The PA2V2 Thread
Apr 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #526 of 752
I've always been a bit curious what gary looks like suffice to say  no one is safe from google!

Good looking fellow by the way
smile.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #527 of 752
Whoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine (and my friends) arrived today from Gary at my office - lucky I had my 3/4 modded T50-RP's with me today and have spent the last 3 hours listening while working...   

I just have to say, what a wonderful amp for the price/size, more than enough power, and it sounds so clean - very very nice.

The support and dealings with Gary have been a pleasure and incredibly easy as he is a very friendly and helpful person.  There is a reason he has sold so many of theses beyond just the amazing hardware.

Huge thumbs up to Gary and the PA2V2  
L3000.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #528 of 752
 NOW WE KNOW WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE I CAN SEND THE MOUNTIES FOR MY AMP. He promised it weeks ago.
Having exchanged emails and reading about him for years I have no doubt it will arrive if the postal people don't snatch it first.
very excited to hear.He seems like a very nice fellow.I told him of my vinyl collection and he recalled his Mother playing them in the 1970's. I'll keep waiting for the postman. My feelings are even ifI don't like it will someday be a treasure to own.

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #529 of 752
Alright I'm eagerly awaiting my amp, and it has just hit the 5 day mark of the 5-10 business days and I'm curious to hear from o there's in california as to what carrier you recieved your package from, does the canadian postage hand it over to USPS or does Canada air mail ship it to my door? I hope I don't miss delivery cause I live in a stupid gated community.

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #530 of 752
OK, the Amp arrived this day. No power,duh, no batteries. installed and waiting for a full charge. Called off the Mounties !
The handwriting is that of a woman, "Enjoy the amp". Nice touch. Took about 14 days to arrive. 

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #531 of 752

Quote:
OK, the Amp arrived this day. No power,duh, no batteries. installed and waiting for a full charge. Called off the Mounties !
The handwriting is that of a woman, "Enjoy the amp". Nice touch. Took about 14 days to arrive. 

Canada post can be pathetic.  My HM5's and E10 took 5 days to get from 'Customs Cleared - Vancouver' to my house.  I could walk to the postal facilities and back in a day.  One day.  And that was using "Xpresspost".  Can you imagine how long it would have taken if it was regular mail??

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #532 of 752

Quote:

Canada post can be pathetic.  My HM5's and E10 took 5 days to get from 'Customs Cleared - Vancouver' to my house.  I could walk to the postal facilities and back in a day.  One day.  And that was using "Xpresspost".  Can you imagine how long it would have taken if it was regular mail??

Wow I'm glad to hear that united states postal isn't the worse out there. But still I hope they don't mess around too much, I'm hoping mine will arrive by the end of the month. Also just curious does anyone know if Canada air mail ships to houses on sat or only mon-fri?

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #533 of 752
I just got my amp back from repair, all my problems were fixed! And I'm not sure if it's because I now use an LOD but I hear absolutely no electrical interference and my phone is sitting right on top of the amp. And it was nice of Gary to package it back like the day I first received it with the "Enjoy the amp ___".

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #535 of 752
i got mine in today, and not bad i got unit number 10329, its a nice little product. i just had to turn the two gain knobs a bit to get it where i wanted it but I'm not sure if its more of a placebo effect but i feel like its made my headphones feel a bit fuller, if that makes any sense. i was also happy to find a sticker that fit perfectly in the square now i just need to find a clear bubble sticker that fits perfectly hahaha cool little device but i foresee many more amps in my future... oh man im in trouble 

Edit: on in total it took exactly 10 business days from toronto to california

May 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #537 of 752
I just ordered mine last week, and also a new Clip Zip I should have by Wednesday. Gary was very helpful, I told him I have a Shure SE215 IEMs, and also a pair of AD700s, he said he will flag a unit for me, and set the adjustments where it should work well for both phones as a starting point.
I am very anxious hear this.. likely let both units burn in over night first. Still putting 'time' on my 215s, and after getting the ear tips correct (Complys on the way) they sound awesome!

Sorry to see the PA2V2 gets dissed or glossed over at anythingbutipod. From what I read there, most know very little about the amp, like the advantage of running rechargeables instead of alkalines, etc Their support for Sansa and the Samsung, are the only reasons I go there. Although, I've likely learned about as much on the players and certainly more on amps on this forum.

May 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #538 of 752
Just got mine yesterday, #10382. Amazing! I was running it on alkalines until I got some NiMH from Kmart today. The difference is noticeable. Overall, the amp gives my Sansa Clip-Zip a 'lift'. The sound seems to have more presence, it just makes the overall sound better with a little more impact and clarity. Virtually no noise other than the expected scratchiness when the volume is turned down to a very low level. Nothing is really burned-in yet, so I would expect it to improve more. I have not noticed any channel imbalance, at least not at a normal listening level and beyond.
I know some got rechargeables with their unit, I did not, but paid a flat $60 for everything, so I still call that a good deal. Actually, a great deal considering the quality of the product and the outstanding CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back