more so than unamped. Emailed Gary my thoughts, and he couldn't have been more happy that I enjoyed the product.

Oh yeah, and my amp was #12155. Holy hell, he's done a lot! And the "Enjoy the amp, Joseph!" on the packaging was nice as well. Glad to do business with someone who takes such pride in their work. He deserves every bit of praise!

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #675 of 752
I use an iPod classic straight to headphones right now, I was wondering...would this device (+ LOD) be a worthwhile improvement in sound? I really like the long battery life and portability of it.

The headphones I have are CAL, JVC HA-S400, Audio Technica ATH-T400, and Sennheiser CX300 II. I know most people use these with higher end headphones. I would appreciate any thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back